Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vacumm?

matangers
February 8th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I hope I post it in the correct board. I wanted to know what's the good vaccum to buy? :shrug: My Euerka Altima was great for the first few months then it didn't pick up real good. I have it for a year. So, I borrow my friend's Rainbow vaccum (with water) and it was awesome. But the price is ouchie!!! Over $1,000 that I cannot afford. So, I had to return it to my friend back last month and my carpet was dirty and still is.

Any idea about vaccum with pet hairs? Under $1,000 will be OK.

Thanks!!
Angy

mafiaprincess
February 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Have you looked at the dyson for pet hair?

rainbow
February 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I have heard that the Dyson is good but don't have one. I have a crappy Kenmore. :yuck:

matangers
February 8th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Yes, I looked over Dyson. I went to Vaccum Store and the salesperson told me about Dyson and Simplicity (not sure how to spell?) So, the Dyson doesn't pick up real good but Simplicity is.. that's why I thought to ask here since we ALL have adorable 4 legs..

~michelle~
February 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
i too am on the hunt for a quality but affordable vaccum cleaner

Tommysmom
February 8th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I have a Hoover brand cannister upright... cost me about $250, picks up GREAT - my hair, puppy hair, puppy food bits since he likes to run around with his kibble, you name it. I've had it about 4 years now and just replaced the filter for the first time. I know, I know, should be more often but I didn't know you had to I always had bags before.

BMDLuver
February 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Berner folks swear by the dyson. You have to get the pet model. It will run around $600 but has a lifetime guarantee. It's on my wish list that's for sure.

Mocha's mum
February 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I've heard good things about the Dyson pet model. I personally have a Hoover Duros cannister vac, but my pooch doesn't really shed.....Just a few long hairs out of his tail periodically.

matangers
February 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Yes, Dyson Animal vaccum...

Here is the one I talked about earlier. The saleperson showed me Dyson vaccum and how it didn't pick it up real well but this simplicity vaccum is because it has strong brushes that can get hairs easily. :shrug:

http://www.simplicityvac.com/

Prin
February 8th, 2007, 08:49 PM
:o I had a Eureka and it caught fire...

Smiley14
February 8th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Huh, I've had my animal dyson (bright purple!) vaccum for over three years now and it's never failed me yet. I LOVE it! I have gone through so many brands of vacuums over the years and without fail, they would all get clogged full of fur and die within six months. My dyson is three years old and still going strong. No furry clogs in sight and it has always picked up both clingy cat fur balls and tiny prinkle hairs from my shorthair that are otherwise impossible to get off microsuede. The attachments work great on stairs, furniture, and curtains too. First hose that actually cleans without eating the curtain panel too! I also use it in my car quite a bit, works a lot better than those vacs at the gas stations do... I've used it on broken glass too.

So I don't know, I've had good experience with mine and will buy another one if/when this one dies. :thumbs up

Smiley14
February 8th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Yes, Dyson Animal vaccum...

Here is the one I talked about earlier. The saleperson showed me Dyson vaccum and how it didn't pick it up real well but this simplicity vaccum is because it has strong brushes that can get hairs easily. :shrug:

http://www.simplicityvac.com/

Not familiar with this brand. If you do try it, let us know how it goes!