Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think somebody just tried to scam me!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 3rd, 2007, 04:47 PM
I just got this phone call from some so called company that told me that they could lower my interest rate on any of my credit cards to 6 1/2% permantly. All I had to do was give them my all my current credit card info. I asked whose credit card they were referring to and who they were actually calling. They told me that they can lower any persons credit card to 6 1/2% - All I need to do is give them our credit card info.

I told them no and immediately hung up. I tried to *69 but the number was not available. Then I called my credit card company to tell them what happened. They said it is definately most likely a scam.

Just a warning if anyone else receives this phone call. :eek: Be careful.

jesse's mommy
February 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
I almost fell for one through my email about my bank telling me that someone was trying to log into my account. It was weird because everything about the email looked as if it was my bank -- all graphics and everything. I clicked to go to the website and was ready to put my info in when I happened to look up at the site address and they spelled America -- Amerika instead. :rolleyes:

Bearsmom
February 3rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Ah, they get more and more creative don't they? I got an e mail from my bank wanting to know my visa number, and the security number on the back (the 3 digits). My response was if they were my bank, they'd already know that, wouldn't they?

I feel bad for people who get scammed, we had our debit card cloned once to the tune of $18000. It still ticks me off!

coppperbelle
February 3rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
They sure do. Last week I received an e-mail from Paypal confirming my payment of $699.00 to Dell computers. Needless to say I had not purchased anything from Dell and if I had I wouldn't have used Paypal. Then when you scroll down there is a box that says if this is not your purchase, click here. It is very authentic looking and I am sure many peoples initial reaction is to click there. I didn't click although I came close but I did e-mail Paypal and they immediately replied and said it was a scam. They did recommend that if I had clicked there and/or replied to any questions or provided any information to contact my bank immediately.

Prin
February 4th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I got one of those Coppper! Last week too. I knew it wasn't true because my visa on paypal was sooo beyond expired that the number had changed too.:D I fwed it to paypal and they seemed glad to have it (it had quite a bit of traceable info on it).:highfive: