Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Roxy getting spayed in the morning!

heidiho
February 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I know it a normal thing,but i am a little nervous just because she will be put under..No food or water tonight after 8:00 already feel bad because she is gonna be like what the h*** feed me you guys...:o

Frenchy
February 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Don't worry ! It's a simple procedure, so you're getting her back the same day ? When I got Missy spayed :cat: :rip: and she came back home, she was always complaining,like she was in pain, but only when I walk in the room she was in :rolleyes:

heidiho
February 8th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah she goes in at 8:00 and we can pick her up at 4:00..I scheduled it on friday so if she is hurting the next day i can be home with her,she is just so i dont know girly i dont want her to go through any kind of pain you know..So i wont be able to update til monday,no computer at home.Although i will call when surgery is over to get a check up..

Lukka'sma
February 8th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I will be thinking of little Roxy tomorrow and looking for an update Monday. I'm sure things will go smoothly.

heidiho
February 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks,hopefully i can get update to you when she is out and recovering..I hate even parting with her.She is in her comfort zone at home........

rainbow
February 8th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Good vibes being sent to sweet litle Roxy. :goodvibes: I'm sure everything will be fine. :grouphug:

jiorji
February 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks,hopefully i can get update to you when she is out and recovering..I hate even parting with her.She is in her comfort zone at home........

omg when my Twiggy went for surgery she went for 24 hours. And at that time i didn't have another cat. The apartment was so quiet and nobody came to purr in my face at 6 am in the morning....it was so depressing :sad:

RolandsMom
February 8th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Oh i know just how you feel! despite how bad we feel they do get over it pretty quickly! ( had my little boy neutered a month ago and cried all day!). sending big hugs and positive healing thoughts to both of you tomorrow!:grouphug:

Lukka'sma
February 12th, 2007, 01:13 PM
OK so it's about 1:15pm. my time, 8:15am. Monday Roxy time. I have to leave for work soon so update for me wont be until I return home from work tonight 11:30. Hope the little darlin' got spoiled rotten all weekend. Thought of her often over the last three days.

breeze
February 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
sooo how is your little Roxy this morning or afternoon any updates??

Kristin7
February 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM
I missed this earlier, and would have sent some good luck wishes, but could be this is already done. I hope it went well, and update when you get a chance! :fingerscr

heidiho
February 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I took friday off,well when i got her there she was terrified,we had to wait outside cause they werent open yet,and she was jsut curled up in the back off crate,i felt so bad,picked her up at 4:00 she was so so out of it,it was sad,she was so doped up,well she slept alot,at one point on friday she woke up and started acting bizarre,she would try and run around then stop and try and bite at stiches i would walk over to her and she wouldnt let me near her,then she would go to another part of our place and mess with stiches again,i swear i didnt think our roxy would be normal,but she is doing great now,i guess the drugs make them weird for the rest of the day after surgery.All her her was shaved off her belly,hope it grows back the way it looked befor,got some pictures will have up in a few days.Thanks for your thoughts.One stich did come out called vet said that is ok.

julielenore
February 12th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I am glad she went through all right.:)

Hunter's_owner
February 12th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Good to hear:thumbs up

Yeah they are usually a little off the first day, but back to normal in no time:rolleyes: :D

Golden Girls
February 12th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Wonderful to hear all went well. Now pictures please, that face is to die for :lovestruck:

heidiho
February 12th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I was so worried, she was just so out of it,i do have some more pics i am picking up today of her,will have up tomorrow,so happy your not sick of them,cause i love showing them....yeah she is 100 % back to being roxy,thank god

breeze
February 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
glad to hear that all is well :thumbs up

heidiho
February 12th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Oh yeah question,is it ok that she is playing and jumping on everything ??I dont know how you make a kitten not do all that,when i see her doing that i cringe because she just had surgery

Frenchy
February 12th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I don't remember for female cats but for dogs ; they are suppose to take it easy for 5 days. Glad it went ok ! And don't worry, the fur will grow back in no time.

heyjude11
February 14th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Glad to hear everything went well!

heidiho
February 14th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I can see how you can make a dog take it easy,but a kitten,forget about it,i have been trying it is just impossible,i keep checking her belly and everything looks good.I just hope her hair grows back with the cute blsck spots and all like it was before,got some pics of her shaved belly,will have next week..

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I'm glad she's doing well.:) :highfive:

heidiho
February 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM
thanks,she is back to being roxy,the day she came home i thought my god what happend to her,she was so high and acting bizarre,must of been some strong meds.

heidiho
February 14th, 2007, 02:24 PM
what exactly do they do when they spay??

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 02:31 PM
what exactly do they do when they spay??

they cut them open and ripp everything and close them up. :laughing: Prin might explain better than me :D

breeze
February 14th, 2007, 02:35 PM
they cut them open and ripp everything and close them up. :laughing: Prin might explain better than me :D

frenchy you are soooo bad that is a terrible thing to say

heidiho
February 14th, 2007, 02:38 PM
You are bad,your not self medicating r u anna.??:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 02:41 PM
You are bad,your not self medicating r u anna.??:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not yet but I have wine waiting for me. It's too early now ! But just wait a couple hours......:party:

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 02:41 PM
frenchy you are soooo bad that is a terrible thing to say

I was only joking Breeze :D

breeze
February 14th, 2007, 02:42 PM
The proper why to say it doesn't sound any better :rolleyes:

heidiho
February 14th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Lol!! Maybe i dont want to know what they did to my girls insides......:eek: :eek:

Golden Girls
February 15th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Never thought of it but I'd like to think they clipped two lil pink bows on the ovaries :o ya that's it :D

heidiho
February 15th, 2007, 07:44 PM
:laughing: :laughing: ok i will go with that also....

Frenchy
February 15th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Never thought of it but I'd like to think they clipped two lil pink bows on the ovaries :o ya that's it :D

much cuter than my version :evil:

heidiho
February 15th, 2007, 08:03 PM
yeah it sure is.....;)