Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

omg, TYRA is FAT!

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, and? She gained 30 pounds since retiring from modelling... So that makes her... uhh.. NORMAL. :rolleyes:

All the pics show is that supermodels are not skinny under normal living conditions and I don't know what is so surprising about that.:confused:

What IS surprising is how a victoria's secret model ends up with a suit like that! :yuck:

jiorji
January 24th, 2007, 07:19 PM
no she's not fat...it's just the odd shape of her body. Notice how her face is normal looking but her hips are huge?? Also her wrists are tiny and her ankles. SHe just has an odd body that looks bad when she's not at a certain weight

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 07:22 PM
LOL like me! :D I've got the small face, small wrists, and ankles.. Every gram of fat I gain goes straight to my a**! :rolleyes:

~michelle~
January 24th, 2007, 07:27 PM
i say you go tyra..... so many years of trying to stay ideal, as long as your healthy rock on and live life

heidiho
January 24th, 2007, 07:30 PM
go to people.com they have her on there new cover and she looks fine.This whole tabloid thing is a joke and to me bad for women or girls,she looks great.You just cant win,to skinny to fat to skinny to fat,my god no wonder they all look like sticks .They gain a few pounds and there fat.crazy,and horrible to me.

jiorji
January 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Gisele Budnchen said that anorexia is the parents' fault not the fashion industry's

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

heidiho
January 24th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Isnt that the funniest,unbelieveable,i am 37 and i dont even think i look that good comapred to what it seems like you are supposed to look like and weigh.I couldnt imagine being a young girl nowadays.......

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 07:57 PM
We should be like Italy and BAN the skinny supermodel! :yell:

Frenchy
January 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
We should be like Italy and BAN the skinny supermodel! :yell:

I heard about that. If they are too skinny , they can't do the runway. :thumbs up

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I would so love it if on America's Next Top Model, we'd hear, "Sorry, you're pretty, honey, but you just don't have enough... BOUNCE!" :D :highfive:

technodoll
January 24th, 2007, 09:16 PM
well her nose used to be fat, before the plastic-surgeon diet :D

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/39/2594/400/tyra1.jpg

jiorji
January 24th, 2007, 09:19 PM
i hate when celebrities lie. THere's this interview with Demi Moore ranting on and on about how it was so hard for her to get the perfect body and she'd stress about it and obsess about working out and she says that she learned to accept it and went on a healthy diet and then when she least expected it, she achieved the perfect figure.
WHy lie?? we all know she's had TONS of surgery. She looks friggin 20!!

Don't they get embarassed about lieing so much?

technodoll
January 24th, 2007, 09:21 PM
ooo check out www.goodplasticsurgery.com :D

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Love how they notice Courtney Cox's lips but not her nose...:confused:

technodoll
January 24th, 2007, 09:35 PM
check out the sidebar... it's all there :D :crazy:

Dad of Dog's
January 24th, 2007, 09:39 PM
That backfired. It doesn't even look like her. It looks like someone that may be considered a look a like but doesn't seem to be her weight gain or not. Even if it is who cares but I would assume that if it is her it has come from some tabloid that spent too much time in photoshop.

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I can't get those to work for me for some reason. :frustrated: :o

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 09:42 PM
There, now it worked. :rolleyes: I don't believe the Salma Hayek one... A good birth control + a good stylist can work wonders for you.:D

technodoll
January 24th, 2007, 09:49 PM
eeeeeeeeek! the dark side!!!

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/

man this is scary, LOL! :laughing:

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I don't understand why on that "good plastic surgery" site, they seem so surprised... Heidi Klum and Gisele have fake breasts! NO WAY! :rolleyes: Because it's soooo natural for a toothpick of a woman to have C-cups.:laughing:

technodoll
January 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM
OMGaaawd! google "jocelyn wildenstein".... both text and google images... i think i'm gonna be ill! some people have "problems"....

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Do I want to? Is she one of the surgery addicts? Because they look terrible.

Gwen Stefani seems to be completely redone, eh?
http://www.goodplasticsurgery.com/archives/005066.html

jiorji
January 24th, 2007, 10:10 PM
lol this is ridiculous. They have Kirsten Dunst there for a hair piece, you click on teh photo and woooo she's in character!! It was done for a movie!! lol
some people really have nothing better to do :shrug: lol

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 10:11 PM
lol And some are obvious too. Like Lindsay Lohan had a boob reduction- well, yeah, if you lose all your body fat, chances are you'll lose your chest too. If you don't, well, you're some sort of mutant.

technodoll
January 24th, 2007, 10:21 PM
anything to amuse the public :D

Rick C
January 25th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Thank you for giving red blooded boys everywhere an opportunity to post one of the great Sports Illustrated cover shots of all time on a message board that is 85% female . . . . . this is for the boys . . . . Tyra Banks and no, I don't think she's never really fit the mold of the anorexic runway model.

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Tyra-Banks-About-Her-First-Encounter-With-Naomi-Campbell-2.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Scott_B
January 25th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah, no doubt those first pics are fake. And I say that because you can find fat pictures of pretty much any celeb online. Just media crap. :evil:

technodoll
January 25th, 2007, 09:09 AM
rick that photo is sooooo retouched, redone, it's got no resemblance to any human female form, unfortunately... but men still fall for it :D

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM
U can't have that size of boobs and be that skinny, and look that goodwithout something being redone !

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 25th, 2007, 09:41 AM
http://www.people.com/people

she is 5.10 and 161 pounds - which is within normal weight range for her height - I dont think she looks fat now - she is probably healthier then before at 130 pounds. :)

Rick C
January 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM
rick that photo is sooooo retouched, redone, D

Uh, no . . . . .

In her day, that's the figure she had . . . . roughly age 20. It's not like I'm stalking her but its not difficult to find non-studio shots or video to confirm that.

