Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stiff Neck!

poodletalk
January 30th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Some of you know, I had a stiff neck since Sunday and the pain is into my shoulder. I am at work today and I am in agony because I am left handed my neck and shoulder is sore on the left side!!

I have been taking mortin ib every couple of hours and I been putting sports gel on my neck and shoulder. I can now move my left arm without being in pain, but my shoulder and neck is throbbing in pain!!

Does anyone have any suggestions! :mad: :mad: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

brandynva
January 30th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear you are in such pain! A caution: A lot of women who have heart attacks have "silent" symptoms. One of the major signs is pain in the left neck, shoulder and down the arm. Since this is so persistant and you haven't had an injury you really should go see a doctor, or go to the emergency room. Also, be careful taking too much ibuprofen. It will tear your stomach up big time. Something my doctor recommended was taking 2 ibuprofen, then two hours later take two acetametophine. The liver processes one drug, the kidneys the other so you will be safe. Anyway, hope you feel better and hope you get to the doc soon!

Frenchy
January 30th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Please consult your doctor and come back here for an update. DO NOT self medicate :D

Mahealani770
January 30th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Yes, please go see the doc and make sure it's not something much more serious. However, when I get back pain (all the time) I get those disposable heating pads and strap one to my back. They last a LONG time...12 hours I believe. Then when it gets cold, just throw it away! You get 2 in a box. I like these for when I have to go out or sit at work. You don't have to worry about a plug. I hope you feel better!

~M~

poodletalk
January 30th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Went to the clinic, I pulled two major muscles in my neck that some how leads across your shoulder. Anyways, he said "DON'T MOVE YOUR ARM, or strain your neck since it must rest!

I told him it would be hard for me not to move my left arm since I am left handed. His reply, well you are going to aggervate it and it will take longer to heal.

rainbow
January 30th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Do you have paid sick leave at work? :fingerscr And, Mahealani's suggestion is a good one....those disposable pads work great. :thumbs up

brandynva
January 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'm glad you went and got it checked out! I hope you are able to rest it up so it won't take longer. Being in pain makes it easier, but once it starts to feel better it's harder to do! Good luck! :thumbs up

Prin
January 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Well, you've already gone, but I was going to suggest going to an athletic therapist.. If it's muscle related, they do magical things. :)

Hope you feel more comfy soon. :fingerscr :grouphug:

Frenchy
January 30th, 2007, 08:45 PM
. Anyways, he said "DON'T MOVE YOUR ARM, or strain your neck since it must rest!

Time to make hubby work for you ;) Hope you feel better soon. :goodvibes:

poodletalk
January 30th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the well wishes...it hurts like HE--! But at least I know it's nothing serious. Hubby felt bad for me tonight, he was the one who cooked supper and then made me tea and cannoellis while I was lying down on the sofa watching American Idol. :angel:

Frenchy
January 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM
he was the one who cooked supper and then made me tea and cannoellis while I was lying down on the sofa watching American Idol. :angel:

Good for you, you need some pampering :thumbs up