Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Leduc Alberta

divadually
January 31st, 2007, 09:05 PM
Wandered onto the property and hasn't left, She is a brindle collie looking young dog. Very shy, Hard to approach. She is about Border Collie size, but Brindle. like a tiger. She is not a barker and has not left in over a week. I am feeding her and have coaxed her into the house. She seems healthy, however is in season. It is very cold here again and she can't survive in the elements. I have been given a week by ny husband to find her owners or find her a home. We are in the heart of farming country and if She is left to wonder someone will shoot her or she will become coyote supper. If anyone has heard of a dog matching this desciption missing please contact me.
divadually@yahoo.com

coppperbelle
February 1st, 2007, 05:50 AM
She could be an Australian cattle dog. Someone may have abandoned her near your farm and she is scared. Many dogs are dumped at farms because people think farmers need all those extra dogs.
Since she is in season she is really vulnerable, please don't just dump her. Can you contact a rescue group or shelter? Maybe they could take her off your hands.
Do you have a picture of her?

Rick C
February 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM
Wandered onto the property and hasn't left, She is a brindle collie looking young dog. Very shy, Hard to approach. She is about Border Collie size, but Brindle. like a tiger. She is not a barker and has not left in over a week. I am feeding her and have coaxed her into the house. She seems healthy, however is in season. It is very cold here again and she can't survive in the elements. I have been given a week by ny husband to find her owners or find her a home. We are in the heart of farming country and if She is left to wonder someone will shoot her or she will become coyote supper. If anyone has heard of a dog matching this desciption missing please contact me.
divadually@yahoo.com

Check your local mailboxes for posters looking for a lost dog.

OR put up photo-copied posters on the mailboxes within a three or four mile circumfrance of your farm. . . . .

I had three Golden's, including two puppies, wash up at my place a few years ago and within three hours of my poster campaign on mailboxes had a call from someone who knew who they belonged to . . . . it wasn't even the owner who called.

The dog was probably chasing something and got lost and couldn't find its way back.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

rainbow
February 1st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Also, newspapers print "found ads" for free. Good luck. :fingerscr