Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

doggie comfort?

breeze
January 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I went shopping today to see if i can find something for Bree to sleep on at night or during the day instead of my couch, I came up some posiblities and different price range. confusing no less. right now she is either in her cage (when we go out) or on the floor (in the living room during the day) which she moves around alot tring to find the perfect spot. eventually she fall asleep, I tried putting a baby comforter on the floor (upstair when we go to bed)but she just snubbs her nose at it, she is not very comfortable unless she is on my couch! Nakita love her blanket but we all know that two dogs are not alike.

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I tried to take a pic for you of the last doggy bed I bought. But Sam is asleep on it and it's too dark. I got it at Costco for only $25.00. It's really fluffy, big enough for a large golden (Sam's overweight :sad: ) and has a zipper so you can put the cover in the washing machine. 3 years ago I got 2 at Walmart for $35-$40 and they were not half fluffy as this one. Rip off.

Hunter's_owner
January 28th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I picked None of the Above because in the night time:

Hunter actually sleeps on a little mattress that used to belong to a cot. It is the perfect size for him, and when not in use, it slides under my bed. He also has a pillow:o

Cassie sleeps in her crate in my room. Sounds mean, but that was how she was trained, and now after snuggling for awhile, she will get down and go in her crate:rolleyes:

But in the day time, they sleep wherever they want when I am home. They can have the couch, any bed, and Cassie has her own doggie bed. We had a doggie bed for Hunter, but he didn't like it:shrug: He prefers a mattress:D

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Kita has a twin size bed in the spare room ( origionally for guests, but she took over) Complete with her very own feather pillow and fleece sheets, Bailey chills in there with her most of the night.
Meik, usually in our room, beside the bed on the floor, he doesnt like blankets or beds much, but used to enjoy the couch ( new couch dogs arent supposed to go on)
Puppy has a memory foam bed in the living room covered with a fleece Pooh bear blanket, sometimes a heating pad tucked under it. He would be allowed to sleep upstairs where ever he wanted but his legs dont allow that:sad:

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Kita has a twin size bed in the spare room ( origionally for guests, but she took over) Complete with her very own feather pillow and fleece sheets, Bailey chills in there with her most of the night.

Call the spca ! :yell: :rolleyes:

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I know , IM a bad bad dog mom:sad:

Tommysmom
January 28th, 2007, 08:12 PM
My pup has doggy beds, blankies, cushions... and he sleeps with me, LOL. He sleeps in his crate during the day while I work, and at night he's in my bed with me. I can't help it, I just love it way too much to give up! His bed is great for holding his toys, LOL.

jesse's mommy
January 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I voted for dog bed, dog blanket, dog pillow, and anywhere she wants, but I would also like to add her own queen size bed during the day, the sofa, the futon and our bed. :lovestruck:

Dogastrophe
January 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Jack and Lucy have a queen sized bed complete with duvet and pillows .... one of these days they will figure out how to get my wife and I off of 'their' bed.

breeze
January 28th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I thought if i got her a bed, blanket or pillow i could train her to sleep there instead of my couch, especialy when guest come over and to sleep in our room without her making such a fuss on which part of the floor to sleep on.

p.s. she can't sleep on my bed for 1 it is not big enough for three and it's a water bed. don't want to spring a leak lol

technodoll
January 28th, 2007, 09:06 PM
how about getting bree her own couch? http://www.mammothoutlet.com/designer-dog-beds.htm

http://www.mammothoutlet.com/images/xlcouch4nel.JPG

Prin
January 28th, 2007, 09:26 PM
On the bed, on the couch with pillows, on the bay window sill, anywhere they please! :D

x.l.r.8
January 28th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Being new to it all we brought a cheap bed from petsmart ($18) and Riley fits on it, he went straight to it after giving up trying to squeeze into the cat bed that had never been used (we had 3 cats so brough a huge bed/basket hoping they would snuggle up together) he liked it so much we got another for downstairs and he either uses that or the blanket on the couch, when ewe go visiting we grab the blanket and if we put in on the floor he lie's on that. Now Missy is here were not sure, she has taken to the futon in the bed living room, it's really old and was earmarked to be thrown out, however I think I'm going to cut it into sections and make a few dog beds out of the mattress, we still have covers left over from doing the sofa so I can have it matching :D

Byrd
January 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Mostly on the loveseat where she can stretch out by herself. Sometimes on the couch beside me, on the floor, my bed, on the bedroom floor, or occasionally in her kennel.

When I'm sleeping she is curled up against my back.

rainbow
January 28th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Wherever they want....our bed, the couch, the loveseat, dog pillow, blanket on floor, the spare bed. At night the lab loves to sprawl on our bed but the husky prefers the blanket on the floor.

mummummum
January 29th, 2007, 02:45 AM
On the waterbed, on the dog beds, on the couch, on the loveseat, on the floor, in the bathtub, name a place and it's been snoozed on. Dogz rule in this house, apparently my sole purpose is to ensure their comfort. :D

Dobb
January 29th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Kaya sleeps on my pillow above my head,,Princess is usually right in between us. By morning they are both curled up at bottom of the bed
Dobb

Lise
January 29th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Upstairs they have beds,Molly has a bed but prefers her crate with a blanket.Downstairs they have their couch which they have to share with the cats(unreasonable)Other than that they sleep wherever they want.Nell likes either the top or bottom of the stairs if I'm going up and down.

Skryker
January 29th, 2007, 05:14 PM
They have blankets of their own (one of which used to be mine :rolleyes: but I seem to have lost it) but they sleep on the couches, the living room floor with or without blankets, the hallway floor on the cool tiles, the computer room under my feet, under the kitchen table, on the bed or on the bedroom floor (with or without the pile of old comforters we put out for them). Depends on how many other bodies are occupying any given piece of furniture and how warm the dog in question is! I noticed that Dancer-cat has taken over one of the comforters in the bedroom lately-apparently it was curled up exactly right for her. :D

Boy, it's a good thing we don't spoil our pets, eh?

pitgrrl
January 29th, 2007, 06:14 PM
At my house the more appropriate question is where are the humans allowed to sleep?:laughing:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/pitgrrl/stonedbasilonthecouch.jpg
....and to think I bought a $150 dog bed :frustrated:

TMac
January 29th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I tried to take a pic for you of the last doggy bed I bought. But Sam is asleep on it and it's too dark. I got it at Costco for only $25.00. It's really fluffy, big enough for a large golden (Sam's overweight :sad: ) and has a zipper so you can put the cover in the washing machine. 3 years ago I got 2 at Walmart for $35-$40 and they were not half fluffy as this one. Rip off.

We got the Costco one too. Best dog pillow ever!!! :goodvibes:

Frenchy
January 29th, 2007, 08:25 PM
We got the Costco one too. Best dog pillow ever!!! :goodvibes:

I hope it stays fluffy for a long time :fingerscr

TMac
January 29th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I hope it stays fluffy for a long time :fingerscr

Yeah, mine is still very fluffy. Its the Costco one and we've had it for about 4 years now..:fingerscr