Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For Jiorji -- Pictures of the Hammies

brandynva
February 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Hey Jiorji, just for you! Ok the first couple are of Jacob's hammie Garfield. He loves that hamster. He has grown tremdously since we got him a few months ago. He is also an escape artist. Fortunately he doesn't venture too far and we catch him every time!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0389.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0386.jpg

This is Christy's new as of yet nameless guy. OH wait, she did name him! I forgot, it's BETTY! :laughing: I told her it was a hamster and it didn't care if it lived in a pink cage and was named Betty. lol It's our transgender hamster.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0390.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0391.jpg

brandynva
February 3rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
And last but not least, Otis checking out the new prey.

Otis in a deep voice, "Come out, come out where I can..." Me flipping the lights on... Otis going, "Oh shoot! My evil plans are thwarted again. I'll get you next time you little snack!"

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0382.jpg

erykah1310
February 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
:cloud9: so sweet... Hammies:cloud9:

jiorji
February 3rd, 2007, 09:49 PM
hammies :cloud9: they're so cute!

Why is it they're all escape artists??!?!
my teddy bear hamster would escape EVERY NIGHT!. This one time he didn't come back so we put food out for him cos we knew he explored the grounds at night, so he came and took the food and left back to his hiding spot lol. but luckily for us that wood shavings got stuck to his fur and he left a trail(lol silly hammie) and we found him sleeping in a corner.

I love Otis' expression :evil:

thanks for the pics brandynva:lovestruck:

ps. make sure you never put them in the same cage, even for a moment, because they can fight....hammie vs hammie, not hammie and Otis :laughing: :laughing:

brandynva
February 3rd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks ya'll!

Jiorji, I will make sure and tell the kids. I would never put them together, but THEY might think it's fun. I can hear it now, "Let's put the hamsters together so they can be FRIENDS!" .... a few minutes later.... "Uh, mom, the hamster is dead. I think they didn't want to be friends anymore." :eek:

Jacob's hamster escaped one night. I heard this awful commotion in the kitchen. I turned around to go check on it. It was Otis chasing Jacob's hamster into the living room. ha! The hamster ran into Roscoe's thankfully empty crate at the time. I was able to corner it and return it to safety. It hasn't ventured out of Jacob's room since. hehe

I love that your hammie left a trail of evidence. That's awesome! :thumbs up

jiorji
February 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Jacob's hamster escaped one night. I heard this awful commotion in the kitchen. I turned around to go check on it. It was Otis chasing Jacob's hamster into the living room. ha! The hamster ran into Roscoe's thankfully empty crate at the time. I was able to corner it and return it to safety. It hasn't ventured out of Jacob's room since. hehe

I love that your hammie left a trail of evidence. That's awesome! :thumbs up

OMG!!:eek: Imagine that tiny heart beating trying to escape the giant red fluff with claws hehe.Glad his adventure ended ok.

and yes...Timmy...his fur was so fluffy things would always get stuck and then eventually fall off. I don't think he intended to be found :rolleyes:

this is him :lovestruck: (i probably posted pics of him before, but he's a cutie:D )

brandynva
February 3rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Awww! I :love: his little nose and whiskers. He's sooo cute! I haven't seen pictures of him I don't think. I'm fairly new around these parts. What do you find the average life span of your hamsters to be?

jiorji
February 3rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
What do you find the average life span of your hamsters to be?

2 years usually :sad: mine passed in my hand the little sweetheart. I held him until the very last breath and well i hope your kids never get to see that...he literally had his last breath and then he went on to hammie heaven. :pawprint:

brandynva
February 3rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
2 years usually :sad: mine passed in my hand the little sweetheart. I held him until the very last breath and well i hope your kids never get to see that...he literally had his last breath and then he went on to hammie heaven. :pawprint:

Aww I'm sorry. When I was little, about 6 or so, I was holding my aunt's hamster. It was so cuddly. I was cuddling it and I thought it was asleep, but it had actually passed away. :sad: I was mortified thinking I had killed the poor thing, but apparently he was old in hamster years.

My son actually had one die on him. His very first hamster, named Stinky, got really sick. We think he came from the petstore sick because we only had him about 10 days. He was sad too.

jiorji
February 3rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
oh goodness...poor Jacob :sad: poor Stinky!!!:yell: (lol love the name)

i know it's not good to shield kids from death and such, but pet passings are so hard to handle. Heck I was 22 when my hammie died and bawled my eyes out:yell: :yell:

brandynva
February 3rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
oh goodness...poor Jacob :sad: poor Stinky!!!:yell: (lol love the name)

i know it's not good to shield kids from death and such, but pet passings are so hard to handle. Heck I was 22 when my hammie died and bawled my eyes out:yell: :yell:

Yes, Stinky was the most loved hamster in the world I think. hehe He was very tolerant of being handled. Jacob's first pet loss was his goldfish, the original Garfield. (it was orange) He cried and cried over that poor goldfish. He had a proper burial in the front yard and we said a few words over his grave. So, when he got this hamster he wanted to name it in memory of his lost goldfish. Poor guy!

jiorji
February 3rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
awww kids:cloud9: they're so innocent

when my first guinea died, i didn't want to see him. He was sick and my parents checked up on him in the morning and told me and took him away. And then they went to burry him in the park, but it was November and the ground was frozen and well...I never heard the end of it lol. And of course, family pet gets the best spot, you can't just toss him. And then hammie died and he got a nice spot too in some other park.:o

They hope that the current piggy decides to pass during summer :rolleyes:

Prin
February 3rd, 2007, 11:21 PM
Great pics! Very cute hammies.:)