Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone loose a GSD Dog?

Winston
January 20th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I just left my house to do some running around..When I got to the corner I saw this beautiful gsd running towards me! It looked like a young female! She stopped to do her business and no one was with her anywhere! She was in the park at the corner! I got out of my car and proceeded to try to get her attention and come to me but she was not interested....She bolted down 10 blocks, and ran across a very busy intersection almost getting hit and just kept on running..I followed her slowly in my car to at least watch where she was going because she was now obviously far from where she started! I lost her when I tried to cross that busy street! I ventured back to where I first saw her thinking someone must be looking for this beauty! No one was even around! Boy I feel bad!

Went home ... called Humane Society..they are closed...Then called animal control and I all I got was an automated service! How frustrating!

:mad:

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 05:24 PM
You would think that HS and animal control would have an emergency number to call when their offices are closed. :mad: I hope someone is able to catch her or she finds her way home. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: :fingerscr

Winston
January 20th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I felt so horrible ! I went back and drove around! She looked so
terrified! I tried something a trainer once told me the first time I stopped my car! and what they told me some dogs that bolt on you will turn around and chase you if you run the opposite direction! Well she was on a mission! I cannot believe how quickly she covered 10 blocks or so! I could not find her anywhere! I am hoping that she was just running home! She certainly has a guardian angel because the very busy street she crossed and didnt even hesitate to look she just kept on running! I even asked a man to grab a hold of her while she was running towards him but he could not be bothered! I hope she is home!

Cindy
:candle:

alemap
January 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
Hi, Could you please explain what a GSD is? If it is a Giant Schnauzer, I've lost a black Giant. Could you please respond ASAP. Thanks!

I just left my house to do some running around..When I got to the corner I saw this beautiful gsd running towards me! It looked like a young female! She stopped to do her business and no one was with her anywhere! She was in the park at the corner! I got out of my car and proceeded to try to get her attention and come to me but she was not interested....She bolted down 10 blocks, and ran across a very busy intersection almost getting hit and just kept on running..I followed her slowly in my car to at least watch where she was going because she was now obviously far from where she started! I lost her when I tried to cross that busy street! I ventured back to where I first saw her thinking someone must be looking for this beauty! No one was even around! Boy I feel bad!

Went home ... called Humane Society..they are closed...Then called animal control and I all I got was an automated service! How frustrating!

:mad:

grimm
January 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM
Hi Winston, very nice of you to care. I also hope that she is back home safe and sound. Busy streets are not good for any dog.

Alemap, GSD is a German Shepherd Dog. Sorry to hear about your Schnauzer, hope you find her soon

chico2
January 21st, 2007, 04:18 PM
ALemap,a GSD is a German Shepard,sorry to hear about your giant Shnautzer,when did he/she get lost and from where??
We have a ntework of people here,maybe someone lives close by..and can help.
Please let us know if she/he comes back home:fingerscr :fingerscr

alemap
January 21st, 2007, 04:30 PM
Hi Chico 2,
He's already posted on the site and has been since December. Sorry, everyone, I knew GSD, after the fact, but I was so excited it might have meant Giant Schnauzer. Sorry to be a bother. Thanks.

chico2
January 21st, 2007, 04:33 PM
Aww please,you would never be a bother,so very sorry about your dog beeing missing:sad:
I saw one just the other day,walking with his owner,also black,he was a beautiful dog:love:

Golden Girls
January 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks for trying Winston. :fingerscr for the dog's safety and that she made it back home

mycozyhome
January 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Chico 2

I know most of the Giant Schnauzers in Ontario. It is possible that Quincy was stolen and is with a new person now. Do you remember where you saw the Giant and how he was with?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Christine
Giant Schnauzer Assistance Canada

chico2
January 28th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Mycozyhome,I met him while I was walking my neighbors Cocker.
He was walking with a young man(maybe 30)on Rebecca Street,in Oakville Ont.
So I assume he would live nearby.Very well behaved,well trained dog:dog:

mycozyhome
January 28th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Thank you so much. I will follow up on that.:fingerscr

Christine