Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Barking at the snow plow!

TracyG
January 19th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted anything but things are going great with my golden! She's now over a year and a half and we are just SO in love with her!! I do have a question as I just noticed her doing something today! Apparently...Indy doesn't like the snow plow! I never noticed this last year but today, she was at the back door barking and howling at the snow plow clearing the street behind us! It was really startling because she is a dog that NEVER barks!! We can pass dogs, people have the door bell ring...nada! Other dogs will bark at her...no problem! But apparently the snow plow is just too much for her!;)
It's not a huge deal, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to get her to stop, I'd appreciate it! I know not to reward her when doing it but will she "get it" if I reward her when she's quiet?

Prin
January 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah, Boo does that too... I just give him a hug and tell him it's nothing. :shrug:

LynLyn
January 19th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Bowser does it too...I've stopped being annoyed and sometimes will bark with him. (yes I am weird):p

Frenchy
January 19th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I bark with my dogs too ! :o Daisy used to bark at snow plow and any tractors (I have fields all around) sorry I can't help you , I just tought it was cute and funny when she did it :p

TracyG
January 20th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Like I said, it's really no big deal. I really do find it kind of funny! Prin, I was doing the same type of thing. I was like, "What the heck is so scary about the flashing light on the snow plow??" She really is "all bark and no bite";) I just thought I'd put it out there and see if my pup is the only odd one out there!! If this is the only "problem" we have with her...I can live with that!!
Thanks guys!