Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lucky with chicken!

technodoll
January 29th, 2007, 09:53 PM
It's again on sale this week at IGA... whole fresh chickens for $0.99/lbs :) sucks that our freezer is so full I can't fit a toothpick in there... kinda went crazy stocking up the past weeks.

AND on Thursday, the manager of the meat department at our local Metro is giving me a bunch of bones from blade roast trimming... she met the kids and fell in love, thinks raw-feeding is great! (i had to explain the other night why i was buying 10 pork roasts, LOL). Not sure if the bones will be useable but I'll take them anyways, it's always good to be in a butcher's good graces :D

jiorji
January 29th, 2007, 10:19 PM
well you can boil teh bones i think and make some meat tasting water for the beans....maybe?

(the bones they won't eat, just teh water)

technodoll
January 29th, 2007, 10:28 PM
yes, i could make yummy broth for them! :thumbs up good idea!

erykah1310
January 30th, 2007, 12:40 AM
:sad: I have no more room for all these sales:frustrated:
Need another freezer....:D
I've been gettin some great hauls from way too many butchers now ( I was getting ripped off for a while there, apparently alot of people catching on to raw:shrug: ) but last week they all had LOTS to give... plus the sales, and Guys fishing:eek: I have an addiction.... gonna have to find a RA support group soon, :o

Scott_B
January 30th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I bought two Turkeys yesterday on sale for $1.39/lb. Not the best price, but for Turkey, it isnt bad.

technodoll
January 30th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I never buy turkey unless it's $0.99/lbs or less... happens about 4 times per year around here. Yes i'm cheap! LOL :D

Scott_B
January 30th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah,, it was a treat for him. They had legs & thieghs on for .99/lb but they sold out. So we have a rain check in on that.