Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Erykah,what about Fuzz??

chico2
January 31st, 2007, 04:18 PM
When you first told us Fuzz was missing,you seemed very concerned,but we have not heard anything since about Fuzz:sad:
I am assuming she's still not back home..I know you've had a crappy week,but are you not still trying to find her??

I don't want anyone to take this wrong,but is it not often the case,if you have both cats and dogs,the cats often have to take a back-seat to the dogs,often less important than the dogs in the family???
Please correct me if I am wrong,but from knowing people with cats and dogs,the cats lives seem much less important:sad:

Winston
January 31st, 2007, 04:24 PM
I was wondering about Fuzz too! :fingerscr

I did not take offence to what you said but I would like to correct you! I love my 2 cats just as much as my dog....I spend time with each of them...the only difference is the dog gets his walks...my cats are indoor cats...When I got my dog I said if it didnt work between them he would have to be the one to leave not them..they came first!! (not that I would get rid of them anyway!!) but it worked out great!! I love them all the same and would be heartbroken if anything happened too any one of them!

Cindy

wdawson
January 31st, 2007, 05:16 PM
chico2

your statement that people with cats and dog,put cats on the backburner and dog in the forefront...is kind of unfair...i know eryka is very concernd about fuzz,but maybe she has other worries also?,i think the regulars here care for ALL the pets the own\foster or even babysit.it may seem that we multiple pet owners (cat and dog)seem to favour our dogs,but thats not the case,dogs seem to need more social conctact,for one they need to go out for walks,bathroom,cats seem more self reliant,as long as there is food,water and a litter box they could survive a couple days without human contact,a dog can't......my cats love attention and they get it,but when i get home at night it's the dogs at the door,the cats come when they are ready.....jmo

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 05:52 PM
but when i get home at night it's the dogs at the door,the cats come when they are ready.....jmo

really?? my cats always come to the door when I get home :D it's cute.

but well chico means well i'm sure and erykah has had a lot of things on her plate too this week, so not picking sides but well it's my understanding that cats always find their way home and they always return, so if it was me, well i'd think worst case scenario and maybe Erykah has had that thought cross her mind too....it's difficult when someone you love leaves and don't come back:sad:

i just hope Fuzz returns or maybe as an alternative to "worst case scenario" Fuzz chose a new family to live with. :pawprint:

wdawson
January 31st, 2007, 06:01 PM
but jiorji
you don't have a dog....so you don't really know......i'm not sure about cats leaving and coming back.....mine stay in:rolleyes:

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 06:07 PM
i don't have cats (hubby deathly allergic) but if i did, they would be on the same par as my dogs. chico i'm not sure where that comment came from? :confused: not typical of you :o i had a tiny tiny fishy for 3 years that passed away last summer, i cried for that dang thing! i cared and loved it... a half-inch long little fishy. so imagine a cat! :cat: :dog:

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 06:13 PM
but jiorji
you don't have a dog....so you don't really know......

cheap shot:rolleyes: I'll get a dog just to prove that statement false ;)

in Chico's defense....SOMETIMES, i get the feeling ppl with cats AND dogs tent to overlook the cats more. BUt the explanation is that cats are more indepedent, they don't need that much attention(like training and exercise). So maybe that's why it seems that way. But they're equally loved....even though cat and dog owners on this board post more pictures of their dogs than their cats:frustrated: hehe i'm just teasing

:rip: TD's half inch fish.

happycats
January 31st, 2007, 06:15 PM
I think because Chico and I have seen many examples of it on this forum. (where pepole put their dogs before their cats)
I guess because we only own cats, we notice it.

I have seen ..."my dog has killed cats. and I have cats..what should i do" and when someone suggested she get rid of the dog, it seemed many disagreed and felt she should get rid of the cats. That's just one example.....there are many.

phoenix
January 31st, 2007, 06:17 PM
I agree with Jiorji. I don't have cats either (DH is allergic too)... but as a kid we had them. The dogs were way more care and work, and they were around us a lot more, so we paid more attention to them. We still loved the cats, but they seemed like they could 'take us or leave us' to some extent (ie. they'd survive fine without us as long as the food bag had a tear in it). whereas we knew the dogs couldn't live without us and i guess that there is something powerful in that.

