Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Cat escaped

librarygirl
January 21st, 2007, 09:32 PM
Three days ago my indoor cat ran out the door. she has done this twice before in the last three years and once was out overnight and was at the back door the next day wanting to come in. This time she has not. We thought she was lost and posted fliers all over the neighborhood and then I decided to walk to the back of the yard and call for her. Well, she started meowing and here she was under the woodpile keeping warm I guess.Problem is, she still would not come in and ran under the deck. We keep calling her. I am worried something will happen to her.she was an outdoor stray at one time beofre I adopted her from a pet adoption organization so was street smart at one time. Will she just come back when she is ready? It has been three cold nights she is out.
I would appreciate any advice.I finally put food out there as I am worried that she will starve but she hasn't eaten it so far. I think she may have wandered around the neighborhood-will she find her way back? i have calls in to the township Animal Control and also the local SPCA in case she does get picked up.

mummummum
January 21st, 2007, 09:39 PM
:sorry: it's been very cold here ~ I hope your kitty has found someplace warm and dry. You may want to alert your immediate neighbours as well as put up flyers with a picture of her and your telephone numbers.

erykah1310
January 21st, 2007, 10:58 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: I hope your cat returns safe and sound:grouphug: I know how stressful it is to not know where they are:sad: :grouphug:

badger
January 22nd, 2007, 02:05 AM
Can you put a box somewhere - under the deck, say - with her own blanket or a piece of your clothing that carries your scent - to provide a bit of shelter? Keep going out, early morning and just before dark, calling, leaving out food, replacing it when it freezes. Believe me, she's not enjoying her freedom one bit and those street smarts may be a distant memory (IMO they are exaggerated in any case). If she is a catnip lover, that may also attract her.
Fingers crossed.

Inisfad
January 22nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
If she is still under the deck, or in the woodpile, maybe if you went out and just sat there, where she is, talking to her, you would eventually soothe her enough to come to you, rather than trying to catch her right away. And keep putting her food out, so she can stay fed and generate heat for herself! Good luck, I hope everything turns out ok.

Golden Girls
January 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
Any updates :fingerscr