Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Whats with the honeysuckle?

RolandsMom
February 1st, 2007, 11:26 PM
So we have just about banned Roland (our 5 month old kitten) from catnip. (catcrack:eek: as we refer to it). it makes him a lot crazy. so to give him something along those lines i got him a stick of honeysuckle. soak it in water and he goes crazy for it. its like hes a whole other cat. it doesnt make him crazy like the catnip but he sure loves it! what is it that makes them go so nuts for this stuff? any ideas?

erykah1310
February 1st, 2007, 11:29 PM
I've seen honeysuckle at the pet store and wondered if it worked and what it was supposed to do... Guess you answered that for me... thanks!

RolandsMom
February 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM
yea it entertains him. not as long as the catnip but he loves it. if you get a stick soak it for (they say 20 minutes but i find 5 works just as well) and they LOVE it!

jiorji
February 1st, 2007, 11:34 PM
it has a sweet taste

rainbow
February 1st, 2007, 11:50 PM
I've never heard of this. :o I'm going to check to see if it's available here the next time I'm in town. :)

Spirit
February 2nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
I had a cat who would sometimes moan (she made numnumnumnum sounds) and "suckle" on the honeysuckle, and drool aaaaaall over it. Quite gross, but she loved it.

It was better than the catnip, which made her loopy (to say the least).

Skryker
February 2nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
lol-I'll have to look for honeysuckle. Catnip makes Dancer too weird. She gets all drooly and her eyes go perfectly round, and she gets twitchy. Maybe honeysuckle will calm her down instead.

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
yup, as i said catnip = crack for cats! i know they love it but how good is it for them if it makes them loopy and drooly and huge pupils!? the honeysuckle is tasty and calming. ahhhh. nice break from crazy kitten! (hes crazy without the nip!)