Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Traumatized Chinchilla

c_ximinez
January 30th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Hi all,

yesterday, I came home to find the smoke detector in the house going off. There was no fire or smoke, so i can only think that it was malfunctioning. At any rate, our little chin, Chilly, was very distressed after the incident. i can only imagine that the alarm had been beeping for hours. It hurts my head after only a few seconds. Physically she seems fine, but she refused to come out of hiding all last night (she has been out of her cage) even for a raisin. I'm hoping that she will be back to her playful self in a little while, but i'm wondering if any permanent damage could have been done, especially to her hearing or other mental damage. What do you guys think? Thank you.

c_ximinez
February 1st, 2007, 08:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

It has been 3 days now, and Chilly is still more timid than usual, but has been far more interactive with us than after the first day. It seems as if she has all her hearing, she can hear the treat bag crinkling from across the room anyway! She came out of her room for a bit of exercise for the first time last night. Looks like everything should be Ok. Thanks for listening.

papillonmama
February 1st, 2007, 08:49 AM
Right on, it's good to see that Chilly should be fine.

Good luck

Mahealani770
February 2nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
I'm dying to see a picture of chilly!!! :D

jiorji
February 2nd, 2007, 09:40 AM
poor Chilly:sad: I hope she gets better. They're really sensitive to loud noises, but well it was an incident that couldn't have been avoided.

So just give her time to come around and we'd love to see some pics :D

c_ximinez
February 2nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
She getting better every day. We just had her out and she was her usual crazy self. She entertains us to no end, but she is certainly a handful. I'll try to put a picture of the time we found her on the stove. We had remove the elements to clean them.

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
i'm glad she is doing better, i love the picture of her,

jiorji
February 2nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
my goodness she's such a cutie!!:cloud9:
I love small furries:lovestruck:

glad she's doing better:thumbs up

Mahealani770
February 5th, 2007, 01:05 PM
More pics!! :D More pics!! :crazy:

Chinnylover
February 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM
More pics!! :D More pics!! :crazy:

I have 3 chinchilla's and I love seeing pictures of others! They are so adorable! They take the best pictures. Even just watching them sleep is adorable! I'm glad Chilly is doing better. I always worry about my chins they are so fragile!