If I had a dog out loose I'd be a lot more worried than having a cat out there... I guess I would assume that the cat would be able to come home and care for itself in the mean time (except of course we lived in the country, so there were less dangers to worry about- cars and mean people, etc).

wdawson
January 31st, 2007, 06:22 PM
but not from regulars who own both.....only post like that are from uneducated and irresponsible owners.

Kristin7
January 31st, 2007, 07:40 PM
I have been wondering about Fuzz also. Hopefully Fuzz is ok somewhere! :fingerscr

About the cats and dogs, my observations are that some people do put the dogs first and some downright hate cats. Not sure if many truely hate dogs. They are more work than cats, and some people just like them more. I suppose I am more of a cat person but really do love them all. My animals all come running when I come home. They don't wait for me to open the door (2 cats, 1 dog). When I walk into the backyard from the garage, I am almost guaranteed to see my Annie cat alert on the cat hammock, white chest patch clearly visible. She must hear the garage door. She is doglike but still a cat. Lots of cats are like this, but unless they are yours it is probably not apparent. She's my 'favorite' (shhhhh!), and I do have a dog. Cats tend to give what they get. They aren't as forgiving as dogs and some can take or leave you. I personally appreciate that and am honored to have any cat want to share its life with me.

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 07:52 PM
That is why i love cats to.In the movie Meet the fockers,deniro said.'DOGS ARE SELL OUTS ,CATS MAKE YOU WORK FOR THIER AFFECTION" I think that is so funny.......

Puppyluv
January 31st, 2007, 08:40 PM
I can see where Chico is coming from. If I got a cat, I would care for it and love it just as much as I do for Layla, but there would be at least 4 hours everyday that I would be spending with Layla and the cat would have no part of. There are many members (regulars included) on this board who have both cats and dogs, but I had no idea about their cats because they rarely post about them, despite having posted hundreds of times. How many members out there have both cats and dogs but have their dogs as their avatars? I can think of a couple even in this thread. Looking at 3 random members (all regulars) who have both cats and dogs, I looked at their last 10 on-topic threads that they started, to see pet distribution. In all three members, dogs dominate despite the fact that they all own cats as well. I just think that Chico's feelings about people putting their cats on the backburner is accurate. Yes, you love them just as much as you love your dogs, but you don't spend as much time with them (there's just no way, if you're exercising your dogs as much as you should) and you sure don't talk about them as much as you do your dogs.

Person A: 6 threads devoted to their dogs, 2 threads devoted to their cats , 2 threads devoted to their/other pets in general
Person B: 8 threads devoted to their dogs, 1 thread devoted to their cats , 1 thread devoted to their/other pets in general
Person C: 7 threads devoted to their dogs, No threads devoted to their cats , 3 threads devoted to their/other pets in general

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 08:42 PM
puppyluv... you go, girl! :D (study mood?) LOL! :p

Frenchy
January 31st, 2007, 08:48 PM
BUt the explanation is that cats are more indepedent, they don't need that much attention(like training and exercise). So maybe that's why it seems that way. But they're equally loved....

That's how it is at my house. I do make time for Monsieur le chat, and he does rule the house. I hope Fuzz will come back soon ! :fingerscr

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 08:51 PM
yeah that's true Puppy

sometimes i'm really shocked in a way to realize some dog ppl own cats too. Because the cat is NEVER ever brought up, meanwhile the dog did this and dog did that and dog's not happy but still cat...somewhere under the couch :D

~michelle~
January 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM
hopefully fuzz is ok....
i have cats and dogs, and well i must admit maggie doesnt really fit in with the whole family i love her, but moe (my super duper orange kitty) is my best friend although he can wonder off and be by himself for sometime he still sleeps with me everynight at my feet beside braxton. the dogs do get more attention but they require it but moe still gets a chin rub everytime i come home and he sits by the door and waits for it.
i think the reason there are fewer post with cats is because with dogs there's more training, socialization, and other issues where as cats usually dont require as much effort in those areas. Moe is perfect (besides his smelly poops) so i dont need to ask as many questions about him.:cat: and there arent as many pics as the kitties posted because they never leave my house so they would seem the same :shrug: plus moe hates the flash on the camera and gets mad when i take his photo (he knows there is no way to capture his true beauty through a measly camera)

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 09:08 PM
I think it also has to do with where the cats come from. I don't know where Fuzz came from, but if she was a feral, I'd be less worried about her than if a dog of mine got out. Cats just aren't as helpless as dogs are. :shrug: Or at least, for a dog owner like me, they don't seem to be.

