Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update on my puppy mill pup

tarasmom
January 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM
I have posted before about the puppy mill I got my baby from, also about some issues we had re: potty training.
Just thought I would update(ok damn it brag) I have to say that never before have I been as in love as I am now(except for my own human babies)
Tara has turned out to be the most wonderful thing to happen to me, and my family. What a cherub, her training despite some set backs here and there has turned out great, she is fully trained now ( has been well over 6 weeks since last accident) to use her indoor potty(on comand) both at home and at work. We are never apart except for occassional trips to the store ect..
She sleeps with us every night, her favorite place is in the queen bed(yes for the queen, silk curtains ect..(ok I am a queen lol) she hears the word bed time and she is at the door before I can finish the word hehehehe, she loves her bath time, we have our bath and then retire for some smellies(all natural of course) and a foot massage, damn she loves that! She now has her territorial nature, barks when ever anyone enters the shop( our business where we spend our days) or the house.
I know there are horror stories about puppymill pups, but man I lucked out( although still prosicuting the mill oporator)\
She is the most wonderful dog!
When we first got her she started riding on my bike(harley motorcycle, and loved it) now its gonna be interesting to see how she reacts in the sping with the riding since she hasnt been on it for a few months(although working at a bike shop with the bikes all day( the sounds) still doesnt bother her and she loves hanging out the window of the car)
My only concern is that I bought a pure bred teacup chiuaua(OMG ROFLMAO) she is a 15 lb westie chi cross so gonna have to get a new carrier for her,. the chest one I bought before wont hold her now(she rides attatched to me in a carrier like a baby snugglie, no worries she is safe, also has her riding gear and goggles for the wind)
Now my scary part, I have to go away for 3 days soon, I am terrified, I have 3 sons who will be sitting her, sleeping with her ect.. ( she loves them to bits and visa a versa) but how the hell am I gonna survive!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would never breed her,she is soon going for her spaying( she is just 6 months) but man if all fur babies could be like her.............

TeriM
January 21st, 2007, 01:14 AM
Congrats, I'm glad things worked out so well. How about some pics?

tarasmom
January 21st, 2007, 01:17 AM
oh yeah, for those of you who ask why you babies follow you everywhere, its cause they love you!
dont ask why, enjoy it, Tara follows me step for step where ever I go, she has to be in the bathroom when I shower or pee, she is at my side at all times, and if she wasnt ..... well i would be lost, to have that kind of love... kids grow up and leave home, your dog is always there, by your side, confidant, best friend, soul mate. Never question that!

tarasmom
January 21st, 2007, 01:25 AM
would post pics if I could figure out how

any help?????

TeriM
January 21st, 2007, 01:37 AM
A lot of people here use photobucket. I just followed the directions in this thread http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24118

Angie J
January 21st, 2007, 07:17 AM
How wonderful for you both!!!
There is Nothing I enjoy more than to hear about a rescued pup and the awsome, love filled life it is now living (and giving)!!

Angie J

twisten
January 21st, 2007, 01:47 PM
Did I read this correctly? :confused: You bought what you thought was a purebred chihuahua teacup (actually there is no such thing as a teacup chihuahua, they are just very small chihuahua's) pup and ended up with a 15lb westi/chi cross?:eek: How did that happen??

tarasmom
January 21st, 2007, 03:41 PM
Yes i bought a very tiny pup, and was told ( as per the ad i saw) by the " breeder" that she was a purebred chiuaua-teacup(yes I know that isnt a breed) and as it turns out she is half chi and half westie(now looks more westie) and she is about 15 lbs(maybe a bit less havnt had her weighed ina while but she is a hell of a lot bigger than we expected) and yes the " breeder" is going down, of note she is currently advertising westies( not advertised as pure bred but she will tell you when you call that they are) that look exactly like mine( I am assuming they are crosses like mine.)
I was uneducated at the time we got her so didnt know, lesson learned.

twisten
January 22nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Tarasmom, I'm glad to hear this person, and I use the term loosely, is going down!!:D What did you do? It makes me so angry when so called breeders describe their animals and it turns out they're not what they said. What happened to honesty? And when they advertise for "teacup" chihuahuas that angers me even more. Especially the ones that breed strictly chihuahuas because they definitely know better, there is no such thing. And another thing that makes me mad is when a breeder realizes a pup is going to be really small, like 2 to 3 pounds, they up the price by hundreds of dollars. How old is your pup now? Sorry my post seems so angry but it is in no way intended towards you just unscrupulous "breeders".:evil:

tarasmom
January 31st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Hope this works, here are a couple of pictures of tara

tarasmom
January 31st, 2007, 12:31 PM
and another ( what a cutie)

Rottielover
January 31st, 2007, 12:41 PM
ha ha ha, definetly cute, definetly a westie mix....what a selling point. NOT!!!

tarasmom
January 31st, 2007, 12:55 PM
yes funny indeed.
When I told her that my pup was NOT the purebred teachup CHI. that she sold me her reply was " well huh, a westie is white you know" ( duh really? hmmmm ) then after seeing her ( didnt seem to recall selling her to me lol) she then told me that she looks like that beacuse of a recesive gene" don't you know how CHI's started" was her comment ( clearly I must look like I fell off the turnip truck last nigt)
She still insits that I am the moron for even thinking my dog could be a mix of Westie & CHI,
Good Grief lol

tarasmom
January 31st, 2007, 12:59 PM
opps, forgot to add this one ( you can see whay i fell in love with her at first sight)

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 01:51 PM
I still think she's addorable reguardless of what she is :cloud9:

tarasmom
January 31st, 2007, 01:59 PM
yes so do I!!!
I don't care that she is a mixed breed, frankly I think she is better that way, what infuriates me is people who call themselves breeders and take advantage of those who may not be educated enough( yes that was me) to know the difference between many breeds ectt, and they sell you what they say is a purebred at purebred prices when its not. I boast and joke about my one of a kind Chi. because I hope to show others what to watch for when it comes to BYB's

breeze
January 31st, 2007, 02:06 PM
well said :thumbs up