Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Feeling bad have to put roxy in bathroom for a few hours!am i just crazy.

heidiho
January 30th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Ok so this is the first time our place is getting sprayed for bugs since we have had her,and i am having a hard time knowing she will have to get put in bathroom at like 7:45 am tomorrow and will probably have to stay there til at least 12:00,she is gonna go crazy and so am i knowing she is stuck in there,am i being just ridicoulous and she will be fine?

jiorji
January 30th, 2007, 06:41 PM
make sure you put lots of toys in there and make sure you put a towel to cover that little area under the door to make sure no bug spray gets in. And if there's a window open it a bit so she has some air, but not enough so that she can escape. But she'll be fine for a few hours if she has food adn toys and her bed :cloud9:

heidiho
January 30th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I didnt even think of that(something to put under door,thanks) I can do that,except she really doenst have a personal bed she always sleeps with us or on her condo.Which i just thought i could put in bathroom so she could lay on it and look out window,not sure if condo is high enough though..I just know even when we get groceries and put her in bathroom for a few minutes she doesnt like it and i know this sounds crazy,i just feel like she will think we are being mean by doing that and be sad.God i am wacked...........:eek: :eek:

SARAH
January 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM
No you're not, you just :love: her

Remember though, animals don't percieve time the way we do, 15 minutes or 5 hours seems to be the same for them (that's the theory everyone is throwing at you anyway). She'll be sad for a little bit, wonder why she's locked in, hear strange noises in her house, but more likely than not go to sleep. You could give her a new chewy - toy or dental bone thing - to keep her occupied.

heidiho
January 30th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah i do love her to death,everything i do is all for her comfort,she has got me wrapped and i love it.I never understood that time thing either,so when we go to work say for 7 hours what it is only like we have been gone for 10 minutes??I dont quite understand how that works..I know she will keep herself somewhat entertained because she is in the bathroom with me every morning jumping on the shelves in there,i can only imagine tomorrow everything will be knocked down.she loves boxes so i will get a 12 pack of soda tonight and she can have a new box and some toys

jiorji
January 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM
heidi, does she nto sleep when you're gone??I'd assume she does. My cats do too.
I think that once she realizes nobody's home she'll go to sleep. ANd if strangers come in the house she'll feel safe away from them. Thinking of my cats again...mine usually hide when ppl they don't know come in. So she may like it.

But when you come back, so that she doesn't feel like it's a punishment, just enter with love and pet her and talk to her and offer her treats so she knows it wasn't meant in a mean way. :)

heidiho
January 30th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah she does ,when we get home from work,its so cute,she heres us at the door and starts crying and when we get in you can tell she jsut woke up eyes are all squinty and she is just sitting there,and even when i stay home all day really all she does is sleep sleep and oh yeah more sleep,its just our bathroom isnt really big she does love the shower though as soon as we get in or out of shower she goes right in,so i will leave that open for her to,really jsut has toilet her kitty litter and some floor space..And you know it as soon as i walk in that door she will be showered with lovin..

rainbow
January 30th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I'm sure Roxy will be fine, Heidi. Jiorji has given you lots of good advice. Maybe you could leave the cold water dripping in the shower to entertain her. :D

heidiho
January 30th, 2007, 08:01 PM
thats a great idea,she really does love it,as soon as you get out she goes right in sometimes takes a drink,which i try to stop,or before you get in she will run in there and just sit til i turn water on then she gets out,then i try to shut shower door that is a battle with her paw ,god she just does the cutest things that just make me smile as i type this

rainbow
January 30th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah, my siamese x is almost 4 yr. old and he still does that. My older girl is almost five and she only comes in after I get out. They both love playing with the water drips. :crazy:

heidiho
January 30th, 2007, 08:20 PM
She is fascinated with it,and also which i find bizarre,is the frig,if we open it she comes running and will just sit there lookin inside so we put her in there and she loved it,cruised around the bottom shelf,we had to actually grab her to get her out she wanted to hang out in there i guess all the food smells is what she liked.