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Oh and Erykah is having a mess of a time with everything now. With Puppy having very bad days and the vet on standby for the "big day" :sad:, with Meik injured, and with herself out of work still, it's not easy.

~michelle~
January 31st, 2007, 09:14 PM
moe has lived a pampered life, i think he would be helpless if he got out. my old roommates used to accidentally leave the door open when they left and moe would get put walk around the house crying trying to find me.
and maggie was near death when i found her so she didnt do so well in the wilderness, but if fuzz was a feral to begin with shes prob doing fine.

wdawson
January 31st, 2007, 09:22 PM
here is an example...of the kitty vs dog neglect.

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Or at least, for a dog owner like me, they don't seem to be.
but you don't know. You've never owned a cat.

In countries that have stray animals, there's actually more stray dogs than cats because they're better at getting themselves food.

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 09:25 PM
here is an example...of the kitty vs dog neglect.
hehe so cute :cloud9:
so when was the last time you gave Ozzie or Tigger or Felix a hug??

wdawson
January 31st, 2007, 09:31 PM
today.....i hunt them down......felix and beathoven's pic was taken 20 mins ago.....the cats come when they want attention........i get them when i want attention:D

TeriM
February 1st, 2007, 12:22 AM
I have two cats and two dogs and love all of them totally. I do admit to talking about the dogs more here but I think that is mainly because the dogs are the ones with issues. Also, you are right in that this board tends to be more dog oriented than cats so it's also a go-with-the-flow kinda thing. My cats always greet me when I come home and have even managed to forgive me for bringing home another dog :rolleyes:. The cats are way harder to get pics of (not very cooperative) and they are inside cats so the pics aren't usually that exciting. I'm sure Erykah truly loves Fuzz and would give anything to bring her home.

Dracko
February 1st, 2007, 01:20 AM
I am a cat and dog owner. 3 cats and 1 dog. I love them ALL. I was always a cat person and didn't understand dogs at all. Once I got Dracko (bf got him, left after 6 months and was going to "give the dog away" :eek: ) I learned a lot about dogs and understood why people are so bonded to them. Dracko is now 6.

All my animals get along and I couldn't imagine life w/o any of them. :cat: :dog:

Oh, and that is one of my cats in my avatar...not my dog. (Don't tell Dracko, though.)

Hunter's_owner
February 1st, 2007, 06:25 AM
Wayne I love that picture:cloud9: Too cute:D

chico2
February 1st, 2007, 06:51 AM
I was concerned some of you would take this the wrong way,my post was NOT directed at Erykah,it was a general observation I've made in this Forum and with people I know.

The belief that cats are"independant"is a myth,one that to me is a sad excuse for not giving a cat the attention he/she needs.
A cat if mostly ignored and left to his own devices,will not show how smart he really is,how affectionate and sweet.
A dog tied up outside could also be called independant,in that he gets no human affection or training,that he so badly needs.:sad:
I don't want anyone to take sides,cat-people to dog-people,I feel we should be animal-loving people,I for one love them all,but for us cats are the pets we choose,I "borrow"the neighbors dog Bailey:D
As for greetings at the door,all 3 of my cats greet us when we come home,eagerly checking out if we brought them something.:D
I agree,dogs seem to have more complicated health-issues and food-issues,but cats are more likely to be euthanized if there is a problem:sad:
I am NOT saying anyone here feels a cat is not worthy of vet-care,it's only a general observation.

Wayne,that pic is just dripping of love:lovestruck:

cpietra16
February 1st, 2007, 07:08 AM
I hope Fuzz is OK:fingerscr :pray:

I do agree with Chico, however....

I am the odd man out, I have 5 cats and 1 dog. I definately talk about my cats more because the dog is actually my husband's. I married a total dog lover and he married a total cat person...:lovestruck:

I think people in general who have dogs are way more vocal/ social in society:D because Dogs are more dependent ( more hands on) on their owners and need more care. A dog need to be let out for poo breaks, bring you toys so you can throw for them, need more room to play, have doggy parks and probably can not survive very well on their own....

