Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pictures from CD ROM-MONTREAL

poodletalk
January 24th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I don't have a color printer, I need to know where I can bring a CD Rom to and get colored pictures printed. (I don't want to pay a fortune!)

I want to do this on my lunch hour, I work near downtown. Anyone has any suggestions???

cpietra16
January 24th, 2007, 06:42 AM
I don't know of any area downtown, but if you send your pictures via email to costco they will print them (cheap) and email you back the same day to pick them up.

Skryker
January 24th, 2007, 06:44 AM
I don't live in Montreal, Poodletalk, but most drug stores and places like WalMart have photo machines in the store that you can put your CD into and get prints. Or Walmart has an on-line service. You upload to their site and order prints that way. Takes about an hour for standard sizes. Then you can pick them up when you have time. I imagine other places have the same. I think Jean Coutu's website might have the same service. I've used the Walmart one;good prints and I think that 4"x6" prints are 24 cents or so.

poodletalk
January 24th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Really! I didn't know that....Will I have to stand in those long costco lines or does the photography department have a cash?

I don't know of any Costco downtown, but there's one in Brossard where I can go.

poodletalk
January 24th, 2007, 06:48 AM
I work near a pharamcy, the printing is down automatically? in color?

cpietra16
January 24th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Poodletalk, when I went down there wasn't a soul in line to pick up pistures.Now I don't know if that's just luck. The quality is good and they are very fast.I just like the fact that I can do it in the privacy of my own home and take my time to chose the pictures and within a few hours I get an email to let me know that the pics are ready to pick up...my company uses them too.

jiorji
January 24th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Poodletalk, when I went down there wasn't a soul in line to pick up pistures..

that's cos Cosco has a terrible photo lab and pictures are never good quality.

I'd go to a PharmaPrix for cheap photos. They have those Kodak booths and you can edit them on the spot yourself in case they're too dark or light.

or Japan CAmera

cpietra16
January 24th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I thought the quality wasn't too bad. I 'm not a photographer, but I never had a problem with the quality. The image was fine, IMO. It's just very convenient and for the price, it's worth it.

Stacer
January 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Shopper's Drug Mart has cheap 1 hour printing with those do it yourself machines where you put in your disc and choose your pictures. Is PharmaPrix the francais version of Shopper's?

jiorji
January 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Shopper's Drug Mart has cheap 1 hour printing with those do it yourself machines where you put in your disc and choose your pictures. Is PharmaPrix the francais version of Shopper's?

yeah. But in Toronto if you want GOOD photo quality, you go to PhotoLab, which is in LobLaws or Fortinos, etc. They actually use the same printer that Black's Photo uses and they charge way less. Blacks's 8x10 is $9.99, Photolab - $3.00...or is it 1.99?!?! I forget :thumbs up

trippincherri
January 24th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Well I live where we have no Walmart or Costco nearby, so I found this place on the net called Bonusprint Pix.
All you do is download their program into your computer, and then you can send your photos to them over the net, theres all kinds of little things you can do to the pics too like sizing and cropping as well as getting mugs,mousepads,keychains and whatnot made for you with whatever pic you want!!!

This place is out of SWEDEN lol, but trust me it costs next to nothing to get your pics developed and mailed to you.

I just got 82 reg.sized prints and a photo keychain done and all it cost (including shipping and handling) was $19.15, thats an awesome price.

I love it because it comes right to my mail box and the quality is excellent, it does take about 10 days or so to for the pics to get here but it's convenient nonetheless!!

Stacer
January 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM
yeah. But in Toronto if you want GOOD photo quality, you go to PhotoLab, which is in LobLaws or Fortinos, etc. They actually use the same printer that Black's Photo uses and they charge way less. Blacks's 8x10 is $9.99, Photolab - $3.00...or is it 1.99?!?! I forget :thumbs up

I've never used Loblaw's PhotoLab, I will the next time I'm getting photos done, thanks!

diandpat
January 24th, 2007, 12:28 PM
With Photolab you can order online and they will mail them to you, sometimes the very next day. Future Shop offers the same service also. I have used both and really like it. No standing in line anywhere, that's for sure. :thumbs up

susieqt
January 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Poodletalk, there is a Costco in Point St. Charles on Bridge Street (right near Victoria Bridge). I don't know if you would have time to drive there on your lunch hour, though.

Prin
January 24th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I don't like Costco either. If you take perfect pics, then maybe, but they don't usually alter the pics as they're printing them like other places do. They just print everything neutral, which for most people sucks. Most people need at least a little lightening here and there.

The one in Pointe Claire also had some sand or something in the developing machine and it would put a scratch right in the middle of your negative all the way from start to finish... :frustrated:

I like Walmart better.. I worked there for a while a long time ago, and they take more pride in their pics.:) I also like it better than Loblaws because Loblaws uses Fuji paper and I like Kodak better... Kodak paper usually makes the reds and yellows brighter and Fuji paper does the same for blues and greens... :shrug: I like my reds and yellers.:D

Byrd
January 25th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well I live where we have no Walmart or Costco nearby, so I found this place on the net called Bonusprint Pix.

Do you have the address? I have 400 regular 4x6 prints, two 5x7, and three wallets that I need to get done (from my trip). I am looking for somewhere that doesn't have stupid prices!

trippincherri
January 25th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Sure Byrd it's www.bonusprint.com, if that don't work just google bonusprint pix and it'll show up right away.
I use it all the time, and so far have no complaints.
Oh and sometimes when your selecting and sizing your pics this little hazard sign may pop up and tell you that you cannot expect a good quality print from this pic, but I usually ignore that and send it anyway, they usually turn out fine.

You have to download the software onto your computer!!
Have fun.:D

Byrd
January 25th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks! :D

poodletalk
January 26th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Very disappointed....

Since I can't get to Costco on my lunch time, I decide to check out Bureau en Gros, (There's a Bureau en Gros five minutes away from my office and one in Brossard)

Anyways,they have an online print service, takes six hours for your printing to get developed. Which is fine, I do it in the morning and when I finish work it's done.

When I uploaded my pictures, I automatically clicked on "English" which made my pictures go to ONTARIO!!!!!!!!! I won't get my pictures till 5-6 business days!

For future reference, if you want your picutres developed in six hours..you must go to this website for Bureau en Gros...copiesbureauengros.ca I went to the website this morning...you have to download something. I don't have tme for it, so I went to the Costco website and I will get my printing tomorrow at 3:00!

Which is disappointing to me, since I had nice pictures of dogs and cats available for adoption and I wanted to bring them to the casting tomorrow. :sad:

Skryker
January 26th, 2007, 12:50 PM
:sorry: Poodletalk! That sucks! I don't mean to push Walmart, but you don't have to download anything, and 4"x6" and 5"x7" prints are usually done in a hour, and the quality is pretty good. You upload your pics and choose a location; they send the prints to that store's photolab right away. I've even had pics done in under an hour on a Saturday.