Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Red Green Show

brandynva
January 20th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Ok, so this show comes on PBS on the weekends here. I LOOOVE this show! I noticed it was produced in Canada. I was wondering if any of ya'll have seen this comedic entertainment up there in the great white north and if anybody knew where it was filmed at.

P.S. -- I hope this in the right place.

Prin
January 20th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I don't know where it's filmed... But I hope you don't think all Canajuns are like that..:D

We're more like Bob and Doug Mackenzie.:D

brandynva
January 20th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I just love the humor! Especially the guy that uses duct tape for everything. Last night he duct taped his car into a muffin gun and blew up an outhouse. I just about died laughing!

Er, I'm not sure who Bob and Doug Mackenzie are though.

and don't worry, I know that Canadians live in igloos most of the year and it is never sunny up there EVER. and oh yeah, ya'll keep bears for pets eh?

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I haven't seen his show for a long time but it was pretty funny though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show

Prin
January 20th, 2007, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6G4O_qP3xo

Here.. Bob and Doug talking about doggy scoopin...:D

CyberKitten
January 20th, 2007, 11:15 PM
He is an icon for duct tape, lol He is kind of shy in person - as in offstage - he has done our hospital telethon a few times so I've got to know him thru that. A really wonderful person!! Generous with his time and very humble - all good traits imho! I wish I could say I watch the show more but we do see it now and then. Sad it is only on in reruns now tho, sigh!! He does some appearances tho I think.

technodoll
January 20th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I LOVE THAT SHOW! wooo! even rented the movie :laughing: and at Home Depot he has his own "brand" of duct tape :thumbs up

CyberKitten
January 21st, 2007, 09:08 AM
Persinally, I think the company should give him shares in Duct Tape - he must have brought zillions of bucks to them, lol But I guess his own brand helps. :)

Stacer
January 21st, 2007, 10:23 AM
Brandynva, Red Green is a Canadian Icon. His real name is Steve Smith and he had been in comedy forever, you can look up Smith and Smith Comedy Mill, and see some of his earlier comedy with his wife. It was a sad day when The Red Green Show ended. Check out the movie Duct Tape Forever.

wdawson
January 21st, 2007, 11:07 AM
i thing the show was taped in toronto,he lives in hamilton......i met him once while doing some work at the hamilton harbour club....he was getting off his sailboat.

joeysmama
January 21st, 2007, 01:30 PM
I saw it here on PBS but that was a few years back and it was on pretty late at night. I remember that it was funny. I also remember it because I recognized his voice from a Sesame Street "short" that I used to see when my kids were small. They had a bit where this plastic drinking cup with a picture of a little man would come out of the cabinet and interact with other kitchen items, whisk or whatever, and solve their problems.

And there was a song "You can't tell a hero by his size, he's just a teeny little super guy---ooohhh yeahhhhh !"

Does anyone else remember that ???????:o It was about 20 years ago. Anyway, when we saw he Red Green show I thought "That's the voice of the teeny little super guy !!!"

Dogastrophe
January 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
If I remember correctly, the Red Green character came from a series of skits that he did during Smith and Smith.

Brandynva, the show ran for many years here in Canada. Several years ago, PBS picked it up and began airing it in the border states. The show ceased production a few years ago (2 or 3 years?).