Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

attention members! are you male or female?

jiorji
January 20th, 2007, 10:27 PM
ermm....Rainbow wants to know the percentage of females to men on this board:o

please only vote if you're a human. Furries please see other polls :D

brandynva
January 20th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Yippee! I'm the first one to vote! I do have a question though, isn't there a similar poll put out by the mods on another thread? hmm... time to go hunting...

edited to say: DOH, it was something else I was thinking of. Sowwy. :sad:

jiorji
January 20th, 2007, 10:33 PM
lol had me worried there for a sec thinking "man what was I thinking listening to Rainbow to do a poll that's already been done??" lol

Prin
January 20th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah... http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26869

brandynva
January 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Oh yeahh! That's the one I was thinking of. I guess this poll narrows it a bit more though.

wdawson
January 20th, 2007, 10:42 PM
hhhmmmm glad i stired things up a bit.......wakey wakey...:D

jiorji
January 20th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Oh yeahh! That's the one I was thinking of. I guess this poll narrows it a bit more though.

of course it does!:D

jiorji
January 20th, 2007, 10:46 PM
hhhmmmm glad i stired things up a bit.......wakey wakey...:D

i think someone's out to cause trouble :rolleyes: hehe

wdawson
January 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM
75% female....25% male.......know wonder i'm feelin left out.....:D

wdawson
January 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM
but if i where single.......3-1 odds:D

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I know there's that one too but, as brandy says, this will narrow it down a bit (hopefully). :D I know there's more than Wayne and Rick and Scott and Byron's Dad. I just can't think of them all right now and the one's I can....spelling is an issue. :o Aodan?? and Jag's owner come to mind and I know there are others. :o

jiorji
January 20th, 2007, 10:51 PM
what happened to the guy with the malamute(sp??). I think things got busy with pup and the new baby....so that's a pretty obvious answer there ;)

wdawson
January 20th, 2007, 10:52 PM
i never cause trouble....never never never......i'm a good boy.:D

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 10:54 PM
i never cause trouble....never never never......i'm a good boy.:D

But we like it when you "try" and cause trouble with all the estrogen. :evil: :D

wdawson
January 20th, 2007, 10:58 PM
well it's 80% female and 20% male......i'm out numbered:eek:

but i still love a good debate , and i really like to make my point.

Byrd
January 20th, 2007, 11:03 PM
4-1 odds now.... at least last time I checked I was female. :p

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 11:04 PM
But that's why we need to recruit the testosterone. :D :evil:

wdawson
January 20th, 2007, 11:09 PM
i'm UP to the challenge....:D

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Sure glad you're "UP" Wayne....gotta keep the better half happy. :D

brandynva
January 20th, 2007, 11:15 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/eek/3.gif

P.S. -- Rainbow, are you subbing in Frenchy tonight?? :eek:

jiorji
January 20th, 2007, 11:15 PM

LOL oh my this thread wasn't meant for that kind of stuff. Going to give the mod on duty a heart attack :o

Byrd
January 20th, 2007, 11:16 PM
gotta keep the better half happy. :D

With all these women it sure would be!!!!!

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Frenchy....HELP !!! :yell: :D

Maya
January 21st, 2007, 12:24 AM
There's not much to choose from is there?

Prin
January 21st, 2007, 12:50 AM
wow 11 to 1... Crazy! No wonder it gets so crabby in here sometimes.:D

jiorji
January 21st, 2007, 12:57 AM
i think the few men are not voting to stay incognito to plot against us :evil:

Prin
January 21st, 2007, 12:58 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if one of the men clicked female and we could see their name there? :laughing:

jiorji
January 21st, 2007, 01:08 AM
out of all teh mods, i'm only 100% sure Marko's male. The rest could be ANYTHING!

Prin
January 21st, 2007, 01:11 AM
That's true eh? But judging by these stats, they're probably women... Then again, maybe that's where all the men are.:D

wdawson
January 21st, 2007, 01:21 AM
wow what an anti male crowd.

Frenchy
January 21st, 2007, 08:10 AM
Frenchy....HELP !!! :yell: :D

:sorry: My internet wasn't cooperating last night :mad: The guys usually log on on week days,I don't know why. And I don't think we are (how can I explain this) yes we are woman but were not too girly girls ? Owning dogs makes you a bit of (how the heck am I going to explain this) I mean we are not the french manicure type you know ? I know I'm not. But it would be so much cuter when I pick up bags after bags of poop if my nails were done :rolleyes: So it might be easier for guys to communicate with girls from this forum , we talk more about poop and farts than about our hair products :D

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 11:11 AM
LOL Exactly! I have never been a girly girl anyway, actually, I can't stand the girly girl type :rolleyes: . Dog sports makes you a little more butch I think... the girly girls make fun of me. :sad:

Prin
January 21st, 2007, 11:13 AM
Wow 20:1 .... Crazy.:eek:

Tommysmom
January 21st, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hey, I'm a girly girl! I have french manicured nails! Well I did until a few months ago... wait, that's when I got the dog... ummmm I dress girly - except I do tend to wear most of my husband's sweat pants now cuz it's easier walking the doggy and playing on the floor... I do still own makeup though, although I think I hid it to keep the puppy from eating it... I'm sure I'll find it again one day... ok, never mind, no girly girls here, lol.

