Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fundraising questions dog Montreal's SPCA

badger
February 6th, 2007, 01:30 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070205.whaspca0205/BNStory/National/home

coppperbelle
February 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I saw that on the news tonight. It looks like they are going to lose a lot of donations now that people are finding out where their money is actually going. It seems that people across Canada have been generously donating to the Montreal SPCA thinking it was benefiting their local one.

Prin
February 6th, 2007, 08:54 PM
The articles keep getting worse and worse... I'm still wondering who in the media Barnoti pissed off... :D

Golden Girls
February 7th, 2007, 06:59 AM
He's pissed off a alot of people but I doubt it has anything to do with the media - if one can bring enough evidence they will air it. Many have asked for his help and just trying to make a complaint against animal abuse is next to impossible so if it takes "other" provinces to expose his (and everyone involved :rolleyes: ) corupt methods maybe animals will have a chance here in Quebec. Hopefully this will force him to step down and allow someone else to do the job properly which is help the animals not spend millions in fundraising! Here's today's story and it's said an investigation will be aired later today on how the donations was spent. Video http://montreal.ctv.ca/cfcf/news/cfcf#news_10270

coppperbelle
February 7th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I just watched Barnoti on the news. He was being interviewed by Todd V. on CTV news. He sounds like a very angry man. :D He is paid over $120,000 a year to do what he is doing. On top of that his Nissan Murano is partially paid for by the SPCA. He took a "business" trip to Argentina a few years back paid for by the SPCA. My brother owns a Murano. They are not cheap cars. I wonder if he ever transports dog or cats in that car. Somehow I think NO.
Pierre, you got some splainin to do!!!!!!!!

Golden Girls
February 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM
O.M.G. I was actually embarrassed for him. I just kept saying omg omg I'll downloan the video as soon as the news is over.

On a side note, the SPCA was really clean :D

Prin
February 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM
They have the video for the seizure on there too. It's just all so sad. :sad:

tigger5
February 7th, 2007, 06:33 PM
videos ????...can someone post the links pls

tia

Prin
February 7th, 2007, 06:35 PM
See post #6.

tigger5
February 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM
post 6 does not have a link...but its ok ...found and got what i needed...thanx anyway

Prin
February 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
lol sorry! Post 4- Golden girl's post. You go there and then the videos are listed.

George61
February 12th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I saw the segment on CTV as well. I believe that everyone in the doggie world in Montreal is aware of Barnotti. I had heard about his trips in the past. We know many of the volunteers at the SPCA are great, caring people. The permanent staff at the SPCA is working just above the poverty line. I canít say they can drive to work in a Nissan Murano. Their staff is amazing and deserve to be compensated much more than Barnotti. He involves himself in issues that are controversial because he likes the Television and newspaper exposure, which increases donations. I was personally involved last year with the husky rescue last year in St Jean de Matha. We cared for 2 of the dogs at our kennel; we contacted the SPCA concerning supplying food. They never helped us; there is a woman there that is in charge of Husky rescue. She volunteers her time and has successfully placed most of the dogs in families. These are the people that deserve recognition and respect, not Pierre Barnotti. The CTV interview just showed that he is totally dishonest. I hope that the SPCA committee will verify the handling of finances by Pierre Barnotti.

Dogastrophe
February 12th, 2007, 02:02 PM
We had a friend over for supper the other night and she mentioned that she received a donation flyer from the "Canadian SPCA" and decided to send them some $$. It wasn't until after speaking with us that she realized that her money wasn't going to get redistributed to the NS SPCA. Like many people, she thought that Canadian meant it was a National not a local SPCA.

While she felt quite deceived, she did say that as long as her $$ went to help animals she could live with it ... this time. She is now planning to send any future donations to the local shelters.

tigger5
February 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I hope that the SPCA committee will verify the handling of finances by Pierre Barnotti.

doubt it...in all likelyhood, they put him there...

Their staff is amazing and deserve to be compensated

so true, but thanx to "Pierre" it is hard for ppl (myself included) to see past him.

Golden Girls
February 12th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Their web-site has been updated with this statement: http://www.spcamontreal.com/news.php?lg=en&id=13

tigger5
February 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM
golden girls ...sigghh.....maybe just me, but seems too many places where this can be disputed and not clearly stated as to what was what...oh well...lets just hope tha animals are taken care of....

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 05:30 PM
:sad: Just sad.