Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ummm? I think Im too honest sometimes....

erykah1310
January 27th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I had an enquiry about my danger ranger... and the guy wanted "more information" so... this is what i sent him....
I think i may have said way too much:o

Sure thing...
Im going to type everything that I had done for mechanical last year.

Windshield
Plate light
2 rear brake cables
Radius arm bushing ( I dont know what that is?)
Front and rear shocks
Cab mounts (2 front, right rear)
Brake lines
Drivers door handle and pins
right rear wheel cylinder
left inner tie rod

After that... a new clutch,thermostat,coil ( I believe)
oil pan, rear end cap thing ( started leaking) were also changed.
**Everything put in was new, not from a wreaking yard **( I prefer new parts)

The brakes themselves I think may need to be changed, I dont recall having them done. They still work fine, however the power steering pump needs to be replaced.
As far as km's... I believe there is approx 200 000 ish ( could be other truck milage though) I'll have to check tomorrow when its daylight for you. Regardless, it runs great.
No holes in the body, however, surface rust is starting around wheel wells and hood. The tail gate needs new cables ( one snapped)
Wiper motor has bad days sometimes... there is no more delay but "low" works. ( Probly will have to be changed eventually)
I cant think of anything else to say about it, I had origionally planned on keeping the truck for use in the summer when going to camp but the probability of me ever using it again is slim to none.
If there is anything else you would like to know, feel free to ask!

Either the guy is gonna be scared running... or he will buy it:pray: hope he buys it!!!:fingerscr

:D

mummummum
January 27th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Yup ~ definitely a case of TMI Erykah.
Kiddo ~ are you SURE you want to sell it ??? Cuz you're telling "me" every reason why I shouldn't buy it.:rolleyes:

erykah1310
January 27th, 2007, 07:57 PM
lol, im not sure! :o

Dogastrophe
January 27th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Having bought a quite a few used vehicles over the past 20 years, I am always happiest with my purchases when the present owner can give me a list of everything they have done to it over a year or so. At least you know what you are getting. I once had a guy list off every bulb that he had replaced in his car (he even had all the receipts for them)

erykah1310
January 27th, 2007, 07:59 PM
:o I have all the reciepts too:laughing: plan on sending them all off as well... everything is under warranty!:shrug:

wdawson
January 27th, 2007, 08:05 PM
is the washer fluid topped up....:D

trippincherri
January 27th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Ha ha erykah I just sold my 1st car this summer and I too told the guy EVERYTHING about it lol. I thought for sure he would run away scared but he wanted it.
I figured what the heck I may as well be honest with him, since I don't want him getting it home and then cursing me out because somethings not functioning properly and I neglected to mention it!

erykah1310
January 27th, 2007, 08:10 PM
is the washer fluid topped up....:D

:eek: NO!!
I should email him back!:D

Prin
January 27th, 2007, 09:19 PM
but the probability of me ever using it again is slim to noneThat's the only thing I would have left out. You'll get more for it if it's something you like and want to keep.

I'm too honest too... I'm hoping one day it'll pay off.:o Makes job interviews hard... :D

hazelrunpack
January 27th, 2007, 11:07 PM
When I saw the title my first thought was "uh-oh, what kind of trouble is erykah in now" :D Not so much after all! he he he

I prefer too much information to not enough when I'm buying a car--and to get that much detail about a car I was interested in would be phenomenal! I hate to be surprised... :D

RolandsMom
January 27th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I agree. I think the more information the better! and ide rather know from the start what im in for! at least that way you know what to expect. Honesty is a virtue not a weakness! :thumbs up good job!!

LynLyn
January 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I sold my dad's car (his request) for him. The guy that bought it asked why was it priced so low, and I told him it was priced low because it was a piece of crap. He actually took it!! (he was a mechanic so it wasn't an issue for him). i was so surprised!

rainbow
January 28th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I think honesty is the best policy because I believe that what goes around, comes around. :o

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I just hate feeling like I have ripped someone off... I sold my trusty sunbird.. (picture of the beauty attached :D ) my ad said " get it out of my yard... make a reasonable offer" the next day someone was here and offered $100 for it...:eek: I was floored! It was no more than a piece of CRAP... No muffler, no shocks, 240 000 kms ( on a 4 banger) I really would have just been happy to give it... but hey hundred bucks is a hundred bucks... the real kicker... I sold it because i thought for sure it was going to blow at any time... but I still see it in Sudbury from time to time... the guy was talking to Guy one day ( Guy had to know if it was the same car so he went and asked the guy) The new owner of the car laughs at the fact he got it for $100 and it needed a muffler, shocks and brakes for mechanical:shrug:

erykah1310
February 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Whoo hoo!!! I sold the Danger Ranger today!!!!http://bestsmileys.com/happy/5.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/expressions/10.gif

Hunter's_owner
February 11th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Congrats Erykah:thumbs up

rainbow
February 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Great news, Erykah :highfive: ....did you sell it to the guy that inquired about it in your first post?

erykah1310
February 11th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Nope sold it to another guy... he called on Friday and we tried to call him back and only got ahold of him today... he came and saw it ( he was just about to go put a deposit on another one like mine) and mine was actually in better shape than the other one.
It leaves on Saturday of next week!!!
He even agree'd to keep its name LOL, Danger Ranger!! He loved it:laughing:

rainbow
February 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Awesome. :D

OntarioGreys
February 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM
:o I have all the reciepts too:laughing: plan on sending them all off as well... everything is under warranty!:shrug:

Warranties for service parts are only good as long as you own the car, they are non transferable to the new owner, though good to prove the work was done, and maybe the odd place may honor a warranty just prevent a bad reputation, but not too many these days

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 09:52 PM
:highfive: Great that you sold it!

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2007, 11:37 PM
That's great, erykah! Congrats! :highfive:

erykah1310
February 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Warranties for service parts are only good as long as you own the car, they are non transferable to the new owner, though good to prove the work was done, and maybe the odd place may honor a warranty just prevent a bad reputation, but not too many these days

Just manufacturer warranties for the parts, not the labour. They never asked me any information what so ever upon purchasing them...

But... It leaves Friday!!! Already been paid for so im happy!!! I got a good chunk of my money back off it, not all, but thats rediculous to expect to get it all, especially since its broken right now.