Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Litterers - who ARE these people?

Shamrock
January 29th, 2007, 02:02 PM
This is just a bit of a rant..

A clear and pretty sunny weekend brought many people like myself out to the local parks. A tranquil and beautiful spot I picked.. nature in all its loveliness.

In the parking lot, I noticed 2 discarded beer cans on the ground, dropped from a car window no doubt. I took them over to garbage can 30 feet away .. and wondered why this task was too much trouble for the consumers.:confused:

A lovely long walk in the woods.. but as I exited the forested trail onto a quiet dead-end street.. I see two large plastic bags of someone's household garbage thrown into the bush, next to the sign that said "absolutely no dumping". Animals had been into it, and its spread all over in an unsightly mess. I shake my head..

I loop back onto a long paved public walkway, picking up my pace as now it's getting dark. I step in dog poop.. not once, but twice. The second time I slipped and almost fell. Who leaves dog crap on a concrete sidewalk???:mad:

Now I am angry.. cursing those who ignore the sign that says "please leash and clean up after your dog".:evil:

I dont know "anyone" who would be so thoughtless and irresponsible.
But clearly they are out there.

They leave their messes, their own and their animal's for others to deal with.
They pollute a pretty nature area and drive or walk off without another thought.
They believe signs are for other people.. or to be ignored.

Even in this day and age.. they dont care.
It baffles me. WHY dont they care?:confused: :sad:

Prin
January 29th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I know, eh? I don't know how people can't care. :sad:

breeze
January 29th, 2007, 02:08 PM
It's the same here, dog poop,bags, even liquer bottles left on the side of the road, the worst is blue elastics from the post man tons of them, to a puppy a brand new toy and posible food. I just don't understand why people can't pick anything up or throw it in a wast bin !!
I feel your fusatration..

jiorji
January 29th, 2007, 02:11 PM
ooohhh i HATE litterers!!:mad:

I used to get the worst road rage when i'd drive and see some spoiled brat chuck his Tim's coffee out his souped up Civic that his daddy bought to get him to stay in school. MAN!! I felt like running those people off teh darn road!:evil:

ARGH!! selfish people

breeze
January 29th, 2007, 02:14 PM
what about the mcdonalds bag full of food dropped and left with the ketchup all over the place and don't forget the fires with that yuk and double yuk

rainbow
January 29th, 2007, 02:23 PM
There's a road up the mountain above us and idiots are always dumping old fridges, electronics, furniture, etc. up there because they're too darn cheap to dispose of it at the dump. :mad: :yell: :frustrated:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 29th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I hate literers too - There is a creek near us - and everytime I walk by in someone has thrown something in it - like a bike old tire, sign, not to mention all the chip and coke bottles laying everywhere.

...and now because some people have let their dogs run loose on the play ground at my kids school, and never picked up after them, we can no longer bring our dogs onto the school ground to pick up the kids. I used to bring Joey all the time and we would just wait for his skin brothers outside the door to the school - to bad just a few people have to ruin it for everyone.:sad: