Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can you lose your taste buds?

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2007, 06:21 PM
So, for the past week or so, I can't taste anything. I feel fine. I'm not sick, I don't have a stuffy nose or head and my tummy is fine. No allergy flare up -- nothing. I just can't taste anything. I've even tried super spicy stuff and nothing. I tried ice cream and nothing but cold. Has this ever happened to anyone?

jiorji
February 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/loss_of_taste.htm

maybe you should see a doctor

Winston
February 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM
My husband has polyps in his nose...they dont hurt him or anything (except when he has a cold!) and they cause him to not be able to taste or smell...when they shrink in size those senses come back to him...doctor said their easy to remove but you will have 2 black eyes! hubby is a chicken! he ! he!

Cindy

heidiho
February 8th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I would for sure go to doctor my boyfriend had an accident and he lost sense of taste and smell ,but he had a head injury

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2007, 08:27 PM
jiorji you just scared the crap out of me.

Thanks Winston, I can deal with two black eyes because I know it would go away. :D By the way, how did they find the polyps and what exactly are they?

heidi, no head injuries here unless you can count Jesse head butting me. ;)

heidiho
February 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Lol!!! I hate when i am sick and cannot taste that is a horrible feeling....Hope you get it figured out,i would be going loco!!

Prin
February 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Just stop smoking and it might come back. :D

Just kidding.. I hope you're ok...:grouphug:

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2007, 08:53 PM
It's just weird because I can smell fine, I just can't taste anything. I'm not a smoker. My tongue is not inflamed. Teeth are fine. Gums are fine. I just don't know. :confused:

Prin
February 8th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Is your food tasty? Does your man taste it?

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
He says everything tastes fine and it's just me.

Prin
February 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM
:grouphug: Do you have a family doctor?

happycats
February 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM
I would love to have your problem, imagine the weight I would loose!:) and if food had no taste I would eat all the good stuff that I hate, like liver and peas and fish!:D

Let us know what the doctor says.

wdawson
February 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
now would be a good time to..hit the sushi bar...you can say you tryed it and it has no taste...:D think of the look on peoples faces you tell that too....then they try....:yuck:

technodoll
February 8th, 2007, 10:31 PM
mmmmm sushi :cloud9:

seriously, that doesn't sound normal... do consult a doctor, even if your sense of taste comes back, this shouldn't happen... could be nothing, but could be something... :grouphug: