Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

litter box traning and a long question.

megan_in_pink
January 21st, 2007, 05:54 PM
we live in two story house and right now the litter box is set up in the basement bathroom, but my aunt made good point today that kittens can not go down the long stair that leads into the basement. This was not problem we have with our frsit cat sicne she about about 5 mts when we got her, she was able run up in down the staris (and LOVED to do so at 2 am) This time we looking to geta young kitten who will not be able to go down nor up the staris.

So now we want put the litter box in bathroom up staris, but tehre no way it can stay there forever, i know you should only move a litter box a few inches a day to not confuse the cat but I do not think a cat will want use litter box that is out in hall way at sitting at the bottem of the stairs.

Would be that bad if we wait till the cat was able to take the staris and just move litter box out can i go out buy a second cheep one to keep upstairs till she/he gets bigger?

~michelle~
January 21st, 2007, 05:58 PM
my cats have never become confused as to the location of the litter box. i move it and then show them where it is. :shrug: but having a 2 litter boxes is good and then whenever your down in the basement take the kitten with you and show thema litter box is down there too

Stacer
January 21st, 2007, 06:26 PM
I haven't had problems with moving the location of the litterbox either. Just show the kitty where it is after you've moved it, always works for me.