Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cat talks too much!

kathryn
January 27th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Hehe.. I was just wondering if anyone else has a cat that talks... My tuxedo cat Socks will litterly hold a conversation with people. She says 'words' and tons of gibberish.

She mainly says 'Moo-Moo'(hence her nickname) 'Foooood' 'Yeahh' and 'Okayyy'. It's weird. If she comes over and says 'Fooood' she obviously wants a can of food... so I walk to the kitchen and pick up a can and she'll say 'Yeahhhh'

I have some video footage of it. I really should upload and post it :P

The vet called it 'Chirping' because she squeaks in a way. It's soo weird.

She talks to other cats too. And sometimes she talks to herself in the mirror.

Anyone else have a cat like this? I can sit there and be like 'Hey socks whats up?' and she will respond to everything. I've never heard of another cat actually holding a conversation with people.

Old video of a conversation we had. (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1488486588)
I was meowing back but she will respond to regular words too like "Want some food?" "Want a treat?"

CyberKitten
January 27th, 2007, 06:27 AM
I have 4 of them, lol - Granted 2 are Siamese so that does not count. They are all avid conversationalists and invent new words (esp YY - my Seal Point meezer) every day, lol I rather like having cats who are chatty and want to communicate with you all the time. The other 2 are Sphynx and since the lilttle Seal Point is the alpha of the group, I think thwey all want to be like her whether they are meezers are not.

Our newest is a rescue kitty and he was quiet when he arrived but he is starting to talk a blue streak - pun intended given he is a blue point - now.

RolandsMom
January 27th, 2007, 11:11 AM
oh my goodness. my kitten was fairly quiet for the first month (wild but quiet) and now he doesnt stop. mostly i think its because he is obsessed with going outside (he only gets to go outside on a leash or supervised for half hours at a time for now) , but he is definately very responsive to talking from us. it started after he was neutered and now he is rarely quiet. hes especially vocal when you tell him 'no' if hes doing something he shouldnt do. I put him on the floor off the table and say no and he looks at me over his sholder, twitches his tail and tells me exactly what he thinks of my descision (and i know if i understood what he was saying i wouldnt approve of his language!)

papillonmama
January 27th, 2007, 02:08 PM
That's so cute, I wish my cats would meow like yours, she sounds like a kitten, mine sound like garfield before the neighbors would start throwing their alarm clocks, this low guttural noise, their idea of music :rolleyes: .
They also trick me a lot, they always make it sound like my kids calling me, mommm, mommm.

Silly kitties.

They are also obsessed with the great outdoors, so if I touch them after I've said no to them they'll very quickly lick the spot that I touched on them, like they're saying, "ugh, why must that vile woman touch me? I can't stand it when she says no." But, then they get over it and they'll curl up on the couch with me again. Oh how fickle is the heart of kitty.:lovestruck:

RolandsMom
January 27th, 2007, 03:51 PM
yes hes great. (hes a he, Roland) and hes 5 months old. mostly his talking is cute but sometimes he just complains too much! there are definately a different types of talks. When hes mad, frustrated or just chatting are very different. I wish i could understand cat cause i think Roland would be pretty funny. hes got some serious teenage like attitude at times but is terribly loving mostly.:)

chico2
January 27th, 2007, 05:09 PM
My Rocky is quiet a talker and I keep telling hubby Rocky says mama when he wants treats,it's more like wawa,but it's good enough for me:lovestruck:
My Vinnie has a really quiete soft meow you can hardly hear him,Chico too unless it's 11:30 at night when I want to sleep and he wants to play:evil:

kathryn
January 29th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Hehee. My cat just talk all the time. She makes weird noises too, If you touch her she will make a HMPH noise. It's really cute... shes not in pain or anything shes just so prissy she makes a funny noise. If shes asleep and you poke her she makes a really long MEEWWWWWWWW noise.

Right now she wants out of my room so shes like "mooo moooo MEOWWW"

It's so awesome :P

jiorji
January 29th, 2007, 12:39 AM
hahahahah so cute!! i love the squeaky voice. One of my cats got really bothered by that video. Tail got puffed up and she started searching around for the "intruder" cat haha

my other cat meows back when i say her name or when i ask her if she's ready for her dinner:D