Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some new gear

Colubridz
January 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Well I've been meaning to get some new stuff for Duke as his old collar and harness are beginning to wear away so I went to check out Petsmart as it's closest and found a really nice double stitched royal blue harness for him, got him a matching collar as most people leave the collar on with the id tage even when they walk with a harness right? I guess I could just transfer the tage to the harness loop but regardless his old collar was getting worn out so he needed a new one.

Looked into their dog safety seat belts and was disapointed most of the ones they advertised on their site were not in stock so I'll be checking out petcetera instead. In the meantime will be using his walking harness in the car as it's better then nothing at the moment.

They also were out of dog coats in his size so I went to the small cat rescue/ pet store and orderd him a nice warm cotten and what felt like seude coat as they were out of his size.

It's nice as it has to velcro strips on the under side of the coat to keep it on so I won't need to try and get his paws through two sleeves as he's still sensitive around them and absolutly hates when I pick them up ( still working on desensitizing him).

Lastly got him a beef nuckly bone stuffed with real turkey, he absolutly loves it!! I only give it to him when I'm around to supervise but it kept him occupied for a solid 3 hours last night when I was working on a math review before my exam on teusday.

Here's a pic of him in his new stylish gear and I'll post pics of his new jacket when it comes in on teusday.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/Duke/IMG_4101.jpg

Kayla

Tommysmom
January 20th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Looks great - I love how the blue shows up so nicely against his dark coat! He's a handsome fella:thumbs up

mummummum
January 21st, 2007, 06:27 PM
Such a handsome lad ~ looking forward to the coat pix ! Bet he loved his bone too!

Mocha's mum
January 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
What a beautiful boy. He looks very regal sitting in that picture...:D

Prin
January 21st, 2007, 07:30 PM
Very cute little guy! Spoiled rotten! :)

TeriM
January 22nd, 2007, 01:54 AM
Looks so handsome :lovestruck: .