People who own cats are less vocal in society:D because Cats are very independent (less hands on) and can go to the bathroom without letting us know, can play without letting us know, can sleep all day without letting us know. Are more likely to survive in the wild without our help or a pack to keep them going.

OK, its not really a theory, but it is my expereince since I have both cats and dog

OK, except for my case, but I'm more vocal with my cats because my husband hates these chat groups, so he would never talk about his dog...

OK, never mind I need more coffee and I'm hoping for Fuzz's safe return:fingerscr

Rottielover
February 1st, 2007, 07:23 AM
I have both. actually a cat who thinks he is a dog. I have 2 very needy animals, but yes you hear about harley more because he is the one with issues, Medical and mental. LOL.
I love tigger just as much, and if and when the time does come, he will be getting the same amount of vet care as the dog.
So now that I have a digital camera, I will be taking more pics of both my animals.
I hope fuzz is ok

chico2
February 1st, 2007, 07:28 AM
and Rottielover,we all love Harley and hope his troubles are over:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2007, 07:59 AM
I think people tend to post more about the pets that are having problems at the time. :shrug: I've never had a cat, but when I've taken care of them for others, they seem to be less in-your-face than dogs. Dogs are always asking for attention, always getting into trouble, always in need of direction--the cats I've cared for have always been willing to warm my lap :cloud9: , but don't demand the constant attention dogs (at least younger dogs) do. I like cats and wouldn't mind having one--but not with 6 dogs running around :eek: (poor cat!) I've known a heck of a lot more neurotic dogs than neurotic cats in my life--and if there's not a problem, a lot of people don't start a thread about their pets, cat or dog or gerbil or fish or whatever... And different people will post differently--some post once then don't post again for ages until something else happens and the situation is updated. Some give daily updates. Some give periodic updates... To me, that seems to be a function of the poster's personality, not how much they love their pets. :shrug:

Erykah posted a thread about Fuzz...and hasn't followed up recently. But she also posted a thread about Puppy the day he had troubles, and didn't follow up. Then about Meik and hasn't started another one. Why? Because that's what Erykah seems to do. It's not that she doesn't care or loses interest--if you ask her, which someone did in another thread, she'll tell you she hasn't given up hope and is still looking for Fuzz :fingerscr --it's just that she typically posts a problem and then copes with it on her own without talking about it on the board. I don't think that it's because she doesn't value her cats as much as her dogs--remember, she did single threads on her dogs, too; I think it's just how Erykah does it.

And right now, Erykah has a lot of coping to do. People cope differently. :grouphug: (And I'm sure she's still hoping to find Fuzz :goodvibes: )

chico2
February 1st, 2007, 08:23 AM
I am well aware of all the trouble Erykahs has at the moment,a crappy week,as she said herself:sad:
My post was not directed at Erykah,as I have pointed out several times,I am sure she does not need anyone picking on her at the moment.
However, I have to admit,not hearing any news about Fuzz,good or bad,got me started with peoples relationship to cats in general,versus dogs.

hazelrunpack
February 1st, 2007, 08:34 AM
I am well aware of all the trouble Erykahs has at the moment,a crappy week,as she said herself:sad:
My post was not directed at Erykah,as I have pointed out several times,I am sure she does not need anyone picking on her at the moment.
However, I have to admit,not hearing any news about Fuzz,good or bad,got me started with peoples relationship to cats in general,versus dogs.

Ya, I know, chico... :grouphug: I wasn't implying that you were getting on her case--just that different people react differently...and sometimes that can give a misleading impression. And because Erykah was mentioned I just thought I'd point it out...

papillonmama
February 1st, 2007, 08:46 AM
I take turns with my avatar, and I contribute more about the dogs because I studied more about dog behaviour, I know lots about cats too I just don't know as much and don't feel like I can contribute enough usable information. I talk about my cats and the dogs. I also have a picture of one of my cats on my profile, and would have more, but there's only room for one. :shrug:

Hope Fuzz returns soon Erykah.:pray:

Rottielover
February 1st, 2007, 09:36 AM
nope not over, just begun again....But another post for that

Dracko
February 1st, 2007, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't want to live w/o my dog as I adore him.

