Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Your all time favorite songs

papillonmama
January 31st, 2007, 01:01 PM
I couldn't think of too many sappy love songs, but everything else came to mind.

So, how about your all time favorite songs.

Don't let me down, When I'm 64, Let it Be - The Beatles

Last Kiss - Pearl Jam

A Message to you Rudy - The Specials

Stickshift and Safetybelts - Cake

Red House - Jimi Hendrix

Down in the Basement - Etta James

Jim Morrison, some Led Zepplin, some Cat Stevens, a bit of this and that, okay I'll stop for now. Your turn.:)

Frenchy
January 31st, 2007, 09:11 PM
There's too many for me to make a list. Lots of 60's and 70's rock....

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 09:53 PM
Oh soo many...

Mine are more mid 90's though.

Ooo and Christmas songs... the classics... Sometimes in the spring, I get a craving for them too. :o

~michelle~
January 31st, 2007, 10:00 PM
i love Ryan Adams (not to be confused with bryan adams:yuck: ) but my favorite song by him... hmmm sweet carolina, or wish you were here, and oh all of them off of the Gold Album.... any other ryan adams fans out there? we are so few and far between.

papillonmama
January 31st, 2007, 10:16 PM
Oh soo many...

Mine are more mid 90's though.

Ooo and Christmas songs... the classics... Sometimes in the spring, I get a craving for them too. :o

I'm a christmas baby, funny things happen when your name is star and you were born on christmas day, I used to collect anything with stars on it and sing christmas carols all year round. I was a funny kid.:p

papillonmama
January 31st, 2007, 10:25 PM
You're killing me here, such broad generalizations. :yell:

I'm so behind in the times, I don't have an MP3 player, but if you have one, or if you have a playlist on your computer, what are the songs that you don't mind listening to almost everytime.

And if you still can't decide, what kind of music from the era? Were you grungy, or beat-boxing? Erhem, ;)

I should have been more specific from the start, lol.

erykah1310
February 1st, 2007, 12:30 PM
"Step inside... walk this way... you and me babe.. hey hey!!!"

Pour some sugar on me!:thumbs up My all time favorite song!!!! On summer days with the T-roofs off!!!:cloud9: "pour some sugar on me, in the name of love" was always just a blaring!!!!!
Oh the good ol days:cloud9:
There is still not a song that i have liked as much for near as long... so thats my all time favorite!:thumbs up

I'll also have to add....
Im an Eminem fan as well.... lots of Eminem
Skid row....
Sean Paul too
Akon is proving to be another to add to my list....

Im pretty much all 80's and reggae/rappy... pretty well anything other than too much country...

Rick C
February 1st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Currently, Corrine Bailey-Rae.

http://www.corinnebaileyrae.net/

I'm an old codger so asking my favourite song of all time is pretty impossible.

"Amarillo By Morning" by George Strait is something I never get tired of.

Soundtrack for Les Miserables, believe it or not, is something I don't mind yelling to if I'm alone in the Durango.

Obvioiusly, Corrine Bailey-Rae and George Strait and Les Miserables don't have anything in common . . . . . so you see the difficulty.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

CyberKitten
February 1st, 2007, 04:00 PM
I think the songs we grow up with tend to stay with us. I love folk music - John Denver, Peter, Paul and Mary - even tho they are before my time (<Maybe I have an "old" soul, lol),Nanci Griffith, Joan Baez, Celtic music - most of it, am thinking Rankin Family and Deanta and Sons of Maxwell (Local group). I also like Linda Ronstadt, older French music like Edith Butler.

There are more but it would take all day, lol I like Paul McCartney too but preferred him with the Beatles, not so much alone and for some strange reason, I like the early Beatles better than their older music - with the exception of the White Album and Abbey Road. Love 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps". A song I really love that was first performed by Ian and Sylvia (tho written by a US duo from Nevada) is called Darcy Farrow and while I like the I&S ver, I prefer the performance by John Denver. Nanci Griffith does it as well.

I have eclectic tastes I guess.