Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Petition AGAINST Border Collies in CKC conformation

Jazz&Cricket
February 1st, 2007, 01:43 PM
I am a Border Collie owner. I am a member of the Canadian Border Collie Association. I am a member of CKC. I AM VOTING AGAINST THE BORDER COLLIE IN THE CKC MISCELLANEOUS CLASS.
The reason people 'love' Border collies in agility, etc, is because of their incredible work ethic, athleticism, etc.
Breeding Border collies for anything but working ability will eventually destroy the VERY TRAITS people want in their 'athletic' dog.

The CKC did allow Border Collies to compete in events EXCEPT for conformation. Those rules were changed by the CKC.

I urge anyone who feels that the integrity of the breed will be lost if allowed to be BRED FOR LOOKS ALONE, to sign the petition.

Thank you

erykah1310
February 1st, 2007, 01:54 PM
Why would they be in the misc. class??? :confused: :shrug: :confused:
they are herders... what could the logic be behind putting them in misc?

Jazz&Cricket
February 1st, 2007, 02:44 PM
I'm not as up to date on CKC's policies (must read the bylaws tonight) however, the point of the petition is to keep the Border Collie out of CKC altogether. Border Collies should be bred ONLY for proven working ability, not for a 'standard' look. THERE is no standard look. If you check this site,

http://www.bordercollie.org

you can view the photo gallery where you will see a WIDE variety of Border Collies.

Crimson
February 6th, 2007, 07:45 PM
This thread has run it's course and will now be closed.