Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pug BYB

Mahealani770
January 26th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Ok, so most of you know that I lost my pug in a housefire and I've been thinking about getting another one. Well, either an English Bulldog or a Pug and I think I've decided on a pug :cloud9:

I have tried adopting a pug through the pug rescue down here in Georgia and believe me when I tell you that it's easier to adopt a child from China than it is to get a pug from these people. So, I may have to go the Breeder route.
Anyway, I decided to start browsing through some Pug breeders' websites. I get to this one site and there's adorable pictures of Pug puppies, but no mention of any titles or championships from the parents. So, I decided to email. In my first email, I asked the lady if her Pugs came from championship lineage. She responded with "Yes, some of them do".
So then I emailed back,
"Thank you. Do you have the dams and sires on site? Also, I didnít see any info about titles on your website. Did I miss it?" (<-That was sarcastic because at this point I had a feeling she was a BYB :evil:)
Sooo..how about she responds with this...

"I mostly sell to pet homes. Most people do not care about "titles". I do not list them on my site, but do have pedigrees. Are you looking for a pet, or for a pug to breed or show?" LMAO...WHAT a BYB!!!

Ok, so now I'm ready to tear into her about preserving the lineage of blah blah blah...and that BYBing is blah blah blah.... but I need to know what to say to her so that I sound REALLY informed..lol I am informed, but I don't know the exact verbiage that I should be using with this lady, especially about championships and titles and all that. Can I get some help with setting this twit straight please? :pray:
Thanks!
~M~
P.S. She wants $650.00 for her pugs, by the way :frustrated:

erykah1310
January 26th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Number 5 definately fits this "breeder"http://www.heroswaggintrain.com/bybreed_pm_book.htm

Im not sure what info to arm you with, but we both know there will be some great responses here....

All I can think of...I mostly sell to pet homes. Most people do not care about "titles". I do not list them on my site, but do have pedigrees. Are you looking for a pet, or for a pug to breed or show?"
no mention of health clearances , I would state that I want to be sure that my future puppy wont have genetic health problems bred into it

OntarioGreys
January 28th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Rescues do ask a lot of questions and it is like adopting a child but a 4 legged one and definitely not as hard as adopting a child of china, I know some who did ;)
Rescues are looking after the best interests of the dog, so when they ask questions, it is to provide them with an idea of what dog will best fit within you family, even a good breeder will want detailed info on you before deciding whether you can purchase from them. ;)

Have you checked any of the ones on Petfinder.com ? there is a few listed

Frenchy
January 28th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Have you check out the humane society in your area ? Even if they don't have one now you could maybe leave your name with them and ask to be contacted when they receive one. And keep calling them too, so they won't forget you.