But...

I COULDN'T live w/o my cats.

To me, life wouldn't be enjoyable in the least if I didn't have cats around to coo over. Funny, though, since my dog is more dependant on me I tend to probably talk about him more, etc. He comes with me places and is probably physically near me more than the cats. Actually he is never more than a foot away from me unless I have left the house w/o him.

I think my favorite part of being a cat & dog mommy is the interaction between the them. Watching my youngest cat (in my avatar), Ginkgo, snuggle up to my GSD, clean him, lick his face even if he growls in annoyance at him, etc. brings me tons of joy.:cloud9:

erykah1310
February 1st, 2007, 11:17 AM
WOW...
Im not offended by your question Chico... not at all. However, I do care equally about everyone, cant prove it over the internet but if anyone wants to come over for my morning ritual with the animals, you'd see.:D
I am still looking for Fuzz, I had to replace some flyers in town (taken down by some morons) We have a reward for her, but in all honesty... I truely feel she has wandered to a barn or something close by.
Fuzz was a stray ( possible drop off situation) not feral, but I dont know how long she was out there before she ran up our tree :shrug: I still go out everyday ( except the other day, i didnt leave my couch) and look for her.

Erykah posted a thread about Fuzz...and hasn't followed up recently. But she also posted a thread about Puppy the day he had troubles, and didn't follow up. Then about Meik and hasn't started another one. Why? Because that's what Erykah seems to do. It's not that she doesn't care or loses interest--if you ask her, which someone did in another thread, she'll tell you she hasn't given up hope and is still looking for Fuzz --it's just that she typically posts a problem and then copes with it on her own without talking about it on the board.
I tend to do this, I know, and I think the reason for it is... too much crap just happens....
I'll do a general update here....
Puppy... :sad: 2 or 3 weeks... we're prolly going to have to do the dreaded, things arent much better. I've been trying to cope with that decision and convince myself he has had a great year here, and had a good time. Try to make it easier.
Miek, still hopping ( bouncing ) so not sure what it could have been.:shrug: I know he has to go to the vet to get checked over, but right now... I just cant. Im not getting into why I cant, but he is on low activity for a little and keeping a close eye on him... If need be, I'll dip into "Puppys account" and go.. but he does have a specialist appointment schedueled in 2.5 weeks ( for his Collapsing after he excersises)
Mia... getting her stitches out on friday... and doing great since her spay.
Larry is doing great... you'd never know he had a broken leg!!
Oliver still hates me, but loves Nikita... but i love him the way he is...(even if it means he "attacks" me when i pet him ):rolleyes:
Floyd.... still prolly narcaleptic:shrug: he just sleeps and sleeps and then goes on psycho runs around the house followed by more sleeping.

I think the reason that I dont post as much about my cats, is well, they dont do as much as the dogs. The activity levels are different... I do love them equally (prolly love having cats more at night when there are piles of them sleeping on me at night purring and soothing away daily stresses with their kneadig.... as apposed to the farting snoring dogs:D )
Again... Chico I understand what you were getting at, and im not offended.

Frenchy
February 1st, 2007, 11:39 AM
ah Erykah :grouphug: You gave Puppy the best you had, he is a very lucky boy to have you as a mommy, you will know when the time is right. :sad: As for Fuzz, she may have found a cozy place and will come back to you when spring comes around....:goodvibes:

Skryker
February 1st, 2007, 11:40 AM
Erykah, :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: ! Your plate is beyond full right now. Don't forget to save a bit of care for yourself, too.

erykah1310
February 1st, 2007, 11:48 AM
Your plate is beyond full right now. Don't forget to save a bit of care for yourself, too. Havent had a minute for myself for the last 2 weeks... prolly why i have another bad cold ... too stressed... but, when one has multiple pets and things start happening to them all at the same time, there really is nothing that they can think of but them...:shrug:
even with everything going on right now, weather it be bad or worse... I'd still never change anything, the resposiblility i took on by takeing them all in.
Just with everything going on, we both decided ( Guy and myself) that from now on, 2 dogs, and 2 cats... but until that time comes ( 20 years or so:D ) :fingerscr I think our feelings will change again.:D

