Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Minnie and a Pleasant Surprise

Mahealani770
January 22nd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Hello everyone! So I'm standing in line this morning at the Project Catsnip bus waiting to get Minnie in for her spay. My toes are numb due to the freezing temperatures, we're listening to instructions from the vets and all of our cats are in our cars keeping warm. So I get my paperwork, go to the warmth of the car to fill everything out, get back in line with Minnie and the vet comes and takes her into the bus. The next thing I hear is,
"Minnie's Mommy please come to the window!" I was like..omg..what's wrong?
How about she shaved Minnie and found a spay scar!!! Wooo Hooo!!! Minnie has already been spayed! Maybe that's why I haven't seen her go through any heat? But why all the male cats lined up at the window?? Anyway, that's $60.00 I didn't have to spend today! But then I felt bad because that means that her previous owner actually cared enough to pay money to get her spayed. So, I had the vet check to see if there was a microchip under her skin and there was not. So, I'm glad because I wouldn't want to have to give her back. She is our baby and we lover her dearly.
This is a good Monday :cloud9:

~M~

chico2
January 22nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Mahealani,that is good news,no surgery for Minnie:thumbs up
I remember how you found her under a car(hope I'm right),oily and dirty and how you cared for her,of course,you'll never know,but chances are the owner let her be an outdoor cat:pawprint:
It's an iffy situation,but like you,I would keep her,unless someone came to my door in tears looking for the cat she misses sooo much.
It is possible she came from a shelter and was spayed there:cat:

jiorji
January 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
yay!!
I kinda expected that.

I guess the other cats just wanted to gossip with her at the window lol

Mahealani770
January 22nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
You are right Chico! What a good memory you have..lol I found Minnie on my birthday, playing with a leaf, under a broken down, junky car at a gas station. She was covered with dirt, motor oil, and god knows what else. She also had one of those cheap flea collars on that was getting too tight for her neck. We can still smell the chemicals from that thing from time to time, if we get close enough to her neck. Anyway, we have fallen head over heals in love with her and I'm glad she doesn't have a microchip. It would KILL me to have to give her back. She is a darling and we're so lucky to have her :cloud9: Thanks for the comment Chico! :cat:

Jiorji - I have NO idea what the deal is with all the cats gathering at her window like that. Isn't that strange? :shrug: It's so cute and kind of sad to see them pawing at eachother. It's like they want to play so bad, but they can't get to eachother. :sad: Maybe Minnie needs a friend? I feel bad for her cuz old grumpy Nicky won't have anything to do with her :frustrated:

Prin
January 22nd, 2007, 05:52 PM
:highfive: That's cool! Lucky her scar was visible enough.:) :highfive:

jawert1
January 22nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
That's awesome news Mahealani!!! Congrats :highfive:

hazelrunpack
January 22nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
What a great way to start out the week, eh? :thumbs up Save a little money; save Minnie a little stress!

She maybe didn't have an owner before--maybe just a good samaritan who spays feral cats when the opportunity arises? :shrug: Anyway, good deal all around for you and Minnie! :D

mummummum
January 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
Project Catsnip ~ a spay/neuter clinic on a travelling bus ???? Wow, am I impressed with Atlanta ~ how incredibly progressive and proactive!

Mahealani770
January 23rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Yes Mummummumm! You must check out the website. They offer everything from lowcost spay & neutering to humane traps! They even give us free rabies vaccination and 24 hour shot of pain medication for our furbabies after the surgery. These people are AWESOME! Anytime I can help out a nonprofit...I'm there! www.projectcatsnip.com Check 'em out!

chico2
January 23rd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Mahealani,I too think it's great,I wish we had something similar here,it would certainly help keep the stray cat population down.:thumbs up