It's amusing that women would find it difficult to give her her due . . . . it shouldn't be difficult to admit that there are some truly beautiful women in this world even as we concede those same women shouldn't be used as some sort of role model indicating the "norm."

Obviously she and others like her are genetic oddities.

Strangely, as you're aware, Tyra Banks herself would be the first to tell you that.

These days, well, I hope she gets pleasantly plump and enjoys her life.

EDIT: Banks says she's going to wear her holiday bathing suit on her show. She says she's weighed 131 pds when she was modelling and is now 161.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/01/25/tyra_banks_fights_fat_reports/

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

technodoll
January 25th, 2007, 10:57 AM
rick... you need to wake up and smell the coffee, LOL :D

EVERY SINGLE model photo published in ANY magazine these days is retouched and redone. it's just the business, it's the way it is. wanna see how it's done? clever, doesn't have to be dramatic changes but... yeah. retouched all the way, no matter how beautiful the original photo is :shrug:

http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/digital.html

http://www.newfaces.com/shop/digital-photo-enhancement.php

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14537

...examples abound, just a question of looking for it :)

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 11:02 AM
do you think that if we rolled a mouse over or bodies it would do the same thing. my leg could use retouching lol :laughing:

technodoll
January 25th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Gimme that mouse RIGHT NOW! :laughing: :D

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Me first !!;)

Rick C
January 25th, 2007, 11:16 AM
rick... you need to wake up and smell the coffee, LOL :D

EVERY SINGLE model photo published in ANY magazine these days is retouched and redone. it's just the business, it's the way it is. wanna see how it's done? clever, doesn't have to be dramatic changes but... yeah. retouched all the way, no matter how beautiful the original photo is :shrug:

http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/digital.html

http://www.newfaces.com/shop/digital-photo-enhancement.php

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14537

...examples abound, just a question of looking for it :)

You're missing what I said . . . . .

You came along and said that wasn't Tyra Banks figure at age 20 . . . . and for that I'm laughing since clearly it was her figure via any number of examples both published and impromptu from that time period.

I never said photo's weren't airbrushed.

In any event, that's pretty much irrelevant unless you're going to say someone photoshopped Tyra Banks head onto someone else's body in that Sports Illustrated cover.. . . . . which, in itself, would be a tacit admission that such bodies do indeed exist.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

technodoll
January 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
then rick, it was a misunderstanding. i never said it wasn't her... i just said that photo was retouched and redone, ie airbrushed, body-ratios corrected, etc. let's not even get into to her fake boobs :D

i too think she's beautiful, no matter her weight. But i don't think any human being, man or woman, can be that "perfect" in real life. you wipe off the body makeup, you let the hair grow, you skip the gym sessions for a few weeks, you skip the hairdresser and makeup artist... :clown:

Prin
January 25th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Even Tyra laughs at how much they do. She showed the differences on her show. She showed how they made a girl with a big booty all of a sudden have "normal" supermodel-sized hips and hiney.

No doubt Tyra probably had a better body than most of us, but the model in that pic has a better body than Tyra ever did.;)

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I would just like to see some models that are real and no touchups on the cover of a magazine, and see how many they would sell

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 12:54 PM
ok this is my version of airbrushing :thumbs up

heidiho
January 25th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I read her interview and those pics are not retouched,she said it was a bad angle they used,and i am sure lots of photos are retouched,but when you watch a fashion show,those chicks are skinny skinny.It is just sad that they media does this and calls tyra banks who looks great,fat..I just find it shocking and they wonder why girls starve themselves and what not....so sad

Prin
January 25th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I feel bad for man #2- they didn't airbrush him in enough abs. :sad:

Prin
January 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Ibut when you watch a fashion show,those chicks are skinny skinny.I'm sure before a big runway show, it's like before a wrestling match, only instead of laxatives and starvation, it's heroin, over-exercising and starvation...

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 01:00 PM
do you ever wonder why that it is mostly women who turn to eating disorders and men don't. they end up just working out twice as much or just don't give a dam.

Prin
January 25th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Eating disorders in men has been on the rise for some time now. Nobody's immune to the skinny image.:sad:

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 01:12 PM
no but it is not talked about as often. and the thing is once you have a eating disorder it stays with you for life.

heidiho
January 25th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I agree i could only imagine what goes on backstage befor a show.I am sorry but i just dont buy the whole"i was born that way",take nicole ritchie,as a former user,the whole story of how she went to the doctor to see why she couldnt gain weight is crap.You just cant get that skinny without the help of something,and with there $$$$$ i would bet it is drugs.That was the only way i ever got so skinny so fast......I am happy i dont have kids in this day and age especially girls,i dont think i would ever let them near a tv,or magazine rack.

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Heidiho, it's not just about t.v. or magazines it is about control. When you look in the merrior and all you see is fat then that is what you want to control.when they think they can't control anything except their eating that is when it becomes dangerious. The magazines and t.v. does help it is a sickness.

heidiho
January 25th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I am not sure i understand,about the control and when like i would look in the mirror.And i fully think it has gotten way out of control on tv and media,and i cant really say much because i watch it,and here at work it is a very slow job so i see it on the internet all day.And as sad as it is think to myself that i am overweight and i also think wow is that what we are supposed to look like!!

Scott_B
January 25th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Thats exactly it. Its about control. Well said breeze. You sound like you may have experienced this with someone close to you. I know i have, and it is an extremly difficult thing to over come. But with time, and the right help, they can get through it.

jiorji
January 25th, 2007, 01:41 PM
ok this is my version of airbrushing :thumbs up
haha they ran out of oil for the last guy

so am i the only female on here that thinks those guys aren't really hot?? First thing i can think of is "ok but I wonder what comes out of their mouths" and it's not always true but some men who look like that can only get as far in a conversation as "yeah so i went to this party and there were these chicks and i got sooooo wasted and i don't remember but i think i banged all of them! then the next morning i had the biggest hangover and then I went to my buddy's house and he bought new rims for his car. AWESOME! dude! they spin when you stop!!" LOL

:laughing: :laughing: sorry I couldn't help it.

but of course you can have nice looking men with abs like....say......Orlando Bloom who's SO smart when he talks :cloud9: haha i wish

heidiho
January 25th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Ok maybe i am having a blonde moment ,do you mean you control your thoughts of what you see when you look in the mirror???

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 01:43 PM
yes scott with the right hepl but it will always stay with you . you really never grow out of it you just learn to deal with it very well. and yes i do know someone with this problem

jiorji
January 25th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Ok maybe i am having a blonde moment ,do you mean you control your thoughts of what you see when you look in the mirror???

control to accept your body and not think "but i want to have the body in that magazine instead". LOok at pictures and say "ok well that's nice but i KNOW they don't look like that in real life." and move on

heidiho
January 25th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Thank you.,Yeah that is totally correct,i agree,but sometimes it is hard,for me anyway,i just saw this article on cnn. "Never too thin? Fashion gives weight to anorexia claims"
Fashion industry in France, Italy, U.S., UK address impact of ultra-thin models
Critics say stick-thin images contribute to eating disorders in young women
Italy, Spain, Brazil take steps to keep very underweight models off catwalk
Adjust font size:
PARIS, France (Reuters) -- The powerful fashion federations of France, Italy, the United States and Britain have decided to address the controversy over ultra-thin models, the French body said on Thursday.

The fashion industry has been widely attacked for promoting the kind of stick-thin images which critics say contribute to eating disorders in young women and some countries have taken cautious measures to bring more weight onto the catwalks.

The Madrid fashion industry barred models below a certain body mass from Madrid fashion shows in September and organizers of New York's fashion shows this month issued guidelines to tackle the problem, although stopping short of banning them.

"All actors concerned must get involved in the matter of information," France's fashion federation said on Thursday, adding delegates from Italy's, Britain's and America's fashion bodies had discussed the issue jointly at talks on Wednesday.

"La Federation de la Couture, la Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, the British Fashion Council ... decided to participate in this reflection, in liaison with respective public authorities."

The federation did not give any details on the form of cooperation.

The French industry group had agreed to hold talks with the French Health Ministry on the issue, it added.

The head of the French fashion federation, Didier Grumbach, said earlier this week Paris would not take extra measures to ban ultra-skinny models from catwalks because its rules on their health were already strict.

"We must be attentive and inform young women but not regulate even more," Grumbach said on the sidelines of a haute couture show in Paris on Monday.

How do images of stick-thin models affect girls?
France's health minister has said he wants a working group to assess the impact that images of skinny models have on young women.

The fashion world has been debating the issue of ultra-thin models, with many designers and models shrugging off concern that they encourage eating disorders in girls and young women.

Italy's government and its fashion chiefs have signed a pact aimed at keeping models who appear sickly thin off the catwalk by requiring them to prove they are in good health.

Brazil has also launched a campaign to ban underage, underweight models from its catwalks in response to the death of a Brazilian model from complications due to anorexia.

Brazilian model Ana Carolina Reston was 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighed only 88 pounds when she died.

jiorji
January 25th, 2007, 01:56 PM
well no heidi it's normal to feel that way. We all do. But the media is vicious and it KNOWS where to hit us to make us feel worthless and pathetic looking standing next to a model.

Dude i've been to Paris and accidentally walked through a photo shoot (lol)...it wasn't even obvious that tehy were photographing this model chick...but I walked through accidentally and i got all giddy after. "i've been in the presence of a haute couture fashion photo op!!:crazy: woohoo" LOL

but the stick thin model i think emerged from the fashion sketches designers do. Because they look at the sketch and they think," ok we need this kind of person to create the same illusion in the drawing". And they're just overly stretched out sketches. I'd like to see a designer draw a perfectly anatomically correct figure. THEY CAN"T!! So this won't change unless designers draw proper figures that don't have on paper 10 inch legs with 2 inch torso attached :shrug:

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I do agree about models causing anarexia in young girls but it is also a disorder of the brain and no matter what we say and do about the models there will still be a problem in eating disorders. they say we are our own worst critic and what you see through your own eyes makes a big difference.
if we don't like something we are going to change it, weither it will be a good way or bad.

jiorji
January 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I do agree about models causing anarexia in young girls .

so where are the parents?? the guardians?!?!
why don't parents spend time with their daughters and explain "ok that isn't real, don't do that to yourself..do you want to die?!?" :shrug:

when I was in highschool they played us this documentary about annorexic girls. It was disgusting! They spent a whole week explaining to us that things like that are wrong and models aren't healthy.

It's sad because the media makes us think things that aren't real and it would help so much if many teen girls were educated to know the truth

Scott_B
January 25th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Agreed. Many of these people will be sick, in bed because they've lost so much weight, but still consider themselves fat in their mind. And many times its not even weight related. ie loosing a family member, so they start to exercise to take their mind off it. They feel that they cant control whats going on in the world like loosing the family member, but they can control the exercise and what they eat, so they over do it trying to block things instead of working through them. Its all about trying to feel like they're in control.

jiorji
January 25th, 2007, 02:05 PM
but it is also a disorder of the brain and no matter what we say and do about the models there will still be a problem in eating disorders.

we all have our own way of dealing with things...some ways are more fatal :sad:

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
It has alot to do with the parents, they can become to controlling and you know teenage girls don't listen to the parent anyway they listen to the media they think they can controll the only thing they see, their weight and no one can stop them. it can go to far and in some cases you can't get out in other cases it is an chemical inbalance.

I never seen that video in high school,

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 02:24 PM
we are talking about models and media has anyone looked at the sites for "the ideal weight for your height and build"? that is not realistic honestly.
they are to blame also.

papillonmama
January 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
IMO the news has a lot to do with causing frenzies in people, "there's an obesity epidemic." Then all of a sudden someone sees something that's not really there, just because it's been told to you by someone that you thought you could trust. There are many cases of women ruining themselves with plastic surgery because they never feel that their image is worthy. No matter how gorgeous they are. People should start telling each other how gorgeous they are, just the way that they are. There's too much emphasis on perfection, what's perfect anyways?

Hey everyone, I don't know you, but you're gorgeous just as you are.:love:

breeze
January 25th, 2007, 02:44 PM
maybe it will be contagious lets give it a try,
I like you just the way you are.

technodoll
January 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
see, there is a reason i started the "i've got a hankering...." thread in the Off Topic section, LOL! :D we gots to eats, and we gots to stay happy.

Prin
January 25th, 2007, 04:09 PM
so where are the parents?? the guardians?!?!
why don't parents spend time with their daughters and explain "ok that isn't real, don't do that to yourself..do you want to die?!?" :shrug: For me it was about control, but not weight control. My life was already so controlled by everybody but me, so anorexia was a way of being in control of my body and ME. If my dad had sat me down and said "Don't do it", I doubt it would have made a difference. It would have made me resent the world more and feel more controlled. It was my body and my decision. You know? That's how it feels anyway, and then you get into it and you're stuck.

I agree with Breeze too that it's a lifetime thing. When my thyroid messed and the first two doctors I saw told me to cut back on my eating, I was furious. Yeah, I'll cut back. It'll be gone within a week, that's how I'll cut back. :frustrated: Once I start controlling some things about my eating, the rest soon follows and I'm back to the starting point. So I'd rather have somebody say, as my subsequent doctor did, "instead of this, eat this", so I'm not removing anything from my diet really, just replacing. But you only get that from a doctor who gets it.

Anyway, my point being, no adult in the world could have stopped me, and believe me some tried. It wasn't the media who got me started, but they definitely did have a hand in keeping me there, because the minute I started to eat, the weight would pack on and that is BAAAAAD, right?

Now, I'm plumpy and even though people looooove to point it out to me, "WHAT?! I have a big a**?!? OMG! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!?!" :rolleyes: I try to let it roll off my back because I know I'm healthier plumpy than not eating at all...;)

Wow, did that fit in anywhere in this thread? Or did I just ramble on out of nowhere? :sorry:

Prin
January 25th, 2007, 04:10 PM
we are talking about models and media has anyone looked at the sites for "the ideal weight for your height and build"? that is not realistic honestly.
they are to blame also.

Oh and BMI too. BMI is the devil! What a waste of time. :rolleyes:

Schwinn
January 25th, 2007, 04:39 PM
(late to the game as usual, but...)

do you ever wonder why that it is mostly women who turn to eating disorders and men don't. they end up just working out twice as much or just don't give a dam.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I did several research papers in school about men and body image, and for a man, taking steroids is the exact same thing as a woman sticking her finger down her throat. The biggest difference I found was perception. In my research, those who had eating disorders were treated as though they had a disease (which it is), while those who used steroids and other muscle building drugs we often berated and ridiculed. Ultimately, though, the issue is the same--body image. I saw a few friends go through tough times, one who almost died. I knew him before and after he was hospitalized, and then when he later went back on steroids. The things he said to me were almost identical to the things you hear from anorexic women.

I personally think the problem is the mixed message. The media portrays thin, beautiful people (and I don't fault them. Ultimately, they're in sales.), and the opposing message is "you're okay the way you are", which isn't necessarily in and of itself a bad message, but I don't think it's the right way to attack it. Personally, I've always felt that we should spend more time teaching kids how to be healthy, and what healthy is, then just teaching them to accept themselves. Part of the problem, IMO, is those who started out anorexic when they were overweight. Nobody ever taught them how to start out healthy. So then they lose a little weight, and are told how great they look. It's tough to tell them, "No, that's not the way to do it" when, from thier side, it works.

I've always felt instead of looking at people's weight or BMI (I'm about a 33. According to that, I'm going to have a heart attack any day now.) we should be asking questions like, "How far can you run?" or "How many flights of stairs can you climb without stopping". In other words, how fit are you? My dr uses charts and BMI, and called me obese. I said, "First of all, do I look obese??" "No, but the chart..." "Secondly, my obese butt goes riding for 4-6 hours at a time. How many obese patients do you have who do that?" I think we need to start talking to our kids about fitness, and the healthy body image will come. Just like you don't see obese people doing the Boston Marathon, not a lot of anorexics either.

jiorji
January 25th, 2007, 05:01 PM
men get annorexia too. Daniel Johns from silverchair is annorexic and he's a guy. He might've bounced back but he's still really thin

Prin
January 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah, a cousin of mine is too, I think... He was born chubby (12lbs 11 ounces) and a couple years ago he dropped a TON of weight. Everybody passed it off as a growth spurt, but he didn't grow much... :o

Byrd
January 30th, 2007, 08:46 PM
She's going to tackle the issue on her show on Thursday.

I was just watching yesterday's show on 'alternative' religions, man that woman ticks me off!

mummummum
January 31st, 2007, 10:25 AM
What an interesting range of opinions...so let me weigh in (oooo...very bad pun attempt).

Rick C. ~ I agree with you. There are "mutants" out there, women and men with incredible, structurally well-defined bodies and/or faces who we allow to define beauty. As for the Tyra @ 20 picture, I'd like to draw all of your attention that compared to many catwalk (runway) models she is actually quite thick in the thighs and hips.

Schwinn ~ couldn't agree with you more on the steroids and I'm sure your paper also looked at obsessive "gym-rats". Beyond this, there are many men in the gay community who live with bulemia and anorexia because they feel the need to be "boys" rather than men. And that's a whole 'nother topic.

As for the pix of Tyra now. I'm with Prin ~ that is a truly UGLY bathing suit.

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 10:55 AM
ooohh the pictures are coming out. Can we get over this??:rolleyes: Tyra's not fat, those pictures were fiddled with...she's perfect, we're not, y'all just jealous!*snap* LOL

there's no way that if she was that "fat" that she could've fit into this skirt...

plus check out the beach picture...she's wearing the same suit, same day WAY thinner than the "fat" pictures. Odd eh?;)

Rick C
January 31st, 2007, 12:43 PM
Rick C. ~ I agree with you. There are "mutants" out there, women and men with incredible, structurally well-defined bodies and/or faces who we allow to define beauty. As for the Tyra @ 20 picture, I'd like to draw all of your attention that compared to many catwalk (runway) models she is actually quite thick in the thighs and hips.
[.

First of all, thank you, on behalf of all boys of any age everywhere, for posting a gigantic picture of Tyra's Sports Illustrated beach shot. Wooot!!!

Secondly, Tyra Banks is the first one to tell you that she was repeatedly told early on that she was too curvy to be a model . . . . she's used her show to confront the issue of anorexia I believe as well.

Lastly, at http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/ you can watch the "all-new Thursday preview" video to the end and she's standing next to her "fat" picture in the same bathing suit . . . obviously much thinner than the pictures that started this thread.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

4thedogs
January 31st, 2007, 01:53 PM
I heard her on some program that it wasn't her body and even if it had been there is nothing wrong with it. Take a look at her muscle tone in pics taken just a couple months ago and then look at these photos. Even if she had gained some weight the tone wouldn't have changed that quickly. Look at her thighs in each of the photos, not the same at all.

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 01:58 PM
http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/gallery/ If you go in there, near the bottom of the video list (after you click on the snowy screen), there's a video of Tyra taking her bra off... It's great for 2 reasons- it shows guys that not even supermodels with natural breasts look good without a bra on, and it shows women the "power" of a great bra. :thumbs up

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 01:59 PM
Oh and she also did a show on airbrushing, and it's so way beyond getting rid of wrinkles and all that. They make her hips smaller, too.;)

Hunter's_owner
January 31st, 2007, 02:00 PM
Prin, that is hilarious. 2 good points indeed though:D :thumbs up

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:08 PM
http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/gallery/ If you go in there, near the bottom of the video list (after you click on the snowy screen), there's a video of Tyra taking her bra off... It's great for 2 reasons- it shows guys that not even supermodels with natural breasts look good without a bra on, and it shows women the "power" of a great bra. :thumbs up

ooooooooo how I hate bras !!

heidiho
January 31st, 2007, 02:11 PM
On her show thursday she will be in the same suit they took that picture of of her,and she does not look like that picture at all,she looks great.Was on larry king the other night also,the woman is not fat........

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:11 PM
I so don't understand that, breeze.:o I LOVE a good bra. I got one in the mail today from Victoria's secret and I was like a little kid on Christmas.:D Bra haters like you must need a bra intervention or something. I mean, not all bras are created equally and you have to find one that works for you. I don't know anybody who complains about the "body" bras from Victoria's secret. If you're bigger than a D though, you need to go to a special place, but still, there are great bras out there! :confused:

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:14 PM
no much much smaller can't find the right one (size)i sweat toooo much and it is just to cumbersome for me.

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:17 PM
Maybe you need one of these then. :D these (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=ZJ-200795&page=1&cgname=OSBRPVERVIL&rfnbr=1096) :D

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:20 PM
good one prin :laughing: how does that even stay on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Oh, it does. ;) VS has WAYS.:D

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:25 PM
looked does not come in my size :rolleyes:

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Aww. :frustrated:

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:30 PM
accually none comes in my size just checked. now you understand why i do not like them?? and not very many stores do. :sad:

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:33 PM
What size? :o 32A is pretty well the minimum.

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM
36-38 A not the standard maybe 36A but most are to tight

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Have you tried a 34 B? A lot of people who end up in the 36's or 38's actually do better one cup size up and one circumferance size down. Even me- 32D fits me way better than a 34C, but 32D is so rare. :shrug:

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:41 PM
yup the cup does not fit well and does nothing for my figure ha ha ha a ture A through and through :laughing: and the 34 way way to tight

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:41 PM
Oh and btw, they do have tons of 36A's at victoria's secret- http://www2.victoriassecret.com/search/bra/index.cfm?step=2&size=36A

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Oh and btw, they do have tons of 36A's at victoria's secret- http://www2.victoriassecret.com/search/bra/index.cfm?step=2&size=36A

bought 2 of them they were tight to a point that it left huge marks, not a pretty sight

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:45 PM
face facts i am a lost cause, i will have to settle for the sexy cami's

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:46 PM
lol that was my next suggestion.:D The bra tops. :thumbs up

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:49 PM
I'm just glad i can get away with it.. cami under any shirt and when i must wear one make sure no one see the marks that is left hahahahahahah or blame it on something else or someone hahahahahahah

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 02:51 PM
lol :crazy: :laughing:

4thedogs
January 31st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Read from her on her site
Message from Tyra my fat tabloid photos

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 05:18 PM
It's kinda cool to have her side, written by her (supposedly). I think that would hurt, if it happened to one of us.:shrug:

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 06:03 PM
am i too late for the bra discussion? :D i want tyra's boobs, i really do!! i dunno about you girls but the first thing i do when i come home is take the dang thing off and breathe a sigh of relief :o

ooh tyra was just on Access Hollywood. GOOD ON HER!! she's amazing! :highfive:

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Why do you want Tyra's boobs? You'd have to wear a bra all the time anyway. :shrug:

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 06:08 PM
cuz they're luscious :o i'm still waiting for mine to grow :sad:

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 06:14 PM
lol just go on the patch.;)

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 06:20 PM
there is a patch that makes boobs grow? :confused: :eek: :crazy: i'll take two! LOL but it can't make any other part of me grow :o

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 06:21 PM
lol anything with estrogen makes the chest..um.. swell. But there are other side effects.:D Ooo you could always pop out a kid. I heard that helps too.:D Then again, there are MAJOR side effects of that too (i.e. a kid :sick: ).