Frenchy
February 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
we both decided ( Guy and myself) that from now on, 2 dogs, and 2 cats...

yes yes ... right ..... :rolleyes: please take care Erykah, stress brings out health problems....try to rest a bit.

erykah1310
February 1st, 2007, 12:21 PM
I think i know why im not the best updater on here... The way i see it , is, well if there is no change in things, what can i say? Im sorry that i do this, I didnt think people really worried that much... I more or less just inform people of whats going on here and then work it out?? :shrug:
It gets frustrating when you just need to vent bout something and get stuff off your chest then hear the usual vet references, or seek a trainer, or...????? I dont go into great detail sometimes because its a forum... its open and sometimes people tend to say things without really looking into whats really going on in the home? Its easy for all of us to just state the obvious but for example...
I wouldnt suggest things to most of the members here on what to do to fix a situation they are having, but fear that im going to get that response. I know what has to be done to help my animals, but when it comes to a lost pet... :confused: its never really happened...
I lost Meik once, canada day last year... I stayed up all night looking for him, driving around and calling him... he returned to camp at 2 in the morning. My dad called and I picked him up in the morning... a dog is easier to find than a cat:shrug:
A cat hears a car... they run.
A dog hears a car.. they recognize the sound of it.
A cat hears something walking towards them... they hide...
A dog hears something walking towards them... they check it out
:shrug:

CyberKitten
February 1st, 2007, 02:27 PM
I have been worried about Fuzz too, kinda waiting to hear - I think we all are interested in each others' pets here - or at least I would like to think so. Prin, I know cats who have access to the outdoors react differently than those who are indoors only but regardless of their background, they are both still lost or missing. The only difference is the technique used to find them. - if you are referring to the url I often quote, cats in the Bag - which is a site about finding lost cats. (and other pets but it centers mostly on cats).

It hardly matters where Fuzz came from, just where the poor kitty is now? I love moggies and ferals just as much as I do my purebreds with the zillion pedigree family connections. And any time a cat is missing, it bothers me. There are so many things out there to hurt these little creatures.

And I agree with Chico. I love dogs - have had some - and would like to think that I treated both dogs and cats equally when I had them. But dogs can seem to be more demanding. Granted, some regard Siamese the most doglike, not sure if they see that as a compliment or not. :D

Anyway - is there an update on Fuzz? I am assuming there are ppl looking for her 24/7. Call me overprotective but if one of my cats was missing, I would be a basket case - or close to it tho I would be using every technique in the book to find her or him. So I marvel at your ability to remain calm erykah1310 in the face of a lost cat. I have 4 pets as well - no dogs at the moment tho - or bunnies.

I used to find when I had a rabbit that there were not enough toys and "stuff" for want of a better word for bunnies - it was all dogs and cats. I see more now that I do not have one, sigh!! (But one day I will have another.... just not at the moment. )

I will send some vibes and prayers Fuzz's way. The thing is you know. he is prob not that far away,. They never are - unless someone has picked them up. Do you have a schedule where you call the shelters and vet offices. There are stories of pets being found yrs after but you have to keep at it. Don't get discouraged and give up!! Regardless of other tthings going on in one's life, she is a living being who needs and is depending on you.

She may be acting strangely by not coming home but that is not because of some anthropomorphic trait. She is lost and probably desperate - unless some good soul has taken her in? Theb again, she may well be just across the road, hiding!! Or in someone's home!! One pet detective uses a grid pattern starting from where the pet was seen last. You could also set a humane trap which works actually for both cats with a feral background and those who were born inside to a lovng home. At this stage, this may be the route to take.

At any rate, good luck!! I hope you find Fuzz soon!!! We are all anxiously awaiting to hear good news! Well, speaking for myself anyway - Iit bothers me to think of a cat anywhwree out there lost! Tho I am sure not half as much as poor Fuzz!!!

just noticed your generalizations re cats and dogs. I have to disagree. It depends on the animal and the socialization and so many variables. In fact, different breeds of cats are different - same is true of dogs. Not all cats will run from cars - as much as one would like them to. They need to learn to do that. Given that 65% of all accidents that kill cats are automobile accidents, one assumes many do not run.It is more complicated, unfortunately - just as all cats and dogs and every living being is different!!