Frenchy
January 30th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Don't worry if she doesn't come to you for the next few days, cats can get mad easely and will not forgive ..... :laughing: just screwing with you :D I'm sure she will do some anarchy in the bathroom at first and then will go to sleep until mommy comes back home ! Don't worry .

heidiho
January 30th, 2007, 08:46 PM
You are my favorite here,you make me laugh everytime....Oh my god i can only imagine the bathroom when we get back..Mark is gonna go home to let her out,but they come at 9:00 and we have no idea when our unit will get sprayed and after it does you have to wait 2 hours they said,so this might be a 6 hour thing,and i am gonna be feeling bad the whole time at work....my poor girl................................:cat:

heidiho
January 30th, 2007, 08:48 PM
well almost 4:00 here time to go home,will unleash how bad i feel here tomorrow............

jiorji
January 30th, 2007, 09:09 PM
..Mark is gonna go home to let her out:

ah ha!! he has a name!:D

I think Rainbow's water tap idea is great. Roxy will be entertained forever trying to catch drops hehe

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah he does,so funny i told him someone here said he was hot so now every picture i have been taking of roxy he seems to get in,,well we put some toys in there,left the closet open,i know i am gonna pay the price on that,but on the third shelf in it are all the towels she likes to lay on when i get ready and it is in view of window so she can look out,i went to the car and had mark put her in there forgot to tell him about leaving shower dripping,and i almost guarentee she is gonna have her kitty litter everywhere also..:cat:

Hunter's_owner
January 31st, 2007, 02:30 PM
ah ha!! he has a name!:D

I think Rainbow's water tap idea is great. Roxy will be entertained forever trying to catch drops hehe

My room-mates cat absolutely loves this. I got him in the habit of it and now he races everyone to the bathroom and jumps onto the counter, to get at the tap:D

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 02:34 PM
Ok i am feelin bad i forgot the water thing,but i know she will find a way to stay amused,most likely buy knocking down everything in closet.....

Hunter's_owner
January 31st, 2007, 02:37 PM
Oh, that's not a big deal. She doesn't know what she is missing, so it isn't going to matter to her. ;) :D

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah thats true..So crazy how much i just love her,everything about her is just perfect.Last night she was sleeping in between our pillows with her head on marks pillow ann her but by my pillow,and when she wakes up a little bit if your hand is there she will lay her paw on your hand so i take my other hand put on hers and she just loves it.

chico2
January 31st, 2007, 05:27 PM
Heidi,even if you had left her,the minute the spraying started she would have gone in to hiding,cats hate insecticide-spray.
Hope the smell is not too strong when you get home,or she'll be climbing the walls.:laughing:
If any bugs come out because of the spray,don't let her eat them...:yuck:

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 05:47 PM
Thank you honestly didnt think of her eating bugs that might come out dying from the stuff.I am sure when she heres them in there she is gonna hide somewhere,

rainbow
January 31st, 2007, 07:12 PM
At least she's got nice soft towels to hide in. :D

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 07:14 PM
yeah thats true,mark went home at 1:00 they havent even sprayed yet,he let her out for a little bit,not to much destruction,knocked over trash can,toothbrushes,she will be raring to go tonight.......:cat:

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM
heheh I wouldn't use those toothbrushes again:o

My Peanut likes to chew things and she once chewed my toothbrush :yuck:

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 07:26 PM
I cant believe you said that cause mark said she probably took them and well put them in a dirty place......:laughing: :laughing:

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 07:29 PM
i once found a fork in the litter box.:evil: And it was burried in there too! LOL

i say you get new toothbrushes :laughing:

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 07:40 PM
alright i am gonna have to,because i am just picturing her kicking them around,putting in litter box then back on toothbrush holder:evil: :evil: :cat:

rainbow
January 31st, 2007, 07:53 PM
I've gone through that too so now I use those little plastic thingies that clip on over the bristles. :D

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM
I have never seen those..I cant believe she is still in there,but hopefully the pets have no sense of what time is is true!!

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 08:10 PM
what's she doing in the bathroom still?

plotting away her revenge no doubt....maybe putting cellophane on the toilet seat or switching the shampoo with glue:rolleyes: :cat: :evil:

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 08:13 PM
are you and frenchy the same person,cause you both crack me up...When he went to check on her they still didnt spray yet.....And yeah she probably is plotting something,if anything playing in her kitty litter,still not sure why she likes to play where she poops.

Frenchy
January 31st, 2007, 08:23 PM
OMG just heard on CNN ; big big water spill in a condo complex in Hawai ...they said some kind of animal open all the water fossets and kept flushing the toilet :eek:

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 08:25 PM
that is some funny stuff i am dying over here,i swear you guys are the same,because you seem to have the same sense of humor,i love it....And i wouldnt be suprised,i will have camera in hand when i go in there .

Frenchy
January 31st, 2007, 08:26 PM
what's she doing in the bathroom still?

plotting away her revenge no doubt....maybe putting cellophane on the toilet seat or switching the shampoo with glue:rolleyes: :cat: :evil:

:offtopic: Monsieur le chat got foster Bella (now Sheba) in trouble a couple times. But Bella seemed so sad everytime I came home to find the toilet paper unrolled all over the bathroom. I just laughed but not long ago...I caught him :cool: it was Monsieur le chat :cat:

Frenchy
January 31st, 2007, 08:27 PM
are you and frenchy the same person

we do go out with the same invisible man. Jiorji get the week days and I get the week end , don't ask , long story.....

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 08:29 PM
now i am curious.........:clown: had to use him cause he is a freaky lookin clown

Frenchy
January 31st, 2007, 08:52 PM
a couple months ago the girls were complaining about their BF, I told them I really liked mine because he never talked back to me so no arguing (I'm single, yes, I know , hard to believe :rolleyes: ) so me and Jiorji started to talk about our invisible BF only to find out....he's the same man ! :laughing:

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM
You guys are to much........Well 4:00 time to go get my girl out of lock up,and survey the damage.....Stay tuned............

Frenchy
February 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
ssssooooo ? What are the damages ? :D

heidiho
February 1st, 2007, 08:19 PM
She is just the best,nothing really,there was some kitty litter all over the floor,paw prints on bathroom sink,otherwise then that,not a thing was wrong,she is da best everrrrrr....did get new toothbrushes though.....When we got to the front door she started crying,but she does that everyday when we get to the front door,i think she loves us as much as we love her,i never had a cat that would cry when they heard me coming,and that is cry in a good way..:laughing:

Frenchy
February 1st, 2007, 08:29 PM
Booorrrring ! She didn't do any hell ? What kind of kitten is she ? No unrolled toilet paper everywhere ? No overturned garbage ? :confused: She needs to have a talk with Monsieur le chat :evil:

rainbow
February 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
Awww, that's so sweet Heidi.....what a little angel you have. :angel: But, glad you bought new toothbrushes, just in case. :D

heidiho
February 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
She is an angel,but i did forget when mark went home for lunch she did get toilet paper,which i dont know how cause we dont keep it on holder anymore for that reason,not sure how she reached it,i swear she really is the best .....no complaints here except the attacking of feet.

chico2
February 2nd, 2007, 07:58 AM
Well,feet are moving objects,irresistable to kitties,especially since they have 10 little digits:laughing:
Your feet and toes will not be soo tempting as she gets older,I promise:cat:

jiorji
February 2nd, 2007, 10:49 AM
a couple months ago the girls were complaining about their BF, I told them I really liked mine because he never talked back to me so no arguing (I'm single, yes, I know , hard to believe :rolleyes: ) so me and Jiorji started to talk about our invisible BF only to find out....he's the same man ! :laughing:

let's see who gets him for valentine's day;)

you know Heidi, for some reason if you put a paper towel on the floor, cats(Well mine anyways) automatically jump on it and start to bite it and kick it with the back feet. Does Roxy do that too?

heidiho
February 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
So funny last night we were watching her ,and how she is really starting to fine tune her cat instincts hiding around corners then when you walk by running at you sometimes attacking feet other times coming to a dead stop then going to another corner in the place and doing it again,the funniest thing was mark got a ukelele(not sure how to spell) and he was playing it and she was so into watching him play it,well when we went to bed,i still am laughing,we here her playing the ukelele i go into the kitchen and she is on the counter biting at the strings and it is totally playing,it was so funny,she was loving it......I am hoping she will grow out of the feet thing,she loves doing it so much hard to imagine she will ever stop....

heidiho
February 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
I have never done the paper towel thing but she loves to do the backfeet thing with plastic bags or if we are playing in bed with her she will wrap her paws around our hand and go off kicking with her back feet on our arm...

Frenchy
February 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
I am hoping she will grow out of the feet thing,she loves doing it so much hard to imagine she will ever stop....

My late Missy :rip: did play with our feet in bed when she was a kitten. But she did grow out of it , too bad ,I tought it was funny. :p

heidiho
February 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I think everything she does is cute but when she gets into attack mode on your feet she can really bite hard or she will just wrap her paws around it and bite down with what seems like everything shes got.....i am ready for her to grow out of that