Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So Where are the Other 18,073 Members?

Byrd
February 4th, 2007, 06:50 PM
On the front page I noticed that it says that there are 18,093 members, but I've noticed that only about 20 or so of us that post on a regular basis. What's up with that? :shrug:

Frenchy
February 4th, 2007, 06:51 PM
On the front page I noticed that it says that there are 18,093 members, but I've noticed that only about 20 or so of us that post on a regular basis. What's up with that? :shrug:

Lots of people register to ask a question and they never come back. Prin scares them away :laughing:

~michelle~
February 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM
im here im here........ prin didnt scare me away

Frenchy
February 4th, 2007, 06:54 PM
im here im here........ prin didnt scare me away

It's only a mater of time :evil: Only kidding Prin ;)

technodoll
February 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM
yeah good question... where is everybody, LOL! i don't mind the "small fam'ly" though, imagine trying to keep track of 18000 people and their furkids? :eek: :clown:

Byrd
February 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Lots of people register to ask a question and they never come back. Prin scares them away :laughing:

:laughing:

Mocha's mum
February 4th, 2007, 08:58 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Poor Prin. I guess she hasn't read this yet.

I love this forum, and I kind of like how small it is. Like technodoll said, it would be hard to keep track of everyone.

Byrd
February 4th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I like how small it is too. It just shocked me when I saw that number. :eek:

meb999
February 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Where are all the other members? They're all out loooking for a breeding partner for their 6 month old poodle, or out searching for a perfect non-shedding-gentle-kind-with-strangers-guard-dog, or trying to figure out why their cat is pooping blood and vomiting mucus....

Prin
February 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
There are a lot of lurkers though too. People who just find us entertaining, but aren't too talkative. And then there are people who just sign up in case they need it later (my bro is one of those, although he did post once and nobody noticed :D).

I try not to scare too many away... I think I scare more regulars away than newbies.:D :o :footinmouth:

Prin
February 4th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Oh and I'm sure if we actually listed all the people who come here at least once a week, there'd be way more than 20. I'd say closer to 100 at least.

Byrd
February 4th, 2007, 09:20 PM
out searching for a perfect non-shedding-gentle-kind-with-strangers-guard-dog....

:laughing:

Prin: You're scaring me! :eek:

RolandsMom
February 4th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Well i guess some people just come here for answers. thats what i started out for but now im completely addicted. im away from home tuesday to thursday and my boyfriend teases me and asks me what im going to do for 3 days without my cat forum crack. (although hes addicted to other forums so he can hardly say anything...)

Prin
February 4th, 2007, 09:36 PM
my boyfriend teases me and asks me what im going to do for 3 days without my cat forum crack
lol that's funny because I call this place "my dog forum"... :D

technodoll
February 4th, 2007, 09:39 PM
did somebody say "crack"? he he he "plumber's butt" :D

jiorji
February 4th, 2007, 09:40 PM
They're out searching for a perfect non-shedding-gentle-kind-with-strangers-guard-dog,

...and good with coyotes yet aggressive to kep them off the property. :evil:

RolandsMom
February 4th, 2007, 09:46 PM
hehe technodoll. or 'coinslot' as we like to say...:D
Prin i guess if i had a dog it would be both. but im a cat lady (well hardly a lady, more like a cat woman) all the way! although i LOVE all the pics of all the animals. (and i love all animals)

Prin
February 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Me too. But when I say anything here, it's mostly about doggies and it really cuts back on the time I spend talking about dogs in real life too, so it's alll about doggies.:D

RolandsMom
February 4th, 2007, 09:53 PM
oh im terrible that way. i talk about Roland all the time. its like i have a baby. (well i guess he is my baby). I dont know how people come on here once or twice and leave it at that. its fun to brag...and theres priceless info on here! you guys are a regular bunch of encyclopedias!:thumbs up

technodoll
February 4th, 2007, 09:56 PM
or 'coinslot' as we like to say...

ohmygaaaawd! my new favorite expression! LMAO! :laughing:

but seriously. we're such a cool bunch, no matter how often a "regular" posts it's all good :)

Prin
February 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I love it when I have a thing that nobody around me knows the answer to and I post it here and within a few hours, it's all figured out (like with Jemma and her cold tail thing...)

papillonmama
February 4th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Sometimes I'm here, but just don't have anything clever enough to say, so I don't. Or someone with a better computer beats me to it. So, I'm here, but not always, but a lot.

Oh yeah the question, I was going to say, maybe some of them don't like it because we're so pro spay and neuter, or because they thought we were vets, but we're not, so we tell them to go and see one and they get mad.:shrug:

RolandsMom
February 4th, 2007, 10:08 PM
See you guys are indispensible (my spelling is terrible today!). if you didnt write and read so much you wouldnt know so much. great for us plebs out here who dont know nearly as much as we could!!

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2007, 10:13 PM
he he he I'll bet Prin is the only one with more posts logged than the number of members! :laughing:

Stacer
February 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I hear ya on the addictive qualities of this site. My husband is actually jealous of my obsession, not jealous of the time I spend, but of the fact that I have something online, that is "social" and occupies me. He wants to find something like this but has thus far been unsuccessful.

RolandsMom
February 4th, 2007, 11:18 PM
what does he like? i may have some ideas for you. my bf has a few! cars, computers and disc golf!

susieqt
February 5th, 2007, 10:57 AM
:) I'm here! I'm here!
I don't post alot but I'm here everyday!

breeze
February 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I'm here too does that count, even though i can't spell, or get confused,or has nothing to say?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Frenchy
February 5th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Sometimes I'm here, but just don't have anything clever enough to say,

That never stops me :D

mummummum
February 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM
:) I'm here! I'm here!
I don't post alot but I'm here everyday!