Anyway - we are worried. We are a group of people who care about pets so when we hear of a cat or dog or bunny or any pet missing, we are concerned. That's all. We care and are interested in how you are doing in finding your cat.

Just a thought - have you put an ad in the local newspaper? Or the various web sites? You just never know who reads those things. I have heard so many stories of tearful reunions that I know even tho it has been awhile, Fuzz could very well be hiding almost in full sight. If you read some of the stories on the pet detective sites, you can see that cats can be discovered after 1-6 months and sometimes years. But hopefully, if you use those guidelines based ion the experiences of those involved who've gone through this, Fuzz will be found!!!

Good luck!!!! And take heart in that we are all thinking about Fuzz! And take care of your cold!!! Have you seen your family doctor? Is it cold where you are? Stay warm but maybe you can get help from others - ppl who are involved in rescue et al - to help in searching for Fuzz - if you yourself cannot go outside?

I know for me work was the best therapy but we are all different. I was stressed when I was undergoing chemo but I had to work (ironically designing chemp protocols for others) - no-one to take my place and too many ppl depending on me. There were days I so wanted to just stay in bed and some I had to and hated it. But I usually felt a little better emotionally at least if I did go to work. A cold at least is self limiting - as is stress if you handle it. Are there things you can do to relieve the stress?

Puppyluv
February 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
I think i know why im not the best updater on here... The way i see it , is, well if there is no change in things, what can i say? Im sorry that i do this, I didnt think people really worried that much... I more or less just inform people of whats going on here and then work it out?? :shrug:

I'm like you erykah. When Lay was in the hospital, just writing that she wasn't any better would send me into fits of tears. I didn't feel like people were prying, and knew that they were only being thoughtful and that they cared, and that's why I replied, but it still made me cry:sad:

erykah1310
February 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
There are no shelters around here none for atleast an hour and a half... but I have contacted them as well as forwarded pictures of her. Vets offices too. You never know someone may find her and take her in???:shrug:
All the neighbours are armed with a photo of her as well, in the even that they see her in their barns or on their property. As well as ads in our local newsletter and the paper yes.
I cant stress this enough, my closest neighbour is 1/4 mile away, then after that we are all spread out just bout the same distance. Not a very populated area at all. I know its not a defense on my behalf, but it does complicate things greatly... so much wilderness between us all.. I will never give up hope on her safe return home. And please dont think for a second that there is a minute that goes by I dont think of her.... aside from treking through the woods in hopes of finding her, i dont know how to go about looking??? which direction could she have gone? North??? through 160 acres of our property alone... west... 3 farms in total before hitting town??? East.... NEVER ending bush until you hit the next town?? Or south??? 4 miles until you hit hwy 17:eek:
I have hit up every farm from here to the next town.... all of them know shes out there and missed greatly, they are keeping eyes open for her.
But... what if she had gotten hurt? and someone found her? someone who may have been driving through?? ( we get alot of Sunday sight see'ers driving around here) and they have her at home with them, totally unaware that she is indeed missed dearly and has a loving home, maybe they are thinking that she was a drop off who was injured and left for dead???
I just dont know what to think or say or do anymore....
Please everyone , just be aware that I have not given up on her, still looking for her and will keep on looking for her until i know where she is or what happened.
So I marvel at your ability to remain calm erykah1310 in the face of a lost cat. who sais i am calm?:shrug: Im heart broken, and stressed out about this, shes my mme fuzzer muffin, I didnt just dismiss her, and im sorry if anyone feels that i did.

Mahealani770
February 2nd, 2007, 07:16 AM
Erykah,
You don't owe anybody an explanation for why you have or have not posted an update on Fuzz. You have a life beyond this board, just like all of us do. We know you love ALL of your animals INCLUDING Fuzz. If you didn't care, you would't belong to this board and you certainly wouldn't have started a thread about Fuzz being gone. Who cares how often you update us about YOUR animals? You are a grown a$$ woman and you can do whatever you want. Just because you post once and don't come back and post again does NOT mean that you don't care about your animals. It means that you can't possibly be posting threads on this board every second of the day because YOU HAVE A LIFE and NOBODY should be judging you on how often you do or do not post an update on ONE of your MANY furbabies. Keep your head up and take care of yourself and let us know if Fuzz comes back WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT.
~M~

chico2
February 2nd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Oh,oh I guess I was told,but that's ok Mahealani,you are probably right!

badger
February 2nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Well, I don't know, personally I'd like to know IMMEDIATELY if Fuzzywuzzy made an appearance. No pressure :)

Mahealani770
February 2nd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Awe, Chico, that was not directed at you :thumbs up
~M~

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 10:06 AM
i think that its true that dogs get more attention on the forums but i also agree that its because they seem to have more issues. They are more work than cats and require more physical attention (and by that i mean walking and training.) i think it also has to do with what type of person you are. Some people are naturally more drawn to dogs and some to cats. i dont believe that they love one or the other any less particularly. i grew up with lots of dogs and cats and loved them all equally although i was more drawn to the cats, i hurt just as much when each of them passed away (dogs and cats) and now i have my kitten who meets me and my boyfriend at the door every time it opens, talks all the time and gets so much attention that sometimes he hides himself so i cant keep giving him hugs and kisses!! :D my mom would call this 'paying rent'. the cats rule the house and the only rent they have to pay is to receive hugs and kisses regardless of whether they have come to get them. they get seeked out and given regardless.
I dont know the story about Fuzz but im sure that if hes (or she) is missing Erykah is feeling it as much as if any of her other animals were missing. I hope your kitty comes back Erykah. and i hope your other stuff gets sorted out soon!!!!
:grouphug:

jiorji
February 2nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
ok ok....so dogs have more issues and they require more exercise, but it still gives no excuse as to why there's more photos of dogs posted than cats.

what's everybody's excuse for that??:cool:

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
That i have no anwer for. maybe more people have dogs? if you want i can play catch up and post a whole lot of pics of my little boy. i just havent posted more cause i thought no one was as interested in seeing pics of Roly as i am of showing him off! hehe. just say the word....:)

erykah1310
February 2nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
Oh oh oh.... The reason im not a huge cat picture poster, well....mine just sleep most of the day, how many pics can one see of sleeping cats?? sure its so adorable the contorted ways they sleep, but I just find sleepy pics would get boring after a while:shrug:

Skryker
February 2nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Yup-cats sleep more than anything else, and trying to get pics of an adult cat playing is hard! At least with Dancer. :o Sometimes, if you do anything to call attention to the fact that she's playing, she stops. Or else, her crazy-cat moments are too fast for the camera. Or at 4am, over top of my head while I'm sleeping! :p Oddly, I don't have the camera handy then. ;)

badger
February 2nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Rolandsmom, omg, kamikaze love. My rescues are subjected to it almost as soon as they walk in the door. It's the price of admission, sooner or later I get to cash in.

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 11:22 AM
:laughing: lol. exactly! and i think they love it secretly. well Roland is definately a loving kitty cause of it, or maybe im just luck enough to have a cat that allows me to give him so much love without too much resistance. hehe

Frenchy
February 2nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Yup-cats sleep more than anything else, and trying to get pics of an adult cat playing is hard!

Monsieur le chat is either sleeping or , if he's playing, he's running much too fast to take a pic ! Road Runner, beep beep !

RolandsMom
February 2nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
sorry Erykah and Chico this thread has seemed to digress. Just know that fuzz in in our minds as are you Erykah and lots of sunshine and come home vibes being sent your way and to Fuzz wherever he may be.

H.P.
February 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
erykah, I just read about Fuzz, I am so sorry! I know you must miss her like crazy! :grouphug:

H.P.
February 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
erykah, I just read about Fuzz, I am so sorry! I know you must miss her like crazy! :grouphug: Have you tried putting food out for her? That is the only thing that I can think of to do.

erykah1310
February 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Theres food outside in the infamous shed where all the stray cats seem to congregate, hasnt been touched:sad: I also have put food in the shed attached to the house ( large crack under door that the cats always use when theyre outside) hopefully when she does come home she'll atleast have an instant meal.:fingerscr

Frenchy
February 2nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
I'M keeping my :fingerscr woudn't surprise me if she comes up in spring time. :pray: