Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LARGE dog crate to donate???

VanHull
February 6th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I'd like to start by saying THANK YOU to everyone who offered advice on what I should do with my dog situation. Pitgrrl; those links were SO helpful. Slowly, but surely, the dogs are settling in. Well, the rottie is really mellow :cloud9: , but the pit bull is still a wee bit high strung :eek: .

In following the advice I was given, I'm going to crate one or both dogs when I'm not home or unable to keep my eye on them while at home. I was wondering (hoping :fingerscr ) if there was anyone in the Montreal area who has a large dog crate that they could donate or sell to me for a low price :2cents: ? It would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks so much for your time!

pitgrrl
February 6th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Have you tried looking on craigs list?

jessi76
February 6th, 2007, 03:13 PM
or even ebay.

SnowDancer
February 6th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Sure wish you were in Toronto - I have one.

VanHull
February 6th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Hi PitGrrl! Funny you should mention craigslist...I've been checking it every 5 minutes for the last 3 days...lol!

SnowDancer!!! I have a friend coming in from Toronto this very weekend!!! How much would you like for the crate?

Jessi76! Thanks for the feedback!

jiorji
February 6th, 2007, 11:24 PM
kijiji.ca has dog crates too.

But nobody will give you one for free. They're $200+ for a large dog

VanHull
February 7th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks Jiorji!

angeldogs
February 7th, 2007, 03:39 AM
check canadian tire.here in ON the 30x32x48 is $109.00.

OntarioGreys
February 7th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Pet stores are the worst place to buy a crate, really overpriced and most I would not give 2 cents for the quality.

I am not sure what the one thru Canadian Tire is like I bought mine for a $100 through a farm supply store 30X36X48 what I liked about it was it had heavy gauge wire, and no bent over wires inside the crate that could become snagging points like I seen in pet store crates.

x.l.r.8
February 7th, 2007, 07:40 AM
If you have someone who can pick up then try www.supershopper.com it's the Ontario free add's paper.

VanHull
February 7th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks angeldogs, OntarioGreys and x.l.r.8. !!! I found an AMAZING farm supply store online http://www.qcsupply.com/CatalogOptions/12045.aspx This is why I love message boards like these! People are so helpful and I learn so much!

VanHull
February 7th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I thought the QC in QCSUPPLY stood for Quebec. I was wrong. It's in the States. The prices are still reasonable, though!

jiorji
February 7th, 2007, 08:32 AM
yeah but sometimes you can find a second hand cage on craigslist or kijiji for $50 which is way less than what you'd get in the stores.

good luck:thumbs up

Golden Girls
February 7th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I have a huge one I don't use, let me check where it is as I just moved. I'd be glad to give it to you if I can find it.

coppperbelle
February 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
www.petsupplyhouse.com
has crates of all models and sizes. Prices are reasonable and delivery is fast.

They sell a lot of other things also including grooming supplies.

Golden Girls
February 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Hi VanHull I searched everywhere, unfortunately it looks like we may have forgotten it in our old cabane. I'm very sorry, I would of gladly given to you but I will keep my eyes open :fingerscr

tarasmom
February 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
there is also the Freecycle forums on yahoo http://www.freecycle.org/groups/canada/
they have groups in cities all over the world(tons in canada) there's always lots of stuff there, I got a crate for my dog off the one in our city.
Hope this helps

pitgrrl
February 9th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Also, try post an ad on craigslist yourself. I found a crate that way a year or so ago, you never know what people have been meaning to get rid of for years and finally do it once they see an ad.