Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another BYB ?

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'm so sick of it. Been looking at some adds on a website and this is in my area. This lady has , get this ; Dogue de bordeaux,Schnauzers,Mini schnauzers,Beagles,Weimamers,Jack Russels,Chihuahuas,Teckles,Pinchers,Yorkshires,Wes t Higlands,German Shepards and Cattle dogs puppies. More than one litter for some breeds. I just e-mailed her saying I was interested to buy a Beagle puppy and ask her a few questions. Can't wait to see her reply ! :mad:

chico2
January 28th, 2007, 04:11 PM
WOW,probably another puppy-mill,not just a BYB with that many different dogs:evil:
Let us know what she says,it would be interesting if you were able to go and see the establishment and then report them..this kind of horror has to end!

EdwinBird
January 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM
That's too bad. If I were to ever breed (which I never will) I would want it to be somewhat enjoyable - I can't see having that many types of dogs as being anything but chaotic. I know it's overly dramatic (and simplistic!), but I can't help but picture dozens and dozens of dogs in tiny little cages.

I've got an embarrassing question, what does "BYB" stand for? At one point, I'm sure I knew, but I've forgotten.:o

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Aurghhh :mad: :yell: :frustrated: Seriously... talk about putting yourself in every possible dog market.:frustrated:

Why isnt it illegal to breed????? Unless you are fully licenced and proven to CARE about the puppies.:shrug:

(BYB = back yard breeder )

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 28th, 2007, 05:54 PM
sounds like a byb to me - I hope you get to go out there and then report her - be careful if you do. :) :sad:

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I just wish it were legal for someone to cage these people up and force them to concieve everytime they ovulated. Perhaps then they would understand how it felt.:frustrated:

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 06:03 PM
No news yet. I may ask to see the pups, I did ask if I could see the parents...and papers....maybe that's why she's not replying! :mad: But I have her name and phone number so I can find out her adress and drive by. (As in just drive by , not shoot her! :p )

rainbow
January 28th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Frenchy, take someone with you if you go. I think she needs to be reported. :mad: :sad: :frustrated:

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 06:32 PM
She is not listed :mad:

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Of course she isnt Frenchy... what ever would she do if one of her " guaranteed " pups fell ill and the owner tried to contact her! Easier to hide when you arent listed

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Her numbers are on the adds but I tried to get her adress with her name and the city. I would really like to go and see for myself.

dustybird
January 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Sure sounds like a puppy mill to me. Maybe even show the add to the local spca and see what they say, at least they would be aware of the possibility of yet another horrible,( words that can't be mentioned here) puppy mill. Good luck with finding out more info and be careful and as mentioned don't go alone. If you do go and see the place I would try to sneak some pics although you would have to be very sneaky, then again your word and the word of someone who is with you may be enough for a visit from the spca.

Prin
January 28th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah more of a mill than a byb... Too many dogs for a byb...

CyberKitten
January 29th, 2007, 05:53 PM
What about reverse lookup? Prob using a cell phone or unlisted number which riases questions.

Sounds like a byb to me - a credible breeder usually has all the info you need. Perhaps a woman who lives alone i na large city might not want her home address printed but still, even if she used an initial in the phone book, the number should be there.

It does not sound kosher tho, imho!

Frenchy
January 30th, 2007, 11:45 AM
She replied; sorry but all my Beagle puppies have been sold (not adopted but sold :mad: ) she kinda closed the door , did not answer any of my questions.

LL1
January 30th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a mill,and I am glad she did not say adopted,I use that term for rescue and shelter animals.