Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Snow Buddies (Air Bud) - CAST!

Spirit
January 30th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Oooohhhh... the excitement!

So a few weeks ago, someone approached me and asked if I would be interested in my dog staring in a main role (the mother) in Snow Buddies (Air Buddies 2, I believe). I politely declined because he's only 13 months old and I didn't want to part with him for 3 months. I did agree to take him for an assessment though (to see where he's at with training, and if there's another smaller part for him). I thought it was funny that they wanted him for the mother because he's a boy (for one), and more on the gold side (they like blonder goldens). He is quite small and feminine looking though (people always think he's a she). He's too small and too red for the father role anyway (Air Bud), which is fine.

But last night, I got a phone call. His BROTHER is now (but I think still un-officially), BUDDY!! I didnt even know they were going in for the audition, but good for him for being accepted at only 13 months old. I will say though, for such a young dog, he sure is good looking (he may be my little man's brother, but he's much bigger and more "grown up" looking. My guy still has a puppy face).

So Judy, if you're by chance reading this, CONGRATUFLIPPINLATIONS!

Spirit
January 31st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Well, I was excited... lol :(

I think this is in the wrong forum... Can you please move this to the movie forum? I just discovered it! (Thank you)

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Woohoo! That's cool.:highfive:

Dog Dancer
January 31st, 2007, 03:18 PM
I think that's exciting too, but I'd be afraid myself. Are you sure these folks are legit? No way I'd let them take my dog for three months. Never. Nope. Maybe I'm misreading something, but this made me nervous from the get go. I guess I just don't trust enough.:sad: I'd make real sure to check everything out before I let them touch my dog, and I'd never let the dog out of my sight! If it's legit then good for you, I hope it works out great, just be careful.

Of course, this I say now thinking back that my son was approached to be part of a couple of movies (as a football player) and I didn't question letting him go... :o Mothers - go figure!

rainbow
January 31st, 2007, 05:43 PM
That is totally awesome. :highfive: But, like Dog Dancer, I would make sure it is with a reputable company that is going to care for your dog as you would.

Hunter's_owner
January 31st, 2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah that is pretty cool:highfive:

Spirit
January 31st, 2007, 07:12 PM
That's part of movie business though (having to part with your pet for a certain amount of time). I completely trust them but I still wasn't willing to part with my baby, which is why I declined the offer. Part of why they wanted a younger golden was so they could retrain the dog to suit the role. And in that case, he'd be a different dog when I got him home.

It's still exciting though! I can't wait to see the movie now. WOOOOO!

:highfive:

TMac
February 1st, 2007, 09:42 PM
That is too cool!

Do you know when it comes out?

We received Air Buddies for Christmas. Toby actually watches every minute of the Air Bud movies...I think he especially likes the puppies since they make a lot of little noises. In terms of his acting abilities....uh...let's say he is too much of a goof to play a role. Unless they like dog actors that run off the set after squirrels when they're supposed to be doing something useful!

...although maybe he'd be a good celebrity - he does seriously enjoy having his hair blow-dried! :laughing:

rainbow
February 1st, 2007, 10:32 PM
The only thing wrong with movies like this (Air Bud,Snow Dogs, 101 Dalmations, etc.) is that as soon as people see them they want a dog "just like them" and then about six months or so later they end up at SPCA/shelters. :sad:

Spirit
February 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM
That is too cool!

Do you know when it comes out?

...although maybe he'd be a good celebrity - he does seriously enjoy having his hair blow-dried! :laughing:

No idea. Fall, I would assume? I tried to do an online search, but I couldn't find anything (even on IMDB). Anyway, they picked him up last night, so Ben's brother is officially Buddy.

My dog has much too large of an ego as it is. I'm not sure he'd come home the same dog, with all those people fussing over him. And forget about the blow dryer... he actually LOVES being blown dry. lol

For the record, I don't normally blow dry him unless it's really cold out and we need to go out. There were a few times when it was snowing and he wasn't dry enough by the time we had to leave, so I gave him a once over with my hair dryer. The damn dog sucks it all up.

Probably made for Hollywood... LOL