Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

affordable spay clinic

cranesp
January 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Im trying to find an affordable spay clinic in Edmonton area, I took in a young stray cat, nearly frozen during the frigid weather, nursed her back to health, advertized the find, no one called. She now 'heats' Iwould keep her if spaying can be done on a budget a disabled pensioner can handle, Any hope, thanks

heidiho
January 19th, 2007, 04:57 PM
'she Now Heats" What Is That

badger
January 19th, 2007, 05:31 PM
She's going into heat and this lady is looking for a clinic in Edmonton that offers low-cost spaying.
Cransesp, don't let that cat out of your sight, however much she begs. It takes just a few seconds for them to get pregnant.

heidiho
January 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM
oops never heard it called that way,sorry:footinmouth:

vfrohloff
January 20th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Are there any veterinary schools in your area? I would try and find one, they often do lower cost spay/neuter clinics because it's good practice for the students. Good luck!

badger
January 20th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Maybe you could call this rescue group:

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AB38.html

Usually rescue groups have arrangements with vets who provide care at a lower price. Don't ask them to pay for your cat to be spayed - rescue groups have no money to spare. But they may know of a vet who charges less or takes payments.
Good luck!

kij
January 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM
There's a clinic in Edmonton called The Spay Clinic. Apparently it offers better prices than what you'd see at vet clinic.

Here's the contact info:

10575 111 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5H 3E8
Telephone : 780-426-4221

Hope that helps!

chico2
January 30th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cranesp,thank's for saving this poor little girl from freezing to death and I hope you'll find a reasonable place to have her spayed:fingerscr
Please don't let her outside no matter how loud she meows,the result would be a litter of kittens dying out in the snow,maybe even the mom:sad:

Mocha's mum
January 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM
There's a clinic in Edmonton called The Spay Clinic

Yup. The Spay Clinic is what I would recommend. That's all they do there, and they're relatively inexpensive. I took my dog there, he was a bilateral chryptorchid (his testicles didn't decend), and it only cost me $90 for his surgery.

kij
February 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
If your cat is female it will cost $125.00. That's still lots, but price quotes from some vets around the city were as high as $230.