Well that's good to know Sus .. I know there have been times I prefer to read than write, times when I just want to touch base with people who love their animals because at that particular time I did not like mine very much and I need a reminder that it's "for better or worse, in sickness and in in health...". And that reminder, that despite all of the $#!@%&*%$ (you can interpret that however you need to and we all know that &^%%#@$%^%* might mean something different tomorrow) ... I love my gang, each and everyone of them.

pamha
February 6th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Most of you don`t know me, but I consider myself sort of regular cause I read at least some of the new posts most days. I just don`t post much, usually only when I have a question or might have experience with something someone else asks about. I do find ya`ll entertaining too :p

CinnaAngie
February 6th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I have to admit that I have spurts where I post a lot and then spurts where I don't even remember to turn on my computer. And sometimes I will check to see what was posted, but I don't often have anything to say.

And on several occasions I have thought about threads I could start, only to forget entirely what I was going to say by the time I get to a computer (and if this is what my memory is like at 25, I don't want to know what it is like in 10 years!!!)

And I think if we only reach 10% of the people who ask the breeding-related or the "really should be at the emergency vets right now" questions and change their opinion towards the value of their pets than that's 10% who wouldn't think differently if all of you wonderful people wern't here. of course that could just be really naive of me, but I have to think that some of what is said sinks in...

rainbow
February 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I don't post as much as I used to. :sad: And, I don't think I'll ever get caught up again. :sad:

chico2
February 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Beeing a 3-cat mama,but an all out animal-lover,I have learned tons here and I am very proud of myself when I can now name almost every breed of dog,if someone asks:thumbs up
I am also very impressed and proud of all the cat/dog rescuers on this Forum,the net-work that always seem to work together,to help poor stray or sick animals find a good home.They are amazing wonderful people,BMDlover,Badger,Toonces,Golden Girl,CPietra,Inverness,Catsnatcher,Kashtins Kin,Boxer Rescue,Lucky,I am sure I forgot a few,but you are ALL wonderful!!!

Prin
February 6th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Hmm... Frenchy, Poodletalk, Boubou, Susieqt, mesaana, Luba, canine14, coppperbelle.... There are just so many! :lovestruck: :highfive:

papillonmama
February 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM
That never stops me :D

:laughing: You so fuuunny Frenchy. lol

I didn't even notice this til today, O forgot I posted in here.:laughing:

brandynva
February 6th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I post here more than I should prolly. hehe I read a lot of the general forum and stuff, but dont' post there regularly. There are more educated people than I out there. I like the picture thread and the off topic stuff the best. I think that's where the social aspect of this board comes into play and you get to know people and their animals on a different level than say the emergency thread. Anyway, I love this place and I am addicted. I do call it my "dog forum" though even though I have different animals. <sorry otis> And I talk about my animals waaay too much at work. There is another lady with 3 dogs and she never mentions them unless I ask. :sad:

Prin
February 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I don't post as much as I used to. :sad: And, I don't think I'll ever get caught up again. :sad:

Me neither! There are like over 100 new posts a day. My days of keeping up are lonnnng gone!

chico2
February 7th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Thank's Prin,for adding more heroes,my memory falters at times:frustrated:I should also add you,since you fostered twice,with more to come;)

Golden Girls
February 7th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I too am very proud of alot of members here on this board alone who help animals every single day :highfive: I also just love reading posts from normal loving pet owners

Maya
February 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I don't post as much as I used to. And, I don't think I'll ever get caught up again. Hi rainbow I noticed that you don't post as much and just felt like telling you I noticed.:) It's interesting how some of the members leave such an impression. I've even had weird dreams almost as if I know some of the regulars.:p Like I saw technodoll at a nightclub once, very wierd. And I feel like I know Prin's Jemma because of some stories she's told about her. I also go through phases of more or less posting depending on how things are going in my life.

One thing that really bugs me is that sometimes I try to help a new member and i'll look up a bunch of information and be all concerned and then they never come back or don't even respond. I kind of live for those thank you that really helped or okay i'll look into that. It seems like a lot of people just come for a quick fix answer or to hear what they want to hear.:shrug:

Copper'sMom
February 9th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I'm here too! I rarely post much anymore - just pop in to check what's goin' on and that's about it! I don't have the luxury job that I had before where I could be on here all day long!! I actually have to work now - and no browsing computers in a factory! The rest of my time is spent catering to my babies and I just don't have the time like I used to!

I think about you all though!!!:grouphug:

Catzig
February 9th, 2007, 07:52 AM
There are a lot of lurkers though too. People who just find us entertaining, but aren't too talkative...

I'm one of those lurkers :shrug: who usually doesn't have much to say. I post once in a while, but I'm usually so busy reading and going off on or following tangents I lose track of the original post & thought. I have to admit I first signed up for the valuable information, but the entertainment factor took over almost right away.

Maxine
February 9th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I come on this forum every single day, in the morning with my coffee, and at night! I am addicted, even tho I rarely write anything, my brain is always learning something new! I love it! :goodvibes:

Thanks for making this forum a fun place to learn and share feelings!

Maxine
PS: Miss Miew is still with me, enjoying life with her "sisters from another mother" and her BFF Lex :laughing: No seriously, she is the sweetest, and I hope she will find her furever home soon, even tho it's gonna be very difficult for me:sad: