Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost

thegrinch1973
February 1st, 2007, 06:42 PM
:pray: This is Dover, he is a 2 year old, cream colored, male whoodle, (wheaton terrier and poodle cross) weighs about 8 lbs and he is lost. He went missing the morning of January 30, 2007 in the Maltby/Gordon (Guelph, Ontario) area. If you see him or know who might have PLEASE call 519-829-5464 day or night and ask for Carolanne. He is missed terribly by all. He may be wearing a thin red collar.

bullidog
February 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
This is Dover, he is a 2 year old, cream colored, male whoodle, weighs about 8 lbs and he is lost. He went missing the morning of January 30, 2007 in the Maltby/Gordon (Guelph, Ontario) area. If you see him or know who might have PLEASE call 519-829-5464 day or night and ask for Carolanne. He is missed terribly by all. He may be wearing a thin red collar.
Hi.... hope you find your boy soon. Have you contacted the Guelph SPCA and the vets offices to see if anyone has turned him in... dont forget the small animal clinic at the OVC... I have never heard of a whoodle..... I figure poodle... what is the other part?
Prayers to finding Dover soon:pray:
bullidog

rainbow
February 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
I've never heard of one either but I was thinking poodle/wheaton terrier cross. :shrug:

Fingers crossed for Dover's safe return. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

thegrinch1973
February 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Dover is half toy poodle and half soft coated wheaton terrier and yes I have called the Guelph humane society we are now on a first name basis :) But thanks for the advice.. I have also called the animal services to see if :( he was picked up off the road... but nothing yet. thank god... He's never taken off so I'm thinking (hoping praying) someone might have picked him up and is waiting for notices and posters to go up. I must have put up over 40 posters today.. I just hope someone finds him and returns him to me.. he's my little dover dog and I've had him literally since birth.

CyberKitten
February 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
Have you checked this site? There are some great ideas here on what to do when you loose your pet - better enumerated than I could (I'd never recall them all in such detail):

http://www.pet-detective.com/

Good luck - he's pretty unique (I had never heard of this mixture before) so hopefully, you will be able to find him. Pet detectives tell you to print as many fliers and get them out there in vet's offices, contact shelters and other services for animals,.

Be very specific in your ad and fliers: ie Be specific: "LOST: (DOVER) a Whooten (description), SPAYED male; how many#,how lost, when (Location where lost) near in Guelph,Ont around Wearing a ____ collar with rabies tag and license. List if he is on meds. Family pet. REWARD. Call (000) 000-0000

Extend your search after two days have gone by. Go a little farther by vehicle and start spreading the word to your local postal people, the UPS and Purolator drivers, joggers, runners, bikers and anyone else walking around the area you are searching in.

Does he have a microchip? Check the web sites for that? While whootens - as one of the new designer dogs are not breeds per se, if you bought him from someone, did they microchip the dog? Did you?

Send his picture and info to WVERY vet office, groomer, pet service in your area. You can have someone do that while you continue to search.

Good luck!!!! I hope you get your baby back!!!

rainbow
February 15th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Any news on Dover? :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

Golden Girls
February 15th, 2007, 06:02 PM
:fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

thegrinch1973
February 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Nope :sad: No news, I don't think he's coming back, but I won't give up looking for him.

rainbow
February 15th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Don't ever give up....miracles do happen. :grouphug: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

bullidog
February 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Have you had any luck finding Dover???
You may want to send out flyers through Veterinary Purchasing which is located in St Mary's ontario. You can google it. I shipped over 800 flyers to be sent out to all the small animal vets in Ontario as they place orders with this company... so if and when Daisy needs to go to the vet.....they will know she is stolen. Just a suggestion.
I continue to keep you and Dover in my :pray:
Thinking of you.
Kim

Winston
February 18th, 2007, 07:36 AM
There is a similar looking doggie at the Hamilton SPCA.....He is named Monty..

http://www.hamiltonspca.com/adopt/default.asp

thegrinch1973
February 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
thanks for the info and link will be checking it out first thinkg tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.:fingerscr :pray:

thegrinch1973
February 20th, 2007, 07:38 PM
There is a similar looking doggie at the Hamilton SPCA.....He is named Monty..

http://www.hamiltonspca.com/adopt/default.asp
I think it really might be him.. I'm going tomorrow to check, will let everyone know how it turns out.. thank you thank you thank you.. .it's going to be a long sleepless night.. i just pray i'm not too late and that they haven't adopted him out already..
:pray: :pray: :pray:

rainbow
February 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Did you phone them to ask? Fingers crossed that he is there. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

Winston
February 21st, 2007, 04:41 AM
I am keeping my finders crossed! I just could not be sure from the pic!!

Let us all know!

Cindy
:candle:

Winston
February 21st, 2007, 08:48 AM
I npticed that this puppy's picture is not posted on the web site any more!! Could this really have been Dover?? Hoping to hear soon!

Cindy

thegrinch1973
February 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
:sad: That wasn't Dover, it was a puppy(dog) that had been rescued and adopted out over 2 years ago and was being used as advertising for the SPCA. I also checked out 'Monty' and he was a 'return' from a previous adoption. Turns out he had been adopted out over 7 months ago and recently bit someone so the lady who adopted him returned him to the shelter. Thanks for trying..

Winston
February 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
I'm soo sorry ! I really was hoping it was him! Dont give up! We are all sending good vibes your way!

Cindy

thegrinch1973
February 21st, 2007, 04:40 PM
:sad: It's alright, I convinced myself it was him too, although my sweetheart didn't think so but didn't know what to say.. I'll keep looking.
to the person who told me about the guelph humane society, they didn't have a dog that matched my dover dawg either and they now have an up to date photo and contact number. I've since had to move and it kills me to think he might have tried to go back to the house and found me gone.:sad: My sister is still there but...

Winston
February 21st, 2007, 04:50 PM
You could try to post Monty on this site?

http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/ontario.html

Cindy

thegrinch1973
February 21st, 2007, 04:59 PM
:sad: thanks, posted my ad there.. hopefully someone finds him and brings him home. I'm worried sick about him.. :sad:

rainbow
February 21st, 2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry it wasn't Dover. :grouphug: Hopefully, you'll find him soon. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: