Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dry Land Mushing

H.P.
February 2nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Hi! I have been trying to catch up here, I have been side tracked this week. I went to a dry land mushing event last weekend, and I think that scootering will be right up Sydney's alley. I have been researching it all week. They are having a "race" next weekend (2-10) and I am going to take her, one of the mushers said he would hook her up with his team after the race to see how she does. She is young still (7 1/2 months) so she will not really be pulling any weight. I am so excited! This is a whole new world for me! (we don't get much snow here). Here is a link to an article about the "Serum Run" that was last weekend.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/102094

mummummum
February 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
No fair !! You didn't post any of your pix !! Tease !!!:rolleyes:

Prin
February 4th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I agree! We'll need pics! That's cool for your doggy though. I've heard that's the fastest and best way to teach a doggy sledding (to hook them up with experienced doggies).

Good luck! :)

brandynva
February 4th, 2007, 02:05 AM
That's interesting! I've never heard of that trail before. I do live near Roanoke where the paper that published that article is. How far is it from Roanoke? That would've been fun to take the kids to see, that's for sure! Especially since they are studying about sled dogs in school...

H.P.
February 4th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Ok, I promise get a digital camera before next weekend, and I will get pictures to share then (there were a few with the artical). Brandy, the trail runs from Abingdon, VA to Whitetop, NC. Abingdon is about 2 hours from Roanoke, straight down I-81, my mom lives in Blacksburg.