- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Can you lose your taste buds?

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2007, 06:21 PM
So, for the past week or so, I can't taste anything. I feel fine. I'm not sick, I don't have a stuffy nose or head and my tummy is fine. No allergy flare up -- nothing. I just can't taste anything. I've even tried super spicy stuff and nothing. I tried ice cream and nothing but cold. Has this ever happened to anyone?

February 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM

maybe you should see a doctor

February 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM
My husband has polyps in his nose...they dont hurt him or anything (except when he has a cold!) and they cause him to not be able to taste or smell...when they shrink in size those senses come back to said their easy to remove but you will have 2 black eyes! hubby is a chicken! he ! he!

February 8th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I would for sure go to doctor my boyfriend had an accident and he lost sense of taste and smell ,but he had a head injury

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2007, 08:27 PM
jiorji you just scared the crap out of me.

Thanks Winston, I can deal with two black eyes because I know it would go away. :D By the way, how did they find the polyps and what exactly are they?

heidi, no head injuries here unless you can count Jesse head butting me. ;)

February 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Lol!!! I hate when i am sick and cannot taste that is a horrible feeling....Hope you get it figured out,i would be going loco!!

February 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Just stop smoking and it might come back. :D

Just kidding.. I hope you're ok...:grouphug:

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2007, 08:53 PM
It's just weird because I can smell fine, I just can't taste anything. I'm not a smoker. My tongue is not inflamed. Teeth are fine. Gums are fine. I just don't know. :confused:

February 8th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Is your food tasty? Does your man taste it?

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
He says everything tastes fine and it's just me.

February 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM
:grouphug: Do you have a family doctor?

February 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM
I would love to have your problem, imagine the weight I would loose!:) and if food had no taste I would eat all the good stuff that I hate, like liver and peas and fish!:D

Let us know what the doctor says.

February 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
now would be a good time to..hit the sushi can say you tryed it and it has no taste...:D think of the look on peoples faces you tell that too....then they try....:yuck:

February 8th, 2007, 10:31 PM
mmmmm sushi :cloud9:

seriously, that doesn't sound normal... do consult a doctor, even if your sense of taste comes back, this shouldn't happen... could be nothing, but could be something... :grouphug: