Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

anything?

beaglebrat1
January 28th, 2007, 12:03 PM
is there anything that can be given at home for diarrhea for a 7 month old basset hound? she has not lost appetite, is extremely active, and playful... it is Sunday and i will be taking her to the vet tomorrow... i have baytril 60 that i had for another dog, just not sure how much to give her. she weighs 34 lbs. this just started so any advice just for overnight relief will help alot!:fingerscr

RolandsMom
January 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Hi.
raw uncooked, unsweetened canned pumpkin is supposed to help as are quava leaves (although good luck finding those!). I wouldnt give him another dogs meds unless you talk to the vet first. are there not any 24 hr vet hospitals where you are? although im sure youve thought of that already. good luck!

mummummum
January 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
When you say she hasn't lost her appetite ~ I hope that doesn't mean you are continuing to feed her ? If you are, stop ~ you are just adding "fuel to the fire" so to speak. I don't recommend giving her another dog's meds

Golden Girls
January 28th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Add 4 cups of water to 1 cup rice. No tap water - give the drained rice water. You can boil a little mince meat and add to the rice for a good meal. It should hold until you can get to the vet. :fingerscr

Pike
January 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Welcome to pets.ca! Unfortunately, you will have to see your vet immediately for information regarding treatments, medications and health repercussions of your pet's condition. Advice cannot be given via the internet, and in keeping with pets.ca rules, this thread will now be closed. Please open a new thread if you wish to post an update on your pet's condition, as determined by a licensed professional.