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 06:23 PM
ya know... i've heard about many women having *less* boobs after having a kid then they had before :eek: .... another reason to stay a virgin :D he he!

phoenix
January 31st, 2007, 06:37 PM
lol anything with estrogen makes the chest..um.. swell. But there are other side effects.:D Ooo you could always pop out a kid. I heard that helps too.:D Then again, there are MAJOR side effects of that too (i.e. a kid :sick: ).

lol yes let me tell you, pregnancy DOES make them grow (maybe only temporarily though).

Prin
January 31st, 2007, 06:43 PM
So you just have to stay preggers all the time then.:D

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 06:50 PM
remember this...

A Friend Is Like A Good Bra...
Hard to Find
Supportive
Comfortable
Always Lifts You Up
Never Lets You Down or Leaves You Hanging
And Is Always Close To Your Heart!!!

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPatjN5p90c

technodoll
January 31st, 2007, 09:39 PM
yeah that's what played on access hollywood tonight. butt-ugly suit but what a fab woman! she looks much better with some meat on her bones :p

jiorji
January 31st, 2007, 10:12 PM
she's gonna cry at the end :yell:

her ankles are still REALLY tiny! That's just the way her body is:shrug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 1st, 2007, 12:06 AM
ya know... i've heard about many women having *less* boobs after having a kid then they had before :eek: .... another reason to stay a virgin :D he he!

its true :o

Prin
February 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPatjN5p90c

Poor Tyra. :sad: :shrug:

technodoll
February 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
poor tyra, my BUTT!!! she's a beautiful smart celebrity millionnaire... gimme a break :frustrated:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Did anyone watch her show today - I really liked it - and her for doing it. She is ten pounds heavier now than she was a while ago - and says she gains and loses ten pounds all the time. I guess the tabloids had said she had gained 40 pounds and was 200 pounds - which isnt true - She is definately heavier then her modeling days - but models arent a realistic ideal of what a healthy body weight should be.

Then they had this 88 pound model on that said the chair made her look fatter then she was, and that she actually preferred to weigh 80 pounds - I didnt actually catch the whole thing.:sad:

technodoll
February 1st, 2007, 09:12 PM
yeah severely ill anorexics dressed up in Calvin Klein size sub-zero make great role models for insecure teenagers :thumbs up

Prin
February 1st, 2007, 09:42 PM
I watched it. It was cool. I liked her "kiss my fat (hiney)" rant. :) :cloud9: :highfive:

Oh yeah, and that 88lb person trying to convince everybody she was healthy and calling the plus sized model FAT. What a sicko. I'm glad they made her look totally mentally deranged.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Okay I was just online trying to figure out my bodyfat percentage - I think I may be a few pounds overweight but nothing major, and I excercise a lot too - I couldnt believe this - there is no way I could weigh am that much overweight - what are they thinking. According to these calculations I am 30 pounds overweight and should weigh 119 - :evil: and I am 5.8 - jeez, - I am with Tyra - you go girl.:D

http://www.he.net/cgi-bin/suid/~zone/prothd3
http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
i know what you mean according to that i should weight 110-115 other wise i am headed for major heart problems. i think they are sick, cause i am not over weight

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 02:49 PM
oops it changed I should weigh 106 pounds. :D

I better go eat some lettuce now. :D

heidiho
February 2nd, 2007, 02:54 PM
I watched her show and sorry but are u kiddin me,she is just so fake to me,could she be any more dramatic,but hey it will get her ratings.That little show she put on was so fake to me,and now the next Americas top model are gonna have heavier girls on it!!!!! Why now,cause poor tyra is gettin bigger,why not these last few years???But now that Tyra is bigger it is ok.Sorry but i just dont buy it,and then i knew the tears would be coming cause you have to have those like Miss America and her fake tears,going on every show talking about how she is an addict,urghhhhhhh!!!!! give me a break.........

~michelle~
February 2nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
according to the website that you listed it says my ideal weight is 110lbs, at 110lbd i would have bones sticking out everywhere.
i have been 120lbs a long time ago and it did not suit me at all right now i am a little over weight but i am being healthy and happy right now and i am trying to increase my activity

4thedogs
February 2nd, 2007, 03:01 PM
She has had what would be classified in the model industry as plus sized in almost all the seasons of antm.

~michelle~
February 2nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
if people look at different websites (repuatable ones) your idea weigt will have an almost 20lbs range and i should weight between 130 and 149 lbs(at 5 foot 6 ) it depends on muscle mass induvidualized structure and such

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.prevention.com/bmicalculator/?cm_re=HP-_-Topic%20Box1-_-%20Calculate%20Your%20BMI

here's one from prevention magazine.

heidiho
February 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
21.0 % for me.at 5'8 and 138 pounds.still want to lose ten pounds though,,

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
Well according to that one I am normal. :) Now I am going to go eat. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 03:19 PM
21.0 % for me.at 5'8 and 138 pounds.still want to lose ten pounds though,,

your about where I want to be, I am 5.8 too - I dont think I would want to thinner than that - right now I flucuate between 145 - 150. Just slightly over what I am comfortable at.:)

heidiho
February 2nd, 2007, 03:27 PM
When i moved here i was about 130,i would like to get somewhere around that...

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 03:34 PM
U guys are sooo tall !!!!

heidiho
February 2nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
How tall r u??

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
5 foot 2 and don't forget the 1/2

heidiho
February 2nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Thats not so short.....

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
no i like my height,
just when you hear 5'6 or taller it sounds very tall compared to my height.

heidiho
February 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
oops!! misunderstood

~michelle~
February 2nd, 2007, 04:01 PM
the one thing i love about my body is my height. im tall enough but still short enough to wear heals and be shorter than my boyfriend (one of those old steotypes i kinda cling to i like the boy to be taller) i want to be around 125-130. i have really bug hips and a narrow face is i go below that i look sickly and boney. but there are some girls it really suits when their smaller

technodoll
February 2nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
i'm a shorty :o 5'5", but weight is proportionate considering i have no boobs :yell: but at least the booty's not so bad, there is justice :D i do want to get fitter though, not lighter just leaner.

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Wow, if you look at this thread without participating for a bit, it really shows how all your body images are skewed. Everybody wants 10 lbs less or wants to change something. I do too, but I just think that's so sad.:o

Anyway, JECM, on that thingy, I got "normal". My lean body mass is 112 and my ideal weight is 137, which it is. Kind of bang on for me, considering. But the 112 I'd change to 120 because when I was nothing but bones, I was 123. And I mean that was diseased-looking.

Now, I'm 175 and the weight is gradually coming off, and I have to say, I could have gone either way and I chose to try to be healthy instead of skinny (it definitely is a choice in the beginning- you can't have both for a while).

I don't have a scale at home because I see how neurotic I am about it when I go to people's houses where there is a scale. I'd never get off that thing if I had my own. I just try to eat better, try to exercise a bit more today than I did yesterday and whatever happens, happens.

technodoll
February 2nd, 2007, 07:08 PM
prin makes awesome calorie-free nanaimo bars :D

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
hehe, what you eat here, stays here. Sorta. :evil:

meb999
February 2nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
hehe, what you eat here, stays here. Sorta.

hehehe, I thought we were talking about anorexia, not bulimia!!

I think most women's self image is skewed. My low weight was 101, and I remember thinking I was fat...so....:shrug: (and NO, I no longer think 101 is fat...and I'm definetly not near that weight!!)

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
But do you think you're fat now? ;) :frustrated:

meb999
February 2nd, 2007, 07:23 PM
meh....I could lose 10 pounds :D

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you think we'll ever be happy with ourselves?

technodoll
February 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
no. even "perfect" people are always wanting more IMO :o but the exceptional spiritual human being does exist here and there, they know bodies are just a vessel for the spirit and it doesn't matter WHAT we look like :)

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you think we'll ever be happy with ourselves?

no.. we are our worst enemy straight haired people want curly and curly haired ones want straight the same goes for our bodys clothes ect ect... there is no pleasing us.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
I want to lose ten pounds too - I know I am happy at 140 or 137 ish any lower and I have to work to hard to maintain it. :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
But do you think you're fat now? ;) :frustrated:

yes a little bit :o there is certain parts of me I dont like and other parts I do

I know that wasnt meant directly for me but I thought I would answer anyways.

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
That's ok. It kind of applies to everybody. :) :sad:

I've got about 35lbs left to lose, but I'm not in any hurry. If I lost it all tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to afford new clothes anyway.:D

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
instead of what we don't like how about what we do like about ourselves??

meb999
February 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
I have good teeth...after 4 years of braces I better have good teeth!!

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
Oh, nobody wants to hear me brag about my chesty.:D

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
I have good teeth...after 4 years of braces I better have good teeth!!

that it there has to be more of you you like or love :lovestruck:

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Oh, nobody wants to hear me brag about my chesty.:D

brag away
it does a body good !! :laughing:

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
lol it's all the care I put into them.:D :laughing:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
ok I like my chesty too - even though I dont really have one I wouldnt change it. I like the upper half of my body and I am learning to like the lower half.

I like that I am in as good as shape as most people 1/2 my age, and sometimes during fitness classes I can tell I am working as hard or harder then they are. :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
If I ever meet any of you guys - I know I will like you no matter what size you all are. :D

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Except me because I'm mean in person.:D :laughing:

technodoll
February 2nd, 2007, 09:37 PM
prin, bluffing as usual. pfffffffft! :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Except me because I'm mean in person.:D :laughing:

whaattt Noooooo :eek: :D

~michelle~
February 2nd, 2007, 09:46 PM
you know we're close when we openly talk about weight and boobs:lovestruck:

Prin
February 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
whaattt Noooooo :eek: :D

Just trying to get everybody back in Prin nightmare mode.:D :laughing:

Yep. I think we've gotten a little too close.:D No wonder there aren't any men 'round here.

breeze
February 2nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Just trying to get everybody back in Prin nightmare mode.:D :laughing:

Yep. I think we've gotten a little too close.:D No wonder there aren't any men 'round here.

you meen men don't like talking about boobs :eek:

Hunter's_owner
February 3rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
i'm a shorty :o 5'5", but weight is proportionate considering i have no boobs :yell: but at least the booty's not so bad, there is justice :D i do want to get fitter though, not lighter just leaner.

Short? Gee, you are almost half a foot taller than me:eek:

I am a real shorty at 5 feet even (on a good day;) ) and have no boobs:o :D

Rick C
February 17th, 2007, 01:32 PM
To resurrect an old topic . . . . . news story today that Tyra Banks will mark the anniversary of her Sports Illustrated cover by wearing the same swimsuit at a shoot in the Bahamas . . . .

Banks, 33, recently returned to the Bahamas to recreate the shoot that landed her on the coveted Sports Illustrated cover, even wearing the same red polka dot bikini with a few adjustments.

"I was about 140 pounds on that cover ... and I'm 161 now," the 5-foot-10 TV host told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I'd say I looked like a stripper when I put it on."

Banks, who retired from modeling in 2005, said some extra fabric was added to make the bikini a little less itsy-bitsy.

"They covered the sides of my chest so that it wasn't so much hangin' out. And they put some extenders on the sides of the bikini bottom so it fit," she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070215/ap_en_mu/sports_illustrated_swimsuit_issue

Also, big article in the Calgary Herald today on Tyra Banks, "the new icon for ordinary women."

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 17th, 2007, 02:59 PM
You forgot his bit:

In the AP Radio interview, Banks said she considered going on a crash diet before the Bahamas shoot to look the same as she did 10 years ago, but then thought better of it.

"I think there's more power in embracing what I am now and showcasing that," she said.;)

LL1
February 17th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Good for her,I think she is beautiful.And for those who say real women do not look like supermodels,yes many real women are beautiful,and do not need airbrushing or makeup or anything at all.I think it is a bit silly to say women only look that good with a ton of makeup,lighting and airbrushing.

Rick C
February 17th, 2007, 06:47 PM
You forgot his bit:

;)

Au contraire . . . . as you can plainly see, I posted a story link (which you used) which contained the tidbit you posted.

Message boards like this are sued or threatened with suits when they're too permissive with reproducing verbatim entire copyright stories or images . . . . hence the accepted practice of posting a tidbit and then a link, the latter encouraging demonstrateable traffic back to the original source.

Congratulations for adding to the traffic count at Yahoo News to get that tidbit so you could say I forgot it!!! :highfive: :p :grouphug:

Rick C
www.oldentales.ca

Prin
February 17th, 2007, 06:50 PM
lol I just found it curious that your tidbit was all the juice and no reality.:D :laughing:

Rick C
February 17th, 2007, 09:18 PM
lol I just found it curious that your tidbit was all the juice and no reality.:D :laughing:

Why Prin, you're a college-educated woman and I would have presumed your reading comprehension skills would be up to snuff but apparently not.

I posted these facts . . . she was 141 pds 10 years ago and is 161 today, she said the old suit was so ill-fitting that she'd "look like a stripper" wearing the suit and then provided a quote where she gave the details of having the suit let out to accomodate her current figure.

I also noted an article in the Herald today headlining her as a "new icon for ordinary women."

I trust you understood the above this second time around . . . . otherwise I'd have to assume you're a bit bored and experimenting in the graceful art of trolling. :thumbs up :fingerscr

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
lol you posted all the stuff from that article that made her look bad. You left out the empowerment part. ;)

Rick C
February 19th, 2007, 09:05 AM
lol you posted all the stuff from that article that made her look bad. You left out the empowerment part. ;)

Good grief . . . . :pray:

I was accused earlier in thread of pumping her up and now I'm taking a shot to the head for apparently dragging her down. Hilarious!!!

Gurgle . . .

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Ok.. Uhh, I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this one, Rick.

Neither "playing her up" (aka objectifying her using an unrealistic image as your platform) nor "dragging her down" (aka posting only the parts that point out she far from an ideal now) explain why she's the "new icon for ordinary women." People don't love her because she's gained weight. People love her because she refuses to submit to the pressures of the industry in favor of being herself. Where her pressures come from agents, clients, etc, most women have the same pressures from friends, family and themselves. We relate because she's a fighter, not because she's a fatty. But I guess you'd have to be a little feminist to see that.

Rick C
February 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Ok.. Uhh, I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this one, Rick.

Neither "playing her up" (aka objectifying her using an unrealistic image as your platform) nor "dragging her down" (aka posting only the parts that point out she far from an ideal now) explain why she's the "new icon for ordinary women." People don't love her because she's gained weight. People love her because she refuses to submit to the pressures of the industry in favor of being herself. Where her pressures come from agents, clients, etc, most women have the same pressures from friends, family and themselves. We relate because she's a fighter, not because she's a fatty. But I guess you'd have to be a little feminist to see that.

Actually, you'd have to be a nitpicker to derive that and find a difference in what I posted. . . . . :rip: :highfive:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Actually, you'd have to be a nitpicker to derive that and find a difference in what I posted. . . . . :rip: :highfive: I just look at what you left out, Rick. But it's ok, because I understand that the main message in all this is lost on you. :)

Rick C
February 19th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I just look at what you left out, Rick. But it's ok, because I understand that the main message in all this is lost on you. :)

Since I actually posted the message you came along later to try and beat me over the head with, that would make you a troll.

But, I understand the need of your age group to stomp your foot on the ground when you're caught with your hand in the cookie jar . . . . and the apparent need to clear your red face with the last word. :thumbs up

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 04:28 PM
And I understand your age group's need to be condescending and self-righteous toward women your junior- and to get the last word.;)

Rick C
February 19th, 2007, 04:53 PM
And I understand your age group's need to be condescending and self-righteous toward women your junior- and to get the last word.;)

Uh, uh . . . . I see you're attempting to end this argument, the one you created by the way, the same way you started it, with an outright lie.

If this is some attempt to even the score for our past intellectual confrontations then you might have had the patience to wait until you had at least a leg to stand on instead of creating some facile argument out of thin air.

And right now you do look pretty immature.

That has everything to do with the weight of your argument and nothing to do with your age or gender.

See you tomorrow Prin!!! :fingerscr

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 04:55 PM
That has everything to do with the weight of your argument and nothing to do with your age or gender.Oh really? I'm so sorry then. I must have misunderstood this part of your post:
I understand the need of your age group to stomp your foot

And right now you do look pretty immature.Ditto. :highfive:

Crimson
February 19th, 2007, 05:21 PM
This thread has run it's course and will now be closed.