Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Corgi favoring hind leg.

MorganaDark532
January 27th, 2007, 12:50 AM
My 1 year old Corgi is favoring her left hind leg after jumping off of a chair. when I rotated the leg, she expressed no pain. She did not whimper, whine, or nip at my hand. The leg seems to have full range of motion. I had no trouble moving it. None of the bones feel broken. It doesn't seem like she is in any pain. What could it be? Could it just be a sprain or muscle strain? Is there anything I can do to help her out at home? The vets in my area are not open on the weekends and there was recently a roof collapse at the emergency vet, rendering the clinic closed until the cleanup and repair are complete.

Thanks ahead of time for the advise!

Stacy/Foxa

mummummum
January 27th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Dogs are stoic ~ they don't tend to express pain because that will mean they are food (prey) for another creature.

If you absolutely cannot get to a Vet until Monday.... stop trying to rotate your dog's leg and alternate icing with a heating pad every 1/2 hour hour and try to keep her still. It could be a strain but, if it doesn't clear in a day or two or she develops other symptoms you need to see a Vet ASAP.

MorganaDark532
January 29th, 2007, 05:04 PM
After walking on it she's better. Its like she never hurt it in the first place. She "walked it off" herself.