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 12:12 PM
HAHA So what you're saying is it's the dogs that make us butch?

I do wear makeup, won't leave home without it, 'cept when I'm out doing the sports because then I sweat and the makeup runs and it's just icky.

Prin
January 21st, 2007, 12:25 PM
I don't wear make up ever... If I do I end up accidentally rubbing it all off before I leave the house anyway.:D

trippincherri
January 21st, 2007, 12:27 PM
I try to maintain my feminine side as much as possible, just because I simply like feeling like a girly girl.
But my nails are kept short and I wear sneakers everywhere, and jeans are my number one choice for everyday wear.
I hate skirts and high heels lol, never cared much for THAT aspect of femininity.
And is is true that it is much easier to own a dog especially if your not 100% into how you look because you don't always look pretty with slobber and muddy paw prints on you, or coming back from a day at the lake and your covered in wet dog hair and you've been in the car with them for 20 minutes so now your starting to smell like a wet dog yourself (thats my personal favorite), and it is easier to be feminine with a small froo froo doggy then with a large rough and tumble dog like MOST of us have on here.

I like my big smelly drooly hairy tug of warring mutts, and I wouldn't trade them for any froo froo dog :laughing: .

Stacer
January 21st, 2007, 12:31 PM
I'm a girl too! Lots of 'em here. Far from being a girly girl though, the far end of the spectrum. My nails are as short as I can cut them without causing myself harm, I don't dye my hair or wear make up, I only have sensible shoes, I only wear dresses/skirts on special occasions, I have more male than female friends. So, really judging by the other responses, the men should feel pretty good, we're not high maintenance here.

joeysmama
January 21st, 2007, 01:14 PM
I'm a girly-girl for sure !! I've got french tipped nails, and 3 different products in my hair, which I spent 45 minutes working on before I went to church. I wear jeans and loafers a lot (but I usually have fake pearls on too) but I love short skirts and high heels. All my friends think I'm "foofie."

But the weird thing is, when I see myself on video I'm always surprised at how girly I seem because I don't think of myself as being that prissy. I was raised in a very masculine house. I have brothers, but no sisters, and I take after my dad in so many ways that I identify with him much more than I do with my mom.

I also love the company of men. I think they're just fun and easy to get along with. And only recently, the last few years, do I think of myself as having gal friends that I actually like. :shrug:

But looking at the poll I'd have to say to the single girls here; It's a good thing you're just here to talk about your furbabies. This is a crummy place to meet guys.;)

Tommysmom
January 21st, 2007, 01:18 PM
Hmmm... does a jack russell count as a 'small, froo froo doggy'? He's small... but all 8 pounds of him THINKS he's a rottie!

erykah1310
January 21st, 2007, 01:20 PM
:laughing: I remember when i thought Frenchy was a man:laughing:

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 01:20 PM
LOL I like to dress up too, I like my sexy boots and low cut blouses, makeup, jewelry, etc. To me, a girly girl is someone who's afraid to get dirty, afraid to sweat, and heaven forbid they may actually go outside for a walk!!! :eek: Let's not forget looking foolish in front of others laughing and playing with a dog!

Hunter's_owner
January 21st, 2007, 02:45 PM
I am definetly not a girlie girl. I do dress up on occasion, but for the most part I prefer to wear jeans. I never wear make up, but I do spend time on my hair, I end up straightening it most mornings, but have never dyed it, as it is naturally orangey red, so I don't need to:rolleyes: (j/k)

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 02:53 PM

Um.... up until today I thought Hunter's Owner and Gomez were guys.... sorry, so, so sorry. :sorry: :sorry: Did I say sorry? Must be the name. :sorry:

I used to do something different with my hair every other month or so, I've had streaks, many different colours, red hair blonde bangs, etc. Now it has been natural for over a year, and I have it layered so that all I have to do is brush it and go, I hate fiddling with hair, whatever I do only lasts five minutes. :rolleyes:

Hunter's_owner
January 21st, 2007, 02:56 PM
Um.... up until today I thought Hunter's Owner was a guy.... sorry, so, so sorry. :sorry: :sorry: Did I say sorry? Must be the name. :sorry:

Yeah, thats ok:o Others have thought so too:o :D

jiorji
January 21st, 2007, 03:04 PM
hehe i just checked who voted for female and wow...some of them..who would've thought :o

Frenchy
January 21st, 2007, 03:19 PM

:mad: :yell:...:D

Hunter's_owner
January 21st, 2007, 04:23 PM
Thats okay Frenchy, I know how you feel:frustrated: :o

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM
:sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

CyberKitten
January 21st, 2007, 04:50 PM
How is it anti male? (just by being mostly female- that makes no sense. <g>

Is this for Rainbow's homework? :)

brandynva
January 21st, 2007, 05:10 PM
I'm not a girly girl either. If I could I would wear jeans and tennis shoes everyday. Alas, my job requires me to dress up. And it stinks because I work very hands on with kids and it would be nice to not wear my nicest clothes and to be comfortable. I still wear nice pants and comfortable black shoes though. :thumbs up There are times I do dress up and pull out all the makeup, like eyeliner, mascara etc. Normally it's just foundation, powder, blush and maybe some lip gloss if I feel like it. hehe This is fun. Now the next question would be what is the married to single ratio...

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 05:12 PM
Go for it.... married, common-law, engaged, single, or dating?

Hunter's_owner
January 21st, 2007, 05:16 PM
:sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry::sorry:

hee hee hee, thats okay:laughing:

jesse's mommy
January 21st, 2007, 05:22 PM
For me, there is only one person in the female category that I thought was a male. :o

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM
For me, there is only one person in the female category that I thought was a male. :o

Dare we ask?

Hunter's_owner
January 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Yes, spill the beans, every one else has I think, lol.

Was it me???:o :laughing:

jesse's mommy
January 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM
HO, it wasn't you. Alright, I'll spill. It was gomez. :o

Hunter's_owner
January 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM
Oh. actually I have to agree with you. I just looked at the results right before, and I was surprised to see that too. :o :o

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Some names are obvisous because they have 'mama, mommy, etc' in them. And those like me with the obvious biline. ;)

CyberKitten
January 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
Lots of NOT girlie girls too - which I count myself part of. This dies not mean I am ready to be overly atheltic but I rarely have time to do my nails and who the heck has time for much make up? Unless we are going out but I work so many hrs, that seems to happen not as much as we'd like. Oh well!! Plus, who has time to check every skirt for cat hair- thanfully, my kitties have short or no hair, lol

jiorji
January 21st, 2007, 05:52 PM
HO, it wasn't you. Alright, I'll spill. It was gomez. :o

me too!!:eek:

Stacer
January 21st, 2007, 06:23 PM
Only 2 men have responded thus far to the poll. I think that the men don't visit the forums as often as the women. Do you think that says something about us? I'm surprised any of us has time for a significant other, a job, kids, or our pets, we're on pets.ca so frequently:D

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 06:24 PM
me too!!:eek:

She's going to get a complex!!!!

mummummum
January 21st, 2007, 06:50 PM
What only TWO categories ????
Jeesh. Did you know that 1 out of every 2000 babies (I think...) is born intersex ? And what about transexual and transgendered people ?

(sorry, Wayne ~ I couldn't let you be the only one to stir it up a bit ;) )

Today, I believe I am Lady Frightenstein.:eek: I've either been out with the dogs or doing the Dreaded Housecleaning, my hair is definitely doing it's best Phyllis Diller impression, my hands look like claws and I've got my scrubbiest mucking-out clothes on. But tomorrow morning it's back into the suit and heels, coiffed with trowelful of makeup on, bedecked and bejewelled as they say. Gotta make a living !

Prin
January 21st, 2007, 08:11 PM
lol 32:1 :eek:

I think the intersex could just check off whichever gender they most identify with...:o

Frenchy
January 21st, 2007, 08:20 PM
lol 32:1 :eek:

I think the intersex could just check off whichever gender they most identify with...:o

no,it's now 32:2

AliSam
January 22nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Where are all the males?

jiorji
January 22nd, 2007, 10:04 AM
3 males!!!

i think they're just shy:o

technodoll
January 22nd, 2007, 10:07 AM
or maybe guys don't don't like polls as much as us girls do :p

SARAH
January 22nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
wow what an anti male crowd.

No wayyy, we just luv ya! in our own way :evil:

But I do need some testosterone for my workouts ... not the steroids though! ... so since I don't have too much of that, I can't lift as heavy as the guys, and that BUGS ME :mad:

Dogastrophe
January 22nd, 2007, 05:02 PM
I'm helping to keep the male contingent above 8% here! :thumbs up

Scott_B
January 23rd, 2007, 07:01 AM
Not that it really matters, but 1 more notch for the males :D

Byrd
January 23rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
Now there's an opposite, I thought Dogastrophe was female. :o :sorry:

Prin
January 23rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Well, that seems sort of like the board... 9:1... :D