Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pedigree and shelters

coppperbelle
January 28th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I saw a commercial this weekend on Pedigree dog food and it's campaign to help out shelters. The commercial brought me to tears and although I think Pedigree food is not the best they are doing something great for all the dogs in shelters.
Check out their web site and look for the commercial that is now airing on American channels. http://www.pedigree.com/home.asp
So far I think this is only going on the U.S. but hopefully will eventually come our way.

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I too now have my issues with quality of pedigree's food, but I said it before and I'll say it again, I would rather see dogs eating pedigree ( or other food we dont agree with around here) then seeing them hungry.
Hope it does come to canada too, great work pedigree, now for Purina, Iams, and all other dog food companies to help out too

Prin
January 28th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I thought Iams did have a shelter program already?

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I know Hills helps out some rescues. I'm trying to get them to help "ours" still waiting for that phone call.

technodoll
January 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I saw the commercial yesterday, it's a GOOD one! hopefully people will see the dogs and get the message to adopt, rather than remember the sponsor (pedigree :yuck: ). if they cared so much about dogs they'd make food that actually had real ingredients in it rather than industry slop rejects. but i digress. In the end if shelters can adopt out more dogs because of the publicity, then yay! :thumbs up that's all that matters on this point.

Dad of Dog's
January 28th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Iams does the Ottawa Humane Society but I am not sure what others. The only food the dogs eat is Eukanuba/Iams.

brandynva
January 28th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I love this commercial. It makes me cry everytime I see it and it makes me want to run out and adopt all the dogs in the shelter...

coppperbelle
January 28th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I agree the food is crap but their campaign is great. I for one will go out and buy a bag of their crap food and donate it to a shelter. That way they will get two.

TeriM
January 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I just saw this commercial a few minutes ago. It was very touching and well done.

joeysmama
January 28th, 2007, 10:35 PM
My family knows when it's on because every time I say "Oh look at those eyes !!" They have these doggies with the most beautiful, soulful eyes just begging to be loved. It will tear your heart out.

Frenchy
January 29th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I agree the food is crap but their campaign is great. I for one will go out and buy a bag of their crap food and donate it to a shelter. That way they will get two.

Is it only in U.S. ?

EdwinBird
January 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Hill's helps out at my local no-kill (granted, it is in the US). While I'm not a huge fan of Hill's, I do like more than most 'mainstream' foods - plus, I've heard how financially difficult running the shelter is, so *anything* helps.

coppperbelle
January 30th, 2007, 06:25 AM
This campaign is different as it encourages the general public to help out by buying food and Pedigree matches it. It also encourages people looking for a dog or cat to go to their local shelter.