Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

scratching post

anjelle
February 4th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I just want to say how proud i am of my 4month old kitten, Aija.
She just came up to me and started using my leg as a scratching post.

I looked down at her and said, "No, I'm not a scratching post. You go over there." and pointed to her yoga mat. She went directly over there. Scratched for a minute or so. Came back to me, lie down on my lap and started to purr.

That makes me a happy mom.

:thumbs up

RolandsMom
February 4th, 2007, 09:42 AM
hehe. thats awesome. you should be proud! if i say that to my kitten (5 month old) he gets a funny look in his eye and climbs higher! what a sweet pic (your avatar). Aija is a very unusual name! how did she get it?

my[moo]
February 4th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Thats awesome :) What a good kitty!!

chico2
February 4th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Anjelle,what a sweetie,get her an ordinary card-board box or if they have it in Korea,a cardboard scratcher,my cats love it..

anjelle
February 6th, 2007, 08:07 AM
is that the scratching post in the picture?

i was actually able to get her a small scratching post, which she loves.
but i always sleep with the door closed so in the bedroom she has used my yoga mat since her first day here. it works great!

chico2
February 6th, 2007, 03:43 PM
anjelle,I have 2 cat-trees,but this is a cardboard scratching thing and they all use it
But if you are ok with her using your Yoga-mat,I am sure it's just as good:cat:

anjelle
February 23rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
I think it's great that she has found something that works for her!
It is less mess than a cardboard box (although, she does have one in the other room, teehee). So, she has been using my spare yoga mat for three months and you can hardly tell. So I think it's a great idea, perhaps, for people having scratching issues.

I originally had it out as a full on mat but now it is just folded up in the corner of my bedroom.

Getting her wasn't exacty planned so I didn't have anything preplanned for her to scratch.

SARAH
February 23rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Misti usually uses her scratching post, a cone shaped one with sizal, not the inclined with carpet. Sometimes she "forgets" and the couch gets a scratch, but all I have to do is remind her in a firm tone and she goes to her post. That poor post :) she'll come running across the room and slam into it, toppling it over :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: then still uses it to scratch on!

Dogastrophe
February 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Chico, can you replace the cardboard easily on that type of scratcher?