Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found -TerrierX Puppy - Toronto

mummummum
February 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Intact male puppy, Terrier cross, approx. 4 months old, buff color, with black markings, approx 8-10 lbs., no microchip, found in downtown Toronto. Please feel free to cross post this to other bulletin boards. Contact me for further details if this is your puppy or you have information about this dog.

thegrinch1973
February 2nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
was he wearing a red collar when you found him? see if he answers to dover

rainbow
February 2nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
The pics are similar although I don't think it is but that would be awesome if it was Dover. :fingerscr

thegrinch1973
February 2nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
k thanks for checking :(

mummummum
February 2nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
Sorry Grinch.:sad:

rainbow
February 2nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Hopefully, both situations will have a happy ending. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

mummummum
February 2nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
I can't agree with you more. This little guy was found tied to a newsletter stand in between two doors the first of which is motion sensored. He was caught up in the newspaper stand and the automatic doors were opening and closing on him repeatedly as he couldn't move. Who knows how long this little sweetie had to endure that (he's been to Vet and he's okay). So please, if you belong to other forums copy and paste my post or let nme know where else I can post (he's on THS, Animal Services,. Craigslist, Kijjijji, dogdetective.com, lostyourpet.net and I really not sure where else to go with him. I'm quite certain this is not a dog from my neighbourhood as I pretty much know everybody within a two mile radius.

papillonmama
February 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Maybe you could ask around in the stores that you found him near, maybe someone asked the clerks if they saw him. Poor little guy.

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
He's mine! He's mine!! :lovestruck:

Just kidding.:o

I hope he finds his family soon. :fingerscr

rainbow
February 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
What a sad story. :sad: If that was his owner that did it I hope he rots in you know where. :mad: Good luck MX3. :fingerscr :fingerscr

coppperbelle
February 3rd, 2007, 07:32 AM
He's a cutie. You can try listing him on www.petfinders.com

They have a spot for lost and found animals.

mummummum
February 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks coppperbelle !

mummummum
February 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Maybe you could ask around in the stores that you found him near, maybe someone asked the clerks if they saw him. Poor little guy.

It was actually an apartment building.

jiorji
February 3rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
maybe you can put up a flyer at the building you found him at :thumbs up

mummummum
February 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks jiorji ~ it's been done!

jiorji
February 3rd, 2007, 05:43 PM
great!
maybe someone in the building knows his owner, or maybe YOU're his new owner ;)

Frenchy
February 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
What a sad story. :sad: If that was his owner that did it I hope he rots in you know where. :mad: Good luck MX3. :fingerscr :fingerscr

I know it may not be the case but it sounds like this dog was abandon and it was probably by his owner.

badger
February 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
I'm inclined to agree, Frenchy, who would leave a small dog - or any dog - in such a situation? The owner probably doesn't want to be found, nor should s/he be, this doggie needs a more responsible guardian.

Frenchy
February 4th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I really not sure where else to go with him.

I would wait a couple of days (if you can keep him that long, he's with you right ?) but do call a rescue if you know one in your area to see if they can take him. He seems like a good little dog, they are easy to rehome in a good family...who wont leave him tied somewhere. pm me if you need help with finding one. (a rescue)

mummummum
February 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I know it may not be the case but it sounds like this dog was abandon and it was probably by his owner.

Regrettably I think you are right :sad: I was sooooo hoping for a catastrophe which would explain this lack of humanity.:sad: Happily, a gal-pal who is a great Mum to 2 dogs has agreed to take on this little guy !

papillonmama
February 5th, 2007, 06:48 PM
That's too bad mummummum. :sad: But it's great that your friend is interested in taking in the little guy.:thumbs up

rainbow
February 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
WaHoo...the cute little guy gets a great home. :highfive: Hugs to your friend. :grouphug:

SnowDancer
February 6th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I also suspect leaving the poor little pup was deliberate. Your friend is a wonderful person for taking the poor guy in. Looks to me as if the "terrier" part might be a bit of my favourite breed - Dachshund! (No offense to the piglet, Elmo the Eskimo - and yeah, cow works too!)