Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Guinness and Sandburg

Kristin7
January 27th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Let's see if I have this figured out... if it works, these are pics of my dog Guinness (black) and his neighbour buddy Sandburg (Golden retriever)

Kristin7
January 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
and one more...

Prin
January 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Very cute!! Do you know what breed your doggy is/might be? I'd guess newf x border collie...:o

Kristin7
January 27th, 2007, 03:19 PM
They are so in love...

Thanks, Prin! No, I am not sure of his breed background as I rescued him from a shelter. He's got black spots on his tongue and tail curls up some, so maybe part Chow? His face does sort of remind me of Newf, or maybe lab or Flat coated retriever. He does like water, and will go swimming. He sniffs A LOT, so he must be picking up some good scents. Other ideas people come up with are spaniel and Aussie. He doesn't seem to have much in the way of herding dog in the way he acts though. He's got a big bark for his barely 50 lbs but rarely uses it. I just don't know, it's interesting to think about though.

Kristin7
January 27th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Here's a close up of his face, if that helps. I'm still trying to figure out this pic thing... I'll have to get some better ones but the animals move so fast!

Kristin7
January 27th, 2007, 03:37 PM
This one's better I think...

Prin
January 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Aw, he looks like my newf x fosterpuppies....

Frenchy
January 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM
He's got black spots on his tongue

2 out of my 3 goldens (1 is at the rainbow bridge) had/has black spotted tongues. Whatever breed he is, he looks very cudly :cloud9:

Kristin7
January 27th, 2007, 05:24 PM
awwww!!! Cute pups, Prin!! I want one :cloud9: You're right, he does look like them. Never know, there are Newfs around here.

Frenchy, he did have a golden colored sibling, so who knows, maybe he is part Golden! Maybe that would explain why he loves his big blonde buddy so much. :love:

He does a lot of face licking in addition to the other traits mentioned.

mummummum
January 28th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Very handosme doggies ! And I'll throw my hat in the ring with Newf & Lab. This is Declan ~ he's a Newf-Border Collie.

Kristin7
January 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Oh, Declan is a great looking dog, and I can certainly see the Border Collie part! Interesting mix. My last dog was surely a mix of BC as she had so many of the mannerisms (like the famous BC 'eye'). I would post more pics of her but I didn't have a digital camera back then (see Sydney in the Pet Cemetary under my name). This one, I don't see that in him, but maybe Aussie. The shelter thought he was Chow and Aussie. And I do see possibly Newf. He has a big dog's face and the body of a medium sized dog. He's very sweet, whatever he is! :cloud9: