Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cats intercourse , she is not eating and more ::need help

seawinde
February 6th, 2007, 06:32 AM
hi all ,

i have a male cat (13 month) , 2 days ago my friend gave me his female cat

for intercourse , its the first time to pass that experience so i need some help ,

what should i do , she is hitting and attacking everyone that gets near her ,

and she didn't eat anything in the past 20 hours ,

i leave the cats together , they fight -but that isn't a problem -

but when i go to sleep i separate them from each other and leave some food for her ,

but she doesnt eat and that is the most thing disturbing for me ,

do you have any advice please ?

meb999
February 6th, 2007, 06:48 AM
some great advice : http://www.brightlion.com/InHope/InHope_en.aspx

Hunter's_owner
February 6th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah I think both cats should be spayed and neutered. There really is no need of letting them breed considering there are many many cats in need of homes right now without adding to the problem.

vfrohloff
February 6th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Most of us are pro spay/neuter here so you're probably not going to get much help, sorry. Why do you want to add to the already overloaded cat population, especially when you don't seem to have any experience breeding cats? You say the cats fight but that it isn't a problem, cat fights ARE a problem and can cause injury to one or both cats. The female cat probably isn't eating because a) she's in a strange place, and b)she's fighting with another cat who's trying to mate with her. Those 2 things are enough to stress any cat to the point of not eating. So, here's my advice: get the cats spayed and neutered :mad:

badger
February 6th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Forget this exerience you are wanting to be having and learn how to knit. Do you think this is also fun for the cats? No!

seawinde
February 6th, 2007, 09:57 AM
guys i just need an advice other than the "spayed and neutered"

the female cat didnt eat anything for 40 hours now , and i am worried ,

do you have any other alternatives , and can spaying for females can be made at home , without going to the vet and thanx all for your advice

Jennicat
February 6th, 2007, 10:04 AM
No, you cannot perform surgery on animals at home. You are going to need to see a vet. If your female is pregnant, you'll need to see a vet anyway, so that if there's a complication, the vet can help you through the pregnancy.

badger
February 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
No, you don't understand. No-one has helped you (so far) because they think what you are doing is WRONG.
Please take your cat to the vet. A cat that is not eating and attacking for no reason is sick. It sounds like you have seriously traumatized her with your 'breeding' adventure. This is a good time to get her spayed, so you may want to ask the vet about that. Spaying cannot be done 'at home'.

jiorji
February 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM
do you have any other alternatives , and can spaying for females can be made at home , without going to the vet and thanx all for your advice

OMG no!!!

do you realize this is open surgery??? involving cutting out ovaries?!?! lol
what are you thinking??

do your cat a favor and spay her and neuter your male. Giving birth is not a pleasant experience and you're not doing her any favors

meb999
February 6th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Take your cat to the vet. She is sick. You can do a home spay right after you've done your own hysterectomy or vasectomy on yourself...at home...seriously, what's your problem?

Pike
February 6th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Welcome to pets.ca! Unfortunately, you will have to see your vet immediately for information regarding treatments, surgery, medications and health repercussions of your pet's condition. Advice cannot be given via the internet, and in keeping with pets.ca rules, this thread will now be closed. Please open a new thread if you wish to post an update on your pet's condition, as determined by a licensed professional.