Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ads like this make me sick!

happycats
January 23rd, 2007, 07:32 PM
While surching the web (looking for another car) I came across this,
Like what the he(( is a 1 1/2 year "ol" going to do with a puppy!!!

looking for a small free dog 22-Jan-07

I am a single mother looking for a little companian for my 1 1/2 year ol son if you can help me feel free to call sarah at XXXXXXX if there id no answer feel free to leave a message. ...

And this one!!!

Baby alligators for sale. Eating gold fish well! Approx.6-8 months old and are ready to go! Don't bite easy to handle. Remember that they will grow to be large!! Serious inquireries only please. Will ...

I thought that was illegal!?

mummummum
January 23rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Ahh the romanticism of animals. That is of course how they end up on the street, in the shelter or in a nearby creek.

I hope you created a special email address and wrote back to them !

dustybird
January 23rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
Sad isn't it! Through my bordedom I have found many ad's such as the ones you posted. There are also ones out there looking to trade tigers or bears for some other what they think are cool pets to have...makes me ill. Instead of getting a real living breathing dog for a 1.5 year old get one of those battery operated stuffed animal ones. I also don't know why some people feel the need or that it is their right to make any animal they want into a pet(just so they can say "look what I have". There are already pleanty of perfect pets in shelters waiting for a home.

~michelle~
January 23rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
wow thats so sad...:sad: so many dumb, irresponsble people out there

Purpledomino
January 24th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I also have cruised through ads on online sites, and emailed my two cents on several occasions...(just couldn't help myself) These sites seem to attract backyard breeders out to make a buck, all out con-artists, and hard luck stories of people trying to get something for nothing. The latest one I saw that had my blood boil, was an ad selling this poor male one yr. old longcoat chihuahua. The ad stated that she was selling him because she wasn't breeding anymore, and he was a great dog, except for the underbite that is barely noticeable...(oh boy, it WAS noticeable in his pic!) Apparantly she said he was a good breeder because he has already fathered a couple litters. It made me sick. :yuck:

OntarioGreys
January 24th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I also recently responded to an ad, the person had a 4 month old shih tzu she decided she no longer had time for, claimed it was well bred and came from a very reputable breeder, she was feeding it puppy chow and wanted $1200 :eek: for the puppy.

I asked her what reputable breeder would allow you to feed puppy chow, one of the worst food on the market, what reputable breeder would allow you to resell a puppy, and then asked why is there no mention of registration paper if the dog so well bred, then asked her what kind of idiot is going to want to buy a pup from her for $1200, when they can get a registered shih-tzu puppy with extensitve genetic test and health and temperment guarantee, whose has been fed a high quality nutitious diet to help ensure health, and have breeder support for the life of the dog for half the price, I then gave her the name of a rescue to turn the dog over to

Inisfad
January 24th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Here in 'farm' country you get the same thing as well, but it's usually sad little pictures in the supermarket or vets office of litters of puppies or kittens that no one wants, then they get to beyond puppy/kitty stage (still under a year) and are completely unadoptable (as people would want something little and cute), so people fell, well, it's the country, they can hunt and get along. So they're dumped somewhere or drowned or even shot, just in time for the next litter and the scenario starts all over again. It always amazes me how stupid and inhumane people can be. (and, sorry for this, then they run to the religious place of their choice on the weekend, never thinking that what they've done during the week is disgusting...)