Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Get Irritated

Lukka'sma
February 8th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I get steamed when someone walks by my house and if Lukka barks at them, said person starts barking back at her or just makes teasing sounds in general at her. It just ruffles my feathers. She is so loving to us and I think my feelings get hurt when I hear someone berate her. Maybe I am being too sensitive. This sounds so trivial as I write it, but I just see red everytime it happens

breeze
February 8th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I hear you when my dogs are out in the back they think it's cute to throught stuff like branches pine cones and even garbage at my dogs !! the tease them all the time i can't stand it as if my dogs did anything to them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Lukka'sma
February 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Thank goodness we have a very deep lot and Lukka's enclosure is at least four car lengths back from the front of our house. If I saw anyone throwing objects at Lukka I just might look like a madwoman at my front door yelling obscenities at these passers by.

breeze
February 8th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I do and everyone here thinks i AM crazy, why o why can people not teach kids and even adult to respect other peoples aminals and not be cruel.
( o, I forgot they are bord)

~michelle~
February 8th, 2007, 04:47 PM
that would piss me off (can i say that on here?) i live in an apartment so walkers by cant harass and a couple of kids had looked like they were going to do something to logan but they were too close to try, people bug me sooo much. picking on a animal when they are defensless

breeze
February 8th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I think we should tie up the people who are teasting the animals and have the animals teast them
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/diverse/pridat.gif

~michelle~
February 8th, 2007, 04:50 PM
i like your idea breeze

rainbow
February 8th, 2007, 06:13 PM
The people that live behind us have four kids that have teased my dogs by running up and down the fence, making noises at them and throwing sticks and stuff in the yard. I used to tell them to stop whenever I caught them but they still did it. Now that they're getting a bit older they don't do it as much (probably because they see me) but my dogs continue to bark at them and I have a heck of a time trying to get them to stop. :frustrated:

Mocha's mum
February 8th, 2007, 08:54 PM
It's got to be a bully/power thing. I get so angry (not just irritated, but Incredible Hulk angry) when people mistreat or tease animals. I feel really sheepish about this now, but when I was younger (I think I was 16), I once followed a kid from my school after he teased my dog. I copied every move he made, and repeated everything he said. I went so far as to throw small stones at him, because I knew I could run faster than him. I never saw him around my house after that, and come to think of it, he avoided me at school too. Maybe he thought I was crazy....:laughing: I certainly don't recommend doing that nowadays! Jeez.

Prin
February 8th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I used to threaten tormenters a little... "Don't be surprised at what happens to you when he gets fed up." :evil:

Maya
February 8th, 2007, 11:34 PM
When I was a kid I thought dogs barking on the other side of the fence was sort of comical and I would bark back sometimes, not in a teasing manner really, just sort of like hey you are a silly dog so I'm going to talk silly dog language back. I didn't have any knowledge of dogs at the time so perhaps it was out of ignorance. It can be quite frightening though if a dog barks really loud when you are not expecting it, so maybe some people feel justified in being cruel by teasing?

Golden Girls
February 9th, 2007, 07:51 AM
That used to pee me off too Lukka'sma. I lived right by an alimentary school and the kids used my back as a short cut. Some used to bring their stuffies for them (too cute) but other did some horrible teasing. I eventually began telling them if I get a ticket for the barking, it's YOUR mom that has to pay. ok so I'm a bully :evil: but it worked :D