Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Winter Weather At Last!!

brandynva
January 22nd, 2007, 05:02 PM
Ok, so it wasn't much, but at least we got a day off of school and the kids got to go sledding for about 30 minutes before it melted. :cool: Here are some pictures.

Here's my car, covered in ice. That's about as bad as it got all day. :sad:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0340.jpg

Roscoe sniffing poopcicles. (Thanks to the neighbors dogs ugh!)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0343.jpg

Kids and Roscoe out back playing. This was his first adventure with snow/ice and he wasn't too impressed. Hopefully he'll have an opportunity to get some deeper snow to play in!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0350.jpg

And the current mud that is so disgusting. I HATE mud!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0351.jpg

Prin
January 22nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
I love how the dropped basketball makes it look like the mud was sudden...

Kids playing... screams.. basketball is dropped as kids run to the house before getting devoured by the muck.:D

Cool pics. It's nice to see what other people get for snow days. :)

brandynva
January 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
I love how the dropped basketball makes it look like the mud was sudden...

Kids playing... screams.. basketball is dropped as kids run to the house before getting devoured by the muck.:D

Cool pics. It's nice to see what other people get for snow days. :)

lol yeah and they cancelled school for that!! :D Gotta love living in the south. They are petrified of the WORD snow around here. I guess the liability with putting kids on the school bus isn't worth it.

Frenchy
January 22nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
I can see ! (I tried earlier and it wouldn't download) that is not snow Brandy :p

brandynva
January 22nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
lol! I know it, it was ICE!! That is typical for us though. Rarely do we get a pure snow storm anymore. We used to, but not in the last 7 years or so have we had a really good one! I miss the hip deep snows from when I was a kid. Of course that was hip deep on my dad. hehe

Teri -- Should I shrink my pictures? Maybe they are just too big? I upload them through photobucket, but I could resize them and do an attachment? I'm still new at this uploading stuff...

Frenchy
January 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
BTW we have the same fence. I had to fence 15 000 sqf when I moved in. It was pretty easy with that stuff ! (and help from a friend :D )

Byrd
January 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Cool! Um... pun intended. :p

Nice car....sis! LOL

jiorji
January 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
umm they closed down the schools for THAT??:eek: wow... lol
did the other critters not want to go outside in the "snow"?? Just Roscoe?

brandynva
January 22nd, 2007, 09:59 PM
umm they closed down the schools for THAT??:eek: wow... lol
did the other critters not want to go outside in the "snow"?? Just Roscoe?

LOL Yep Jiorji and I got PAID to sit at home for that too!! :thumbs up

The others were moving too fast to get a good picture. Roscoe is the only one I trust outside with the kids. Mileva will run off if something catches her fancy. I have to watch her like a hawk!

Frenchy -- I like that fencing cuz it's cheap and easy to put in. It's not the prettiest, but it's rural country. lol

Byrd -- Nice Saturn! I LOVE my Saturn. Good gas mileage and I love the sunroof. :D

Byrd
January 22nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
LOL Yep Jiorji and I got PAID to sit at home for that too!! :thumbs up

Byrd -- Nice Saturn! I LOVE my Saturn. Good gas mileage and I love the sunroof. :D

You got PAID!!!! Paid to stay home? Because of snow? Where do you work? Are there any job openings?

LOL I've been driving Saturn since 1993... that one's a 2001, loaded, but stick, luv da stick!

jiorji
January 22nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
:offtopic: wow lol I just never thought you were the "bright yellow car" kind of woman Byrd
:cool:

Byrd
January 22nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
:offtopic: wow lol I just never thought you were the "bright yellow car" kind of woman Byrd
:cool:

LOL Surprise!!!! :D My last one was orange, not bright orange, a metallic rusty red/orange. It was nice, I like that colour, would get it again, moreso than the yellow, the yellow shows every little bruise.

Sorry for jacking your thread Brandynva, now back to your regularly scheduled program. :p

Prin
January 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Brandy I think the downloading depends more on photobucket than on the connection people have. Sometimes, even when my internet is fast, they download line by line. :shrug: Photobucket isn't an exact science.:rolleyes:

wdawson
January 22nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
ha...seems you get the same rain days off as we do in hamilton.......what happened to the days when you needed a foot or two of snow to get a snow day........well i guess an inch in toronto warrants a call to the army...so a few rain drops can't hurt giving the day off.

mummummum
January 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
.......well i guess an inch in toronto warrants a call to the army...so a few rain drops can't hurt giving the day off.

hey... come on there ~ we had AT LEAST an inch and a half !! :laughing:

Great pix Brandynva (hopefully the sniffing of the poopsicles doesn't turn into a shnacking thing though!).

Lukka'sma
January 22nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Love the photo's. The kids and Roscoe playing in the wooded area is great.

erykah1310
January 22nd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Great pictures, I cant believe that amount of "snow" or "ice" warrants a day off :frustrated: need 20 feet of it here to have a day off:o ( k not that much but you get my "drift" :D ) lol

brandynva
January 22nd, 2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. lol I was just whining on the other thread and meant nothing by it. But golly gee I feel POPULAR now! :laughing:

I work for the school system here Byrd, which makes it nice because I'm on my kids schedule. I just started this year and it's great not having to worry about babysitting. I also get paid summers too. Well, kind of paid. They pay me for 10 months of work, but they stretch the payments out over 12 months. :thumbs up It's most excellent.

And I don't mind the threadjacking. Especially if we talk about Saturns! This is my first one I've owned. It's a '99 and I got it 1 1/2 years ago at a good price. The only issue I have is that it leaks oil verrry slowly. So I feed it every once in a while and zoom zoom off we go! What model is yours? (can I threadjack my own thread??)

Lukka's Ma -- They like sledding back there because they hit the fence in the backyard. The actually bent it one year and got in trouble. :eek:

Prin -- i will stick with photobucket then since it does all the resizing for me anyway. I like that feature. :D :thumbs up

brandynva
January 22nd, 2007, 11:11 PM
Great pictures, I cant believe that amount of "snow" or "ice" warrants a day off :frustrated: need 20 feet of it here to have a day off:o ( k not that much but you get my "drift" :D ) lol

Thanks! My hubby is from New York state where they get dumped on by snow. They rarely had days off from school and nobody was afraid to drive in it up there. I think the difference is the ice factor here. And it's a rural county so there are a lot of secondary roads that don't get treated for days, if at all. It's very mountainous so some places are just hard to get to by a plow. I wish we got a foot or two of some real snow soon though! When I was little we used to build snow forts and have snowball wars. And my brother used to write things in the snow with yellow paint. I wonder how he did that?? :eek: :angel: :laughing:

Prin
January 22nd, 2007, 11:52 PM
Prin -- i will stick with photobucket then since it does all the resizing for me anyway. I like that feature. :D :thumbs upYeah, me too. :D Even if people complain that my links don't work half the time... lol

"You're going to have to send me that link again because the link you sent doesn't work."
"Oh, it's the right link. No mistakes. One day, it'll work. You just wait." :cool: :laughing:

TeriM
January 23rd, 2007, 03:02 AM
Teri -- Should I shrink my pictures? Maybe they are just too big? I upload them through photobucket, but I could resize them and do an attachment? I'm still new at this uploading stuff...

Sorry, I deleted my original complaint (could only get the car pic) when the others downloaded and then forgot to repost.
Now I'm complaining :D that we want more pics of all the doggies (preferably without poop ;) ) and to tell ya to quit whining about the mud cause you ain't seen nothin till you see our area recently (cool air finally going, ground thawing, snow melting, rain gushing from the sky :yell: ).

BTW, nice property :thumbs up .

Hunter's_owner
January 23rd, 2007, 07:41 AM
And I don't mind the threadjacking. Especially if we talk about Saturns! This is my first one I've owned. It's a '99 and I got it 1 1/2 years ago at a good price. The only issue I have is that it leaks oil verrry slowly. So I feed it every once in a while and zoom zoom off we go! What model is yours? (can I threadjack my own thread??)

I wanted to add, I drive a Saturn too:thumbs up Mine is a 2002 SC2.

Great pics Brandy! I am another one who is surprised that you got a day off for that. I guess I am a little jealous, :D Maybe we will get a snow day tomorrow:fingerscr

twisten
January 23rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
It's got to hit 40c below before there's no school here. Also if the snow is coming down hard and lots of blowing they'll cancel but its extreme cases before school is closed. There's been times when I refused to let my kids go because it was unsafe to me.

Byrd
January 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
I work for the school system here Byrd, which makes it nice because I'm on my kids schedule. up It's most excellent.

I've threadjacked my own thread before. LOL

I've applied to the schoolboards for reception/secretary work. I would love all the benefits, time off, pay, etc. So far nothing has come up though.

Mine is a 2001 SC2 SE. I got it in 2005 it was a lease return so only had 45,000 km on it. It's loaded!!! Leather, sunroof, MP3 player, traction, ABS, etc, only thing it doesn't have is automatic.... which is great! It's my third Saturn. But really, it's too small, I would love to get a Dodge Caliber, me likey (kind of a cross between an SUV and a hatchback), but I'm keeping this one for at least a year after the payments are finished.

So, if I'm not pictured as a yellow car lady, what am I pictured as? :confused:

Dog Dancer
January 25th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry I had to jump in here and say mud! What mud? I don't have a picture yet, but our entire yard has been excavated now and we just had a foot of snow melt down after several days of heavy rain. We've got mud and eight big muddy feet to play in it. I'll show you mud soon!!!:D