Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You Know You Are A Dog Person When...

technodoll
January 28th, 2007, 12:44 AM
You have a kiddie wading pool in the yard, but no small children.

You have baby gates permanently installed at strategic places around the house, but no babies.

The waste basket is more or less permanently installed in the kitchen sink, to keep the dog out of it while you're at work.

You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are nose-prints all over the inside.

Poop has become a source of conversation for you and your significant other.

You refer to yourselves as Mommy and Daddy.

Your dog sleeps with you. You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but he understands.

You have little songs that you sing to your dog, and he always wags when you sing, even though you can't carry a tune.

Your dog eats cat poop, but you still let him kiss you (but not immediately afterward, of course).

You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't.

You carry dog biscuits in your purse or pocket at all times.

You talk about your dog the way other people talk about their kid.

You sign and send birthday/anniversary/Christmas cards from your dog.

You put an extra blanket on the bed so your dog can be comfortable.

You'd rather stay home on Saturday night and cuddle your dog than go to the movies with your boy/girlfriend

You go to the pet supply store every Saturday because it's one of the very few places that lets you bring your dog inside, and your dog loves to go with you.

You open your purse, and that big bunch of plastic bags you use for pick-ups pops out.

You get an extra-long hose on your shower-massage just so you can use it to wash your dog in the tub, without making the dog sit hip-deep in water.

You meet someone when out walking your dogs and you introduce your dogs first.

You and the dog come down with something like flu on the same day.

Your dog sees the vet while you settle for an over-the-counter remedy from the Chemist

Your dog is getting old and arthritic, so you go buy some wood and build him a small staircase so he can climb onto the bed by himself.

You don't think twice about trading licks of an ice cream cone with your dog.

You match your furniture/carpet/clothes to your dog.

All of your charitable donations go to dog-related and humane society groups.

You have your dog's picture on your office desk (but no one else's).

You lecture people on responsible dog ownership every chance you get.

You hang around the dog section of your local bookstore.

You skip breakfast so you can walk your dog in the morning before work.

You are the only idiot out walking in the pouring rain, but your dog needs his walk.

You don't go out for drinks with co-workers any more because you need to go home and see your dog.

Your parents refer to your pet as their granddog, remember his birthday, and send him greeting cards and gifts.

Your friend's dog acts as Best Dog at your wedding.

Your weekend activities are planned around taking your dog for a hike (both days).

You keep an extra water dish in your second-floor bedroom, in case your dog gets thirsty at night (after all, his other dish is way down on the first floor...).

Your freezer contains more dog bones than anything else.

You never completely finish a piece of steak or chicken (so your dog gets a taste, too).

You shovel a zig-zag path in the garden snow so your dog can reach all his favourite spots.

You avoid vacuming the house as long as possible because your dog is afraid of the vacum cleaner.

You keep eating even after finding a dog hair in your pasta.

You carry pictures of your dog in your wallet instead of pictures of your parents, siblings, significant other, or anyone else remotely human.

And the number one reason you know you're a dog person: you're on this web site reading doggie humour!

******I AM SO 150% A DOG PERSON! OMG! :eek: :D :lovestruck: ****

hazelrunpack
January 28th, 2007, 01:43 AM
You know you are a dog person when...

...you do the "dog-owner's dance" before entering anyone's home: balance on right foot, check left for poop; balance on left foot, check right foot for poop; okay, I can come in now! :D

Hunter's_owner
January 28th, 2007, 10:33 AM
You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are nose-prints all over the inside.

Your dog sleeps with you. You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but he understands.

You have little songs that you sing to your dog, and he always wags when you sing, even though you can't carry a tune.

You'd rather stay home on Saturday night and cuddle your dog than go to the movies with your boy/girlfriend

You go to the pet supply store every Saturday because it's one of the very few places that lets you bring your dog inside, and your dog loves to go with you.

You get an extra-long hose on your shower-massage just so you can use it to wash your dog in the tub, without making the dog sit hip-deep in water.

Your dog sees the vet while you settle for an over-the-counter remedy from the Chemist

You match your furniture/carpet/clothes to your dog.

You don't go out for drinks with co-workers any more because you need to go home and see your dog.

Your parents refer to your pet as their granddog, remember his birthday, and send him greeting cards and gifts.

Your weekend activities are planned around taking your dog for a hike (both days).

You never completely finish a piece of steak or chicken (so your dog gets a taste, too).

You shovel a zig-zag path in the garden snow so your dog can reach all his favourite spots.

You carry pictures of your dog in your wallet instead of pictures of your parents, siblings, significant other, or anyone else remotely human.

And the number one reason you know you're a dog person: you're on this web site reading doggie humour!

All of these apply:laughing: That's hilarious:D

~michelle~
January 28th, 2007, 10:39 AM
haha yes!!!! sooo true

mummummum
January 28th, 2007, 11:47 AM
...you know you are a dog person when you opt to go camping/cottaging for a vacation in order to include your dog(s) ~ of course you only go to spots with doggy beaches and great hiking trails. (ohhhh, if only there was cruiseship for doggy people:o )

Byrd
January 28th, 2007, 12:00 PM

I find these two the most hilarious because they apply to me and I always get shocked looks and scoffs because of them.

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Oh yes, all of those ! I do sing them a song after supper when they get their banana ; la banane des chiens heureux (real song is La ballade des gens heureux!) and I did found poop bags in my coat pocket this morning at the grocery store.

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM

This one I had to explain over and over again until they finally got it and stopped invinting me.

Dogastrophe
January 28th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I am guilty of most of these ... and damn proud of it!! :pawprint:

mummummum
January 28th, 2007, 12:29 PM
This one I had to explain over and over again until they finally got it and stopped invinting me.

Or on the odd occasion I do go out for after-work drinks I have to explain why I can't get there until 8 p.m. and yes, I really do have to leave at 10 p.m.

Byrd
January 28th, 2007, 12:34 PM
One that's really fitting for me: "You bemuse your co-workers because you have to leave work an hour early so that you can go to flyball practice, and you're so excited because you 'made the team'."

Dracko
January 28th, 2007, 05:06 PM
How about: You drive around and around when parking to go shopping to find a spot the dog will be able to see the door you go in to watch for you.

I do this ALL the time. :rolleyes: I always make sure Dracko has a good view from the vehicle so he can see where I go.

technodoll
January 28th, 2007, 05:47 PM
he he! looks like a few good ones need to be added to the long original list :D :thumbs up

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 06:47 PM
all apply to me.... :D Just kept chuckling when i read it.... thinking to myself..." so many of my friends just wont get this" :D

Try explaining to cashiers that the beef lung, beef heart, cow or pig liver, bone in lamb cubes, chicken backs, 10 lbs of hamburg, mackeral and salmon that you have just plopped on to the conveyor isnt for some funky caserole, its for your dogs.... and slide the can of soup in there ever so sneakily for yourself:D

TeriM
January 28th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Yep, I'm guilty of most of those :o :laughing: .

dmc123
January 29th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I love this post! I too, am guilty of many of those items :)

Diane

rainbow
January 29th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I am sooo guilty.....but wouldn't have it any other way. :lovestruck:

papillonmama
January 29th, 2007, 08:35 PM

Hey, if you stopped eating everytime you found one, you would have starved years ago.:D

Prin
January 29th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I'd be so skinny now if I stopped eating when I found a Boo hair...

But.. I don't share my ice cream. Ew. Not even with humans.:yuck: I don't want slobber on MY ice cream.

Ever wonder if the people who sit at your table after you leave the restaurant get your dog fur in their food too? :D

meb999
January 29th, 2007, 10:24 PM
ooo, all of those apply!!

you know you're a dog person when you get really excited about your dog having solid-poop and want to share the news with everyone (but you don't 'cause people already think you're nuts!)

Prin
January 30th, 2007, 12:01 AM
So if a person is, say, a boxer owner for life, why don't they install bathroom fans in every room to make living with boxer bombs more pleasant...:D (Sorry, but Boo is having a gassy night, and I thought maybe it was a good idea.:D)

technodoll
January 30th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Fruits & Passion sell this amazing "HOTdog Purifying Deodorizer", we got a bottle gifted to us at christmas (my little sister is a smart one! LOL) and I have to say, it kicks butt! hands-down beats Neutra-Air, Febreeze, Lysol, scented candles, etc. It smells wonderful and one very small pisshhh is all it takes, the fart smells disappear like magic! :highfive:

http://ca.fruits-passion.com/en/prod/fiche.asp?IDprod=350&IDcat=27&pageactive=1&enr=1&IDsous=

true story... i walked into the bedroom the other night and it smelled like the spray (and nothing else). both dogs were with me in the livingroom SOOO i knew who had make a stinky, eh? he he he boy did i get to tease hubby about that...

Peepmouse
January 30th, 2007, 12:22 AM
:laughing: :laughing: I can so relate to many of those!!
My Mom tells me that when other people start talking about their grandchildren, she pops up with "Well, we have 2 GRANDPUPPIES, and here are some pictures of them!":lovestruck: She's very proud of her grandpuppies.

Now I also know why I'm not losing any weight...I'm going to have to stop eating when I find a dog hair! :D That way I'll be fasting most of the time!:eek:

meb999
January 30th, 2007, 11:39 AM
:laughing: :laughing: I can so relate to many of those!!
My Mom tells me that when other people start talking about their grandchildren, she pops up with "Well, we have 2 GRANDPUPPIES, and here are some pictures of them!":lovestruck: She's very proud of her grandpuppies.

You're so lucky!! I can't talk to my mom about my dog too much, she's not a dog person and starts the eye-rolling early in the conversation!!:rolleyes:

mummummum
January 31st, 2007, 11:41 AM
So true, I was blessed with a mother who IMMEDIATELY took to Tai as her grandchild from Day 1 ~ even though I was in my early twenties. Make sure to "love-up" your Mum big-time for doing this for you ~ it truly is a gift that not everyone shares.

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 12:17 PM
my mom actually likes telling people she has "furry grandkids" :D yes i know i'm lucky :p

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 12:20 PM
the one about the cookies in the pocket. I think every jacket i own has cookies or food in them.

HunterXHunter
February 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
You have baby gates permanently installed at strategic places around the house, but no babies.

You open your purse, and that big bunch of plastic bags you use for pick-ups pops out.

You and the dog come down with something like flu on the same day.

You skip breakfast so you can walk your dog in the morning before work.

You are the only idiot out walking in the pouring rain, but your dog needs his walk.

You keep an extra water dish in your second-floor bedroom, in case your dog gets thirsty at night (after all, his other dish is way down on the first floor...).

You avoid vacuming the house as long as possible because your dog is afraid of the vacum cleaner.

That's me alright...

joeysmama
February 3rd, 2007, 10:27 AM
This is funny because it just hits home !! Especially the garbage ! In the kitchen the doors are kept closed with an old wooden spoon and it scratches up the cabinet every time we throw something out. And it's a real pain to unlatch them all the time. And in one bathroom the garbage is on the back of the toilet and in another it's in the bathtub and we don't use the downstairs bath becaue it's easier to walk upstairs than to worry about Cooper getting into trouble there.

I have a patch of excema that I haven't been to the doctor for even though it's taking over my face and the visit would be covered. I dont' want to pay the 20 dollar co-pay. But Cooper goes to the pricey vet for any little thing just because we don't take chances with his health.

And yesterday after I made the bed I had to unmake it and start over because of all these strange lumps which turned out to be fuzz butts stuffies that he managed to slip under the sheets during the night.:rolleyes:

doggy lover
February 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
You know your a dog person when ......you spend more on your pooch than your hubby at christmas:lovestruck:

PetFriendly
February 4th, 2007, 04:00 PM
... Your step-son gave you a sign saying "We gave away the Kids, the Dog was allergic" :p

technodoll
February 4th, 2007, 04:02 PM
"We gave away the Kids, the Dog was allergic"

aaaaaaaaaahahahahhaha! ROTFLMAO! :laughing:

PetFriendly
February 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I guess I should point out that my step-sons live with their Mom voluntarily :D

trippincherri
February 9th, 2007, 04:49 PM
A lot of those are very true for me too!
I do have a kiddie pool in the backyard in the summer because Shelby likes to stay cool on warm days, instead of treats in our pockets we have a whole rubbermaid container in the back of our vehicle full of toys and treats for when we take them on adventures.

My own mother loves my pets to death and tells everyone about how funny they are or other odd little stories, while my mother-in-law thinks we are completley whacked because we actually have framed pics of our pets in our house she says and I quote "It's like you think they're actually your kids,too weird."
THINK? Uhh ya lady they are my kids!
And as for the pics in your wallet comment....I have a pic of my dogs in my car tacked to my roof lol, close enough I guess!!!:laughing:
And yes all of the kids have weird names we call them,hardly ever their REAL name but they respond so thats all that matters he he.:p