Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fun in the snow!

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
So i decided to take Roland out in the snow in the hope of making him less desperate to be outside....turns out snow is SO much fun! ermmm...not quite what i had hoped for! hehe

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
and one more...

erykah1310
February 2nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
I was just thinking of bringing Floyd out in the snow.... he wants out for some reason today, :rolleyes:
Great pics!!! :cloud9:

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 02:39 PM
Thank you. I was hoping it would be cold as an added deterrent, but no such luck (?? never thought of it being cold as lucky!!!) anyway i gave him one of his plastic springs and he seems entertained now for a bit till i put my shoes or coat on again...

chico2
February 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Oh,Oh,now he's used to going outdoors and he likes it..
My 3 cats know when it's time for us to take them out,luckily they do not like the cold or the snow and want back in after 10min:thumbs up
He's a beautiful kitty by the way,Roland is a very unusual name...many boys were named that when I was a kid growing up in Sweden.

erykah1310
February 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
:offtopic: Hey Chico...If Iwould have been born a boy, my dad insisted my name was to be Bjorn:eek: Thankfully I wasnt a boy:D
End thread-jack.:D

chico2
February 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Erykah,it would have been Björn in Swedish and I am glad your dad decided on Erika:D :offtopic:

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Bjorn? not so bad. ive heard worse! its a very strong name..
Roland was named after the Gunslinger (stephen king character). who is apparently quite bold and brave and more than a little mysterious...or so ive heard. Its all the boyfriends doing...and ive grown to love it. He knows when he going outside too cause we puck up his leash and hes there in aflash, but he also knows when he wants to go out and has no problem telling me all about it! ..and on a little :offtopic: of my own, how do you know if your cats going to be a big one? he seems to be growing so much!

Shamrock
February 2nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Wow, your little Roland is quite the snow explorer! Very nice pics.. what a cutie!:cloud9:

erykah1310
February 2nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
lol, i have no idea how to tell if your cats going to be a big cat... I thought Floyd was going to be big and he isnt... I thought Larry was going to be small , but he's Ginormous!
Im interested to know if theres a general way to tell too.

chico2
February 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
It's hard to tell,your Roland looks kind of fine-boned,but it does not mean he is not going to be big.
My Rockys paws are twice the size of Vinnies and Chicos,but still they are all 16 lbs +,except Rocky is down to 13lbs now,having just been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism,but is steadely gaining back weight.
Since Roland is a boy-kitty,he probably will grow quiet big,I LOVE big cats:lovestruck:(and wee ones and medium ones:D )

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Shamrock i love your avatar. who is that lovely cat? they are so cute those big balls of fluff! ive never had a long hair cat and i cant wait till i can one day!
Erykah, ive had big and small cats ( one was bigger than my maltese poodle!) but only one since kittenhood that i can remember and he was the runt and fairly small boned so he didnt get very big. i think Roland is already bigger than he was and hes only 5 months old!

erykah1310
February 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
I was floored at the vets when they weighed Mia for her spay.. she weighs a whopping 3.2 lbs:eek: I immediately asked if there was something wrong with her to be that tiny... they chuckled at me.. its apparently just the way she is.:shrug: I love big cats too, but the teeny tiny ones steal my heart too.:cloud9:

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 05:48 PM
my cat that was so big (mccavity)was the biggest baby of them all! eh would turn his tail on an adversary and come running when i called him (even mid fight, he was a tough boy too!) and his favorite thing to do was put a paw on each side of my neck and drool into my hair. i :lovestruck: love the big kitties too (and the little ones and the old ones and the ...oh i could go on forever) im a huge cat fan! i think i was a cat in a previous life!

Shamrock
February 2nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Shamrock i love your avatar. who is that lovely cat? they are so cute those big balls of fluff! ive never had a long hair cat and i cant wait till i can one day!

Thanks Rolands Mom:) The avatar is of Miranda, my female kitty.
I should post some recent pics of my crew. I have 3 cats, all long haired.

Like you I am a huge cat fan of all types. Their beautiful elegance and grace always captures me totally.:lovestruck: :cloud9:

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
lol. Roland has no elegance or grace. im a huge fan of their attitude. i think its great! they have delusions of grandeur that make crack me up!

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
oh and YES! post pics!!!!

my[moo]
February 2nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Roland is so pretty!! I wish my kitty would go out in the snow...love the pics! Thanks so much for sharing :):)

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
thank you! and youre welcome! i like to show him off! im terribly proud of my little boy!